Promoting Band.. Creatively Inspired..

Draw an awesome photo of the band? Want to give them a shout of thanks? Put it here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
mel13
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Promoting Band.. Creatively Inspired..

Unread postby mel13 » 23 Apr 2010 17:26

I am actually a jewelry designer. I, myself, have been inspired by so many Sick Puppies lyrics & songs.. I won't subject you all to the endless list.. nevertheless, I would LOVE to produce some jewelry designs inspired by the band and their music.. I'm not looking to make a buck off their fame or anything of that nature.. I am simply a HUGE fan and would be honored to create some pieces. I wasn't sure if I should if this was a "ask the band" type question.. or an administrator.. Kinda new to the whole forum thing.. you'll have to cut me a break this once.. so.. any suggestions?

:music:

MarixD
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: Promoting Band.. Creatively Inspired..

Unread postby MarixD » 23 Apr 2010 19:16

This seems like it would be OK.
To what extent would this be associated with the Pups?

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 23 Apr 2010 20:44

Yea, I don't think pieces inspired by them would be a problem, but that all depends on the extent of it...

mel13
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby mel13 » 24 Apr 2010 07:37

that's a good question.. okay, well, let me put it this way.. i've made 3 necklaces.. i hand-painted "sp" on the black beads i added to the hemp necklaces.. but that's all i've done thus far..

mel13
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby mel13 » 24 Apr 2010 21:58

so.. i took 3 pieces i had made.. and gave them to the band tonight.. :biggrin:

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 25 Apr 2010 09:09

Doesn't sound like a problem at all. The only time you'd run into a problem is if you were using some kind of copyrighted images and selling them. You should post some pictures of what you make so we can all check them out.

mel13
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby mel13 » 25 Apr 2010 14:39

while i'd love to officially make jewelry for their merch.. i'll go about that idea the legal way.. :laugh:

but.. in regards to what i had made.. i'll have to make some more.. i gave the only 3 i had made to the band themselves last night at the show..

i had made emma a black hemp bracelet w/ white cracked glass beads w/ sp hand painted on the middle bead..

i made shin a black hemp necklace w/ 3 black beads.. the middle one had sp in red hand painted on it..

the third, and for mark, of course.. was original hemp with 3 black lava beads w/ sp hand painted in red on the middle bead..

hope they enjoy them! if i never make another.. it was well worth it! :rock:

MarixD
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby MarixD » 25 Apr 2010 14:52

Sounds cool.
I hope they love them.
I would love a hemp necklace with the Tri-Polar symbol on it.

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 25 Apr 2010 17:44

mel13
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby mel13 » 14 May 2010 23:51

marixd - i made one! after i posted all this.. i have been MIA for a bit.. but during that time.. i made a few more beads and made one w/ the tripolar symbol on it! black hemp / black bead / white tripolar symbol on it..

cassie: i know what you mean! i have several diff colors of hemp.. i actually make just about anything BUT the hemp i just like working with to get away from the constant beading/metal working stuff.. usually i plug my ears with my zune (rockin' out to who else) while i work away.. good times..

:music:

Return to “Fan Art & Appreciation”