lyric help? "What are you looking for (radio edit version)"

Lyrics to Sick Puppies music
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
sicklucidpainter
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

lyric help? "What are you looking for (radio edit version)"

Unread postby sicklucidpainter » 31 Jul 2013 11:04

So I've been searching online for the lyrics for the radio edit version of "What are you looking for" as the lyrics skew slightly from the original version.

Sadly after searching about 10 pages on google and the forum, I have yet to find a set of lyrics that actually add the verses in the radio version. Since some of the words are hard to understand and or I'm not confident in them 100%. Is there anyone out there that can help me out with that? It'll save me a lot of head aches haha, thank you!

"not knowing everything is all that makes it okay....sometimes" ~Katarina Maxwell

Finally saw the puppies ~*Fete Ballroom Providence RI, 08-09-2013*~

rapscallion
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: lyric help? "What are you looking for (radio edit versio

Unread postby rapscallion » 31 Jul 2013 14:50

I don't think I ever heard it on the radio. Do you know if there is a link or a youtube of that version? The only DUAL songs I ever hear on the local station are My World and All the Same.

When a sky full of tears falls to the earth, I've got to believe we're healing now

sicklucidpainter
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby sicklucidpainter » 01 Aug 2013 05:23

"not knowing everything is all that makes it okay....sometimes" ~Katarina Maxwell

Finally saw the puppies ~*Fete Ballroom Providence RI, 08-09-2013*~

rapscallion
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby rapscallion » 02 Aug 2013 04:21

Wow! Great find! I think you have all the lyrics right - I didn't hear anything different. I love the heaviness on "you won't get nothing from nothing"! "What Are You Looking For" is one of my favorites, so this is pretty cool. Thanks for sharing!

Interesting that they chose to change the last line too. There's a Listen In podcast where Shim is talking about this song, and said that on one take he changed the last line to "What are you waiting for?" and that ended up being the take they used for the album.

Anyway, really really cool find. Thank you for posting it! :music:

When a sky full of tears falls to the earth, I've got to believe we're healing now

Skinwalker
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Skinwalker » 02 Aug 2013 20:35

All that you said you were shady on (the green) sounds completely right. I love this song and I've been looking for a version my parents would be fine with me blasting and I think I found it. However I do like the ending on the album version better. Its almost like Shim's asking you what YOU yourself are waiting for to do whatever. This is a fantastic find and I am so glad that you found it and decided to share it with us.

Lose your pride, lose your patience, lose your mind. But whatever the case may be, NEVER LOSE HOPE!
SMILE!!! Let everyone know you are a lot stronger than you were yesterday
Sometimes what holds you together & what tears you apart are the SAME things!

Shows so far (Just starting): 5/4/2013

Splasher
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Splasher » 03 Aug 2013 01:20

I saw this on iTunes a while ago but of course it's only for US :cry:

I think you got all the lyrics right, thanks for posting :smile:

Nicky_Angel
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Nicky_Angel » 30 Apr 2014 06:46

Its funny because until just 2 weeks ago I never heard the "cars" story.
Maybe they only tell it in shows or maybe it somehow slipped from my mind but when Shim said that this song was originally called "Cars" until they recorded it and decided to name it "what are you looking for" I had no idea the song actually contained the words "cars" in it.
I think I always sang it as something else and now ever since the show whenever I hear this song its like someone painted the words Cars in bold and all I can notice is that.
so strange I know :laugh:

I don't care, no I wouldn't dare, To fix the twist in you

Return to “Lyrics”