HoHo Show St Louis, MO 12-13-10

Got a photo with the band? Want to show off your autographs? How about some live shots from your shows? Put them here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
STLOUIS_FAN
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

HoHo Show St Louis, MO 12-13-10

Unread postby STLOUIS_FAN » 20 Dec 2010 10:17

*WARNING* This is kinda long.....

This was my BEST Sick Puppies experience!! It all began when my friend called me and told me she just won tickets to the show. We were planning on going anyway, but who doesn't love free tickets?! Then, she dropped the bomb on me. A FREE PRIVATE ACOUSTIC SHOW!!! :shocked: I was ecstatic when she said, "No one would appreciate it more than you, that's why you're gonna be my date." Finally! My Sick Puppies obsession has paid off!!

We get to the Pageant, and we wait in Suite 100 aka Merch room. We're there approx 10 minutes and they send us into the show area. We were told to just hang out there and the Pups would be out shortly. There are about 20 people just standing around, and before I know it, here comes Shim across the stage, and bouncing down the stairs. "Hey Guys! Everyone just relax. We're gonna say hi to everyone, and then play you a few songs." Then comes Mark and Emma.

They work their way through the group of people, and finally get to us. Shim approached me and stuck his hand out as I started to open my arms. Realizing that he's gonna shake my hand I quickly stop in my tracks. :oops: He then says, "Oh give me some love" and then hugs me! :hug: I tell him that it's been exactly one year since I've seen the band, and he asks where I saw them. Then he asked me my name. He proceeds to say hi to my friend when Mark approaches. I give him a hug and say, "Dude! I love you're hair like this!" He sweetly says, "Thanks." Emma was last to come through, but she didn't approach us directly. She smiled and waved to us. :cry:

They all took their spots on stage to give us our private performance. They performed Odd One, Maybe, and You're Going Down.

After they perform, we are told to line up, to get autographs. We were given the yellow live and unplugged lithograph and a Tripolar poster. I get my 2 items signed, and then I whip out my manila envelope. I look at Shim and say, "I have a special request." I pull out an 8x10 pic for him to autograph. (See my avatar.) As he looks at the picture he says, "Aww look. It's us." Once everyone gets their autographs, they send us back over to get a picture with the band. Now I'm really excited because I've been wanting this pic FOREVER!

ME: (Sorry, my hubby got all creative with my pic.)

My friend, Nikki

After our pics, they tell us it's time to go. :cry: However, if we came back early, we would be let into the venue first. SWEEEET!! So my friend and I decide to take a trip to Walgreens to get my group picture developed and enlarged. We looked up the closest Walgreens on my phone and took off. WOW! This Walgreens was on Union Blvd, and you know you're in a bad part of town when Walgreens has a giant metal fence around it with a gate, and a GIANT for a security guard inside the store. We decided to go in anyway, because I HAD to get this pic!

Killing time, while waiting on the pic to be developed.

YAY!!!

We grabbed some dinner, and went back to enjoy an amazing show!! I got to meet Draya and Zach while waiting to get back into the venue. Both were SUPER nice! :hug: Once we were allowed to go inside, we of course went right for the rail. We saw Bad City, and then Alter Bridge. I tried to catch a guitar pick from Alter Bridge, but just missed it. It landed by the security guy! Good thing we made friends with him, because he picked it up and handed to us.

And then came the moment we were waiting for!! SICK PUPPIES!!!!! I credit my friend, Nikki, with all of the pictures below. My camera crapped out on me.

Look at the fog to the left of Emma. It almost looks like rock horns :rock:

I love Emma's face in this:

I LOVE THIS PIC!! We caught her smiling! I think she heard me screamin! :biggrin:

Emma Abstract

Shim Abstract

Shim scream singing. :laugh:

This is kinda cool. Taken from my iPhone, no alterations made to this photo.

Didn't get any good pics of Mark, but this is to show all of his hard work!

The show is over, and we decide to head to the meet n greet line. As we're standing there I see a familiar face.
I said, "Excuse me. Are you Paul?"
"Yes" he says.
"I recognized you from the movie, Rock Prophecies."
"I'm sorry" he says smiling.
"Hey! Can I get a picture with you?"
"Oh no! Why would you want to do that? I'm nobody."
"Yes you are! You're the Boss Man!"
He asks what I have in my hands, and I show him my two 8x10 pics. As we are looking at them, my friend gets our attention. She is holding up her camera, ready to snap a pic. Paul willingly poses for a pic with me.

Unfortunately he blinked.

While moving up in line, I got to meet Jessamy, David, and *J*. All of you were SO nice! Big hugs! :hug:

When we make it to the meet n greet table, I hand over my 8x10 pic to Mark and say, "Will you sign by you." He takes the pic and starts to sign it. "Uh oh," he says. I look down, and he started signing on Emma. :laugh: I say, jokingly of course, "MARK! Are you tryin to mess up my picture!" He puts a small "x" by where he had started to sign, and then signs it properly. I then say, "I guess I'll forgive you, and still come to your shows." :wink:

Emma then takes the pic to sign. She says, "Was this from today?" I said, "Yes we took it to a Walgreens to have it developed." She looked at me in disbelief. "You really took it to Walgreens?" "Yeah." I wish I would have told her about the scary Walgreens story!! She then tells me, "Hey, I like your jacket." And I immediately replied, "Well, I LOVE your belt!" She smiled.

Shim then takes the pic to sign it. He says, "I drew you a little smiley face, since Mark screwed up your picture." I said, "Thanks." We started to walk off, and I had to throw this at him, "I like your tie. It looks really good on you." I smiled at him, and we left.

If you look at where the 'A' in Anzai is, you can see where Mark started to sign. Just to the right of that is the 'X' he put. It got cut off in this pic.

THE END!
Thank you to those who made it all the way through my rambling experience!
Last edited by STLOUIS_FAN on 21 Dec 2010 08:45, edited 1 time in total.

May 23, 2009 VooDoo (Pointfest Eve)
September 11, 2009 T Mobile (Acoustic show)
September 11, 2009 The Pagent
December 13, 2009 Scottrade Center (Ho Ho Show)
December 13, 2010 The Pageant (Private acoustic show)
December 13, 2010 The Pageant (Ho Ho Show)
May 15, 2011 Pointfest

*J*
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: HoHo Show St Louis, MO 12-13-10

Unread postby *J* » 20 Dec 2010 11:05

What an awesome story or your fantastic evening. And those pics are amazing! I met you in the autograph line too!

dlcramer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby dlcramer » 20 Dec 2010 11:18

That was awesome! I think I remember you. I was standing at the doorway to the merch room letting people in and making sure that room didnt get to crowded.

David
Ambassador Guardian
Ambassador Guardian

Unread postby David » 20 Dec 2010 12:36

Great story, and you got some really amazing pictures. I think my favorite is the one of Shim screaming.

It was great to meet you!

I DO!!!!

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 20 Dec 2010 18:18

Nice pictures and story!

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby angelbear425 » 20 Dec 2010 20:40

Great story and nice pics! :smile:

Shim: You don't like Rage Against the Machine?
Me: I like one song.
Shim: Which one?
Me: Bulls on Parade.
Shim: F%&* off! HAHA

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 20 Dec 2010 21:10

Love your pictures! Paul is awesome, isn't he? I wish he would stp[ saying he's nobody... :ugh: :laugh:

Speedynek
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Speedynek » 21 Dec 2010 00:52

This looks like epic night! :) Glad you had an amazing time! Thanks for sharing photos and great story with us! :) Love the pics :)

Thanks to for signature!

Proud 1st Czech member and Ambassador! :D

Will I ever learn to treasure the ones I care for? Everyone leaves in the end doesn't matter how hard you hold on. Doesn't matter how much you drain your heart for.

Tinks82
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Tinks82 » 21 Dec 2010 01:42

God I'm a pretty awesome friend, aren't I!! And not a bad photographer if I may so myself :rock:

That was an awesome concert. I'm so glad STL_fan turned me on to Sick Puppies this summer and then I lucked into the tickets after a horrible night at work....Seeing how excited she got was like watching a kid on christmas morning and Santa brought all their favorite gifts to them!! :biggrin:

Tinks82
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Tinks82 » 21 Dec 2010 02:51

Here's the link to all my Sick puppies pics...I haven't looked through all of them, I know there is some blurry ones etc, but some really good ones hiding in there (like what STL fan posted). Enjoy!

STLOUIS_FAN
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby STLOUIS_FAN » 21 Dec 2010 08:42

Hey All! I'm just thankful that I had the story to share with you!
Hopefully next time I'll get a chance to get better acquainted with some of you, and officially meet the people I missed. (dlcramer, Becky, Crazzy)

dlcramer- I remember seeing you, but you seemed to be very engaged with something when I saw you. Otherwise, I totally would have said "hey" when I passed you.

Cassie- I agree, Paul is awesome! Very nice guy. One of my favorite qualities about the SP, is their humbleness. Paul is definately just as humble.

Tinks- You are the Shiznit, and I'm still forever in debt to you!!! However, I disagree with the Christmas comment. It was more like Christmas AND my birthday!! YIPPEEEEE! :crazy: :laugh:

May 15, 2011 Pointfest

hannah banana
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby hannah banana » 21 Dec 2010 13:34

love the photos and your story!!!! :)

12-13-09 . 4-23-10 . 8-13-10 . 8-14-10 . 12-13-10 . 5-15-11 . 8-20-11 . 9-28-12 . 5-12-13 . 7-17-13
http://twitter.com/hannahbowee

dlcramer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby dlcramer » 21 Dec 2010 15:01

Jessamy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Jessamy » 21 Dec 2010 22:44

these pictures are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

Sick Puppies + My Chemical Romance = :love:
08-18-08~ 05-23-09~ 07-22-09~ 09-11-09~ 12-13-10~ 04-23-10~ 05-01-10~ 07-15-10~ 08-13-10~08-14-10~12-10-10~12-13-10~04-19-11

Heather

Unread postby Heather » 21 Dec 2010 22:54

Sounds like you had an awesome time, and your pictures are great! :smile:

~Heather

08-15-08: New Orleans 08-16-08: Tupelo 04-18-09: Nashville 10-14-09: Little Rock 10-23-09: Nashville 04-22-10: Jackson 07-13-10: Memphis 08-11-10: Little Rock 09-10-10: Nashville 04-30-11: Memphis 09-20-13: Little Rock 09-27-13: Nashville 03-25-17: Clarksville

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 21 Dec 2010 23:04

all.the.same.
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby all.the.same. » 26 Apr 2011 16:06

ahhh what a great show! I think I may have passed out if I had gotten that experience.. the first time I met Sick Puppies at Pointfest last year I could hardly look at them. Shim said "hey hows it going" according to my friend but I don't even remember. I was ridiculous. Then I got a chance to redeem myself at the dec. show... so i waited in line and my heart was racing I was so excited! but i kept a cool facade this time. I got up there and gave my t-shirt (which i took off a few min. earlier because I had nothing else for them to sign :/ luckily i wore a long sleeve underneath) mark and emma were sweet and when i got to Shim he said, " did you enjoy the show" ha i said "HELL YEAH" ...apparently my "cool facade" wasn't as great as I thought because he chuckled and said "relax" proceeding to stand up and motion for a hug. ugh best moment of my life. i literally think of that hug on days that I just feel like crap. Anyways he hugged my 2 friends as I stumbled out of the building running into one of the workers. I will never forget it :) sick puppies fan for life.

KC

STLOUIS_FAN
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby STLOUIS_FAN » 27 Apr 2011 04:28

May 15, 2011 Pointfest

Return to “Fan Photos & Autographs”