Free Hugs in Montreal!!!

Have your own Free Hugs video or photos? Share them here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Sheila
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Free Hugs in Montreal!!!

Unread postby Sheila » 10 May 2008 22:02

so on Friday night...kemmy and I were walking down St. Catherine street going to meet some friends for sushi, when I saw some guy holding a free hugs sign.

He wasnt getting that many hugs, so I say to kem, "I'll do it if you do it". So she's like you go first.

I walk over to dude whos looking the other way...when he turns, I open my arms..he smiles, and we hug. It was nice. I had a smile on my face for a while after that :)

Its such a simple idea, yet it really does make a persons day. After I hugged him, I looked around and all I saw were a bunch of other people watching and smiling. Those people didnt even need a hug to smile, the idea of two random strangers hugging on a busy street was enough.

As we were walking away, I noticed a lot more people wanted to give him a hug :D

My only regret was not asking him where he got the idea to do it and if he was a sick puppies fan. We were already late meeting our friends so we left. We went back after, but he was gone :(

Becky
Founder
Founder
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Free Hugs in Montreal!!!

Unread postby Becky » 10 May 2008 22:04

That's so cool!

frodolover36
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Free Hugs in Montreal!!!

Unread postby frodolover36 » 10 May 2008 22:06

awww!!! thats awesome!!! i love free hugs!!!

The name's Nikki

"I don't consider myself a guitarist, or even a vocalist for that matter, I'm a rockstar."
~Shimon Moore

Sheila
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Free Hugs in Montreal!!!

Unread postby Sheila » 10 May 2008 22:08

it was really cool.

I have no problem with giving someone the hug, but I'm not sure if I could be the one with the sign. I would really need some liquid courage :P

frodolover36
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Free Hugs in Montreal!!!

Unread postby frodolover36 » 10 May 2008 22:10

haha. i cant wait for it!!! we're gunna give away some free hugs at pointfest on the 18th. im so stoked!!!!

The name's Nikki

"I don't consider myself a guitarist, or even a vocalist for that matter, I'm a rockstar."
~Shimon Moore

Sheila
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Free Hugs in Montreal!!!

Unread postby Sheila » 10 May 2008 22:14

you guys are gonna have some sore cheeks from smiling so much. Seriously, after every hug...this will be you :D

frodolover36
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Free Hugs in Montreal!!!

Unread postby frodolover36 » 10 May 2008 22:18

i know. i got a hug from a girl waiting in line to go into a concert a couple months ago. it practically made my night lol

The name's Nikki

~Shimon Moore

Kemmy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Free Hugs in Montreal!!!

Unread postby Kemmy » 13 May 2008 18:05

^^ that's sweet.

It was really nice, and the guy even thanked us for hugging him :)
Sheila and I live in a city where people can be pretty unfriendly and indifferent so we received some strange looks from passersby...who knows if we were his first hug of the day. But like Sheila said, seeing someone else do it gets the ball rolling. I hope he got LOTS of hugs :D

Return to “Free Hugs”