Posting download links?

Post links to articles, YouTubes, photos, etc. on the band.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Splasher
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Posting download links?

Unread postby Splasher » 26 Jun 2013 04:13

I know there's probably some thread for this, but this has always intrigued me. It seems that on this forum there's a blanket ban on any Sick Puppies' song downloads, including on songs that are from albums out of print that can not possibly make them any more money and even the songs from Dog's Breakfast, where the back cover explicitly says that it's ok to share it "illegally" with anyone you want.

So my question is, what is the rule on posting download links to songs that aren't released on any albums (Say My Name, Shards and the studio snippets of Pathogen and Pretend) or acoustic versions of songs that have been recorded by radio stations (eg. mp3 files of the recent acoustic streams that can be found in the media lounge)? I've always wondered as it would be great for us to be able share Sick Puppies' songs that we would otherwise have no way of having on our iPods. It would also make me feel like the time I've spent finding the best quality acoustic versions of songs and demos of songs, downloading them and labeling them correctly has been time well spent if I can share the files with fellow Sick Puppies fans.

tl;dr, are we allowed to post download links for songs that are not on any album and will not be featuring on any albums in the foreseeable future?

*J*
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: Posting download links?

Unread postby *J* » 06 Jul 2013 12:19

We do not condone downloading or file sharing, but feel free to post links of live footage from concerts or streaming performances from radio stations.

Splasher
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: Posting download links?

Unread postby Splasher » 07 Jul 2013 00:21

Return to “Media Lounge”