3/14 Poughkeepsie, NY - pics!

Got a photo with the band? Want to show off your autographs? How about some live shots from your shows? Put them here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
jersey
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby jersey » 09 Apr 2008 11:21

My friends and I drove all the way to Poughkeepsie to see Sick Puppies. We got there pretty early, stood in the wrong line for a half hour, then got into the right line, haha. When we were let in, we got right up to the stage. So, here are a combination of pics from my friends camera and mine:

It was an amazing concert. My favorite pic is the one with Shim that I made yellow cause I was bored. I love the original one. Look at his eyes! haha.

"Have you ever confused a dream with life? ... Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted."

eleanorrigby
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby eleanorrigby » 09 Apr 2008 11:23

Great pics..and his eyes look a little scary..lol....I love it!

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 09 Apr 2008 16:19

Awesome pics. I love the red Emma one.

Missy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Missy » 09 Apr 2008 18:48

LOL In the edited pic of Shim, he looks like he should be in a zombie movie!!! hehe I love your pics!

jersey
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby jersey » 09 Apr 2008 21:06

Thanks guys. I never really photoshopped anything before... so i was just messing around with the colors. And then I was like... Hey cool! haha. See those water bottles in the first pic? I was SO tempted to take one. By the way, I think it was awesome that Emma and Mark were wearing The Almost shirts for the photo op. Can't really tell what Shim was wearing.

"Have you ever confused a dream with life? ... Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted."

Shamrock
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Shamrock » 11 Apr 2008 00:46

Hey, great photos :) I agree about the red one of Emma, it looks cool.

Missy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Missy » 12 Apr 2008 19:06

LOL You should have taken a water bottle! I almost did at the last show too lmao

ajs8713

Unread postby ajs8713 » 14 Apr 2008 17:44

yeah i like your pics good stuff.

aussiemcluvn

Unread postby aussiemcluvn » 14 Apr 2008 17:54

amazing pics! the red one of emma is awesome

Lisa
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Lisa » 14 Apr 2008 19:26

Cool pics!!...love the colors!

morwen1031
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby morwen1031 » 15 May 2008 05:26

I was there that day! I wonder if I saw you there.....were you at the Best Buy acoustic show as well?

I ask because we kind of met up with someone (I forget her name), but I let her store her camera in my car because we fell for the stupid "no cameras" rule (I'm always afraid that the one day they actually do what they say they're gonna do my digital cam is gonna get stolen or something). Turns out I didn't even get pat down or anything.

So I didn't get any pics from the show itself, but I did get a really cool pic with them at the Best Buy show, and a couple of perf. ones there (which I haven't uploaded yet). Here's the m&g one:

I think I should note, even though you can't see it, that I had a huge rash on the side of my face because I had some bizarre reaction to some face cream the day before. So I was all swollen and red. I must have put about a pound of makeup on to cover it, but I was so nervous, because all I could think about was if I don't do a good job covering this up, SP is gonna think I have leprosy or something.

Morwen1031

Sick Puppies World Crew Ambassador - New York
Welcome Wagon Team Member
Such is the way of it, to find and lose, as it would seem to those whose boat is on the running stream...

jersey
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby jersey » 15 May 2008 20:39

no...unfortunately I wasn't as the Best Buy thing. We drove from 2 and a half hours away...it was an interesting road for 3 college students. haha. I always miss the acoustic shows! :-/ There was one literally down the street from my college the day after poughkeepsie, but it was 21+. of course. But yeah, were u in the pit right below the stage more towards emma? cause if u were, we were standing right next to each other, haha.
LOL on the leprosy comment too. :D

morwen1031
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby morwen1031 » 16 May 2008 05:03

Morwen1031

Such is the way of it, to find and lose, as it would seem to those whose boat is on the running stream...

Donna
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Donna » 16 May 2008 14:03

great picture and you look adorable so I wouldn't worry about the leprosy :P

I believe in nothing, not the day and not the dark. I believe in nothing but the beating of our hearts

jersey
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby jersey » 16 May 2008 15:56

morwen1031
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby morwen1031 » 17 May 2008 18:33

Well, if you were standing by us you probably remember the crazy drunken shirtless sweaty guy that was glad that his nipple rings didn't get ripped out in the pit :D

We also had a bunch of really annoying and whiny girls behind us that kept trying to push their way to the front. Myself, my friend, and another girl were trying as hard as possible to prevent that from happening.

Yeah, we left right after SP came on with zero intentions of coming back :D. We went to the merch table and got a bunch of crap signed......and then I left and got pulled over by a cop on my way home.

Morwen1031

jersey
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby jersey » 17 May 2008 20:47

yes! I totally remember that. There was this one blonde girl in particular who I wanted to elbowed in the face! >:( I was on the little step thing and she was right behind me, pushing into me like crazy. It was NOT pleasant. haha. So I postioned my one hand on the railing, and elbowed her in the gut as hard as I could muster. Needless to say, she left me alone after that. :D I also got the hell out of that mess right after SP. I hung out around the merch table drinking water for a while, but unfortunately my friends wanted to see Chevelle. So I let them venture back into the sweaty mob and just watched from a distance until it was over.

aww.. That sucks about getting pulled over :(

morwen1031
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby morwen1031 » 18 May 2008 08:36

Haha....you know what, the night was so awesome, it would have been worth the the ticket, had I actually received one (I didn't though, because it turns out one of my headlights was just out....plus I'm sure the PBA card my cousin the cop gave me helped out too).

Do you remember those girls screaming "I hope they play the Emma Song (I'm assuming they meant Anywhere But Here)." I am glad that you elbowed them though....hahahahaha ;D

Morwen1031

nicolenice
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: 3/14 Poughkeepsie, NY - pics!

Unread postby nicolenice » 26 Aug 2008 15:54

ok some how I have never seen these pics before.

But I love the one of all 3 that is in purple and I really like the one of Emma in red

Shamrock
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: 3/14 Poughkeepsie, NY - pics!

Unread postby Shamrock » 27 Aug 2008 22:33

You look cute in the photo Danielle, no one would have ever know there was a rash ;)

I also think it's funny how Shim's down to your level. It's cute.

Return to “Fan Photos & Autographs”