Concert Photos from Samsung Memoir Moments

Got a photo with the band? Want to show off your autographs? How about some live shots from your shows? Put them here!
wrxracer24
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Concert Photos from Samsung Memoir Moments

Unread postby wrxracer24 » 13 Aug 2009 12:11

I can see it both ways, seriously I don't mean any disrespect to Elena but I don't see any reason to put down a fan for supporting the band she is trying to promote. Like I said before as long as he bought it in a store or online it shouldn't matter, the Sick Puppies are still making their money from it. Especially with illegal downloads being so big and accessible :shame: . But I'm over it, It was a good show and I definitely got more than my money's worth. Glad that there is those people to hand out those cards. Imagine how long it would take if she had to do that too? Everyone from Higher Ground seemed nice that I saw. One guy cleaning up the parking lot as we were leaving was wearing a Free Hugs t-shirt (must have just bought it) jokingly said "want a free hug" and laughed. I just looked at him and laughed and continued to walk to the car with my sister. He said thank you and have a good night. Security during the show seemed sparse. They had their flashlights and would run into the crowd every now and then.
During the Sidecar Radio show we were perfectly placed like only 2 or 3 people back right up in the front to see Shim. I wanted to be there so badly because we were near Emma the last time. People started pushing their way in from the sides and we got pushed back a person or two. Then when Sidecar Radio said they had just 2 more songs and then Sick Puppies would be on...I started to feel really bad...I had been waiting outside for 2 hrs (starting from 5pm) and then stood tighty packed inside until about 9:30pm. I started to smell the fumes from my nail polish and i started to have hot flashes ( I hadn't eaten or drank anything that whole day because I was so psyched and nervous ) And then at Sidecar Radio's last song I blacked out and dropped close to the ground (so my sister tells me) I rested my head and closed my eyes on my sisters shoulder and I felt better after 3 or 4 minutes. Everyone started talking around me. The girl in front of me said to her friends "I hope she doesn't f'in throw up on me" Then the drunkenness and moshingness started to get to too high of a level and my sister and I decided we needed to get out of there. So we gave up our perfect spot and go off to the side up near the wall. At least we could breathe, move a little and not fear for our lives. So next show I'll definitely position ourselves to the sides of the show. :tongue:
Meeting the band and having Shim shake my hand at the merch table was definitely the best moment of my life. So sincere :bow: and the coolest guy I've ever met. I'll never forget it. :drool:

You think it's all just playing, fun and games
You're treating it like a joke
Some people say they wanna be me
This life can be very deceiving
It's just your state of mind

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby angelbear425 » 13 Aug 2009 16:15

^^^ That honestly sounds like an awful experience to black out and then have to give up your spot and move. :cry:

Shim: You don't like Rage Against the Machine?
Me: I like one song.
Shim: Which one?
Me: Bulls on Parade.
Shim: F%&* off! HAHA

wrxracer24
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby wrxracer24 » 13 Aug 2009 16:29

yeah that was going to be the only way i could get some air. The people in front of us were so close we had to watch our hands...and the people behind us were like right up against us. the girl in front of us kept texting the whole time so she'd lean back and lean right into our faces. Then the pushing got really bad by drunk people. My legs and feet started to hurt so I was trying to rock from side to side so they wouldn't go numb..I guess my sis could see it in my face because she kept asking "are you ok, are you ok"...and I was fine for awhile until all of a sudden it took its toll and I started to see black spots and sweating profusely and felt so weak...but then it was like a miracle that in like 3 minutes I started to come around again. The girls in front of me were trying to motion to security to get me out of there but I had come around and we decided we had to get out of there. All I could think of the whole time is that I waited this whole time and now I could potentially miss seeing Sick Puppies. I wanted to cry. I didn't care about my health..haha I was just concerned with waiting all this time to see the pups. The opening bands were just horrible horrible :shh: These bands think that if they swear and play their music loud and scream at the top of their lungs "instead of singing" is cool and people will like it. Everytime these crappy bands f**k up my hearing so bad that when the band I came there to see SICK PUPPIES of course comes onto the stage and starts to sing...all I literally hear is Shim probably after he would have had to inhale the helium of about 100 balloons. He sounds so high and almost chipmunk like. And I know Shim doesn't sound like that! I had to literally check the footage from my flip camera to verify that he didn't sound high on helium! I was like "ok, its just me..haha" I couldn't hear him clearly all night except for after when I got to meet him and get a picture. My ears got screwed up last time to. I'm thinking maybe for next time ear plugs for the other bands and then pull them out so I can enjoy Sick Puppies more. Anyone tried this?

PS Just wanted to add that your signature picture of Shim scares the crap out of me...when my 3yr old nephew looks at that picture he goes "joker! joker!"..too funny. He has a speech problem so it sounds funny. But he knows who the sick puppies are and can name them to you and point to their pictures and say emma is a girl...too cute!

Matthew
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Matthew » 13 Aug 2009 16:50

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby angelbear425 » 13 Aug 2009 16:53

wrxracer24
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby wrxracer24 » 13 Aug 2009 17:22

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 13 Aug 2009 22:25

^^^Yea, I've definitely considered the ear plugs thing. I just haven't had time to look into them. I have time before my next show tho so I have time...Seeing bands I like at small venues with these horrible opening bands are rough. You can never hear the band you went to see...(I went to see Automatic Loveletter at the Croc Rock on the smaller stage, with 4 opening bands that had their music up WAAAAAY too loud. It was horrible...)

Jami, I'm always jealous when I see that picture. That must have been a sweet show. I would love to see any of my 4 favorite bands at a Halloween show...one day...

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby angelbear425 » 13 Aug 2009 22:36

That show was totally awesome!! I wish we were allowed to use cameras in there and Shim seemed pissed that nobody got pics/vids of him at the Joker. I mean I do understand the reason that they didn't allow cameras, but since we all had passes there would have been no problems.

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 14 Aug 2009 08:49

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby angelbear425 » 14 Aug 2009 09:04

Yea haha it def was awesome!

dreamreever71
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby dreamreever71 » 16 Aug 2009 08:36

why is it taking them soooooooooo long to post the pics from the shows??? really intrested in seeing the pics from the portland show. :cry:

Missy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Missy » 16 Aug 2009 10:40

The pics have to be uploaded while they're on the road. Not only is it difficult to find time to do normal things like eat when you're running around getting stuff done, but it's REALLY difficult to find a computer with good enough Internet access to upload sooooooo many photos. Then they pile up and the task gets even harder to accomplish

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby angelbear425 » 16 Aug 2009 14:17

Tim
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Tim » 16 Aug 2009 14:46

I found the Springfield, MO pictures. They are in with the Abilene pictures and start at #15.
Last edited by Tim on 17 Aug 2009 08:59, edited 1 time in total.

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 16 Aug 2009 18:57

Lyzz
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Lyzz » 17 Aug 2009 08:40

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 17 Aug 2009 08:55

Reptar
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Reptar » 17 Aug 2009 11:08

I can't wait for the photos from Hilton Head, SC to be put up.

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 17 Aug 2009 19:01

Reptar
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Reptar » 18 Aug 2009 06:30

lol yeah i know.

Return to “Fan Photos & Autographs”