Sick Puppies CD SEARCH - Tri-Polar edition

Current Contests
Becky
Founder
Founder
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Sick Puppies CD SEARCH - Tri-Polar edition

Unread postby Becky » 15 Jul 2009 05:18

Pwneress
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Pwneress » 15 Jul 2009 11:03

Has anyone read the main review for the album on itunes? am I the only that it upsets? >={

Susanna
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Susanna » 15 Jul 2009 12:07

We just need to get some better reviews up as soon as possible.

Justine
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Justine » 15 Jul 2009 12:13

ToniB
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby ToniB » 15 Jul 2009 12:15

Oh yeah, we've seen it. Lots of people have already posted really good reviews (to hopefully counter that). I don't like it either and I really don't get all the comparisons to MCR etc.... Strange.

I should be posting mine tonight. Wanted to give it a few more listens so I could be better inspired!

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 15 Jul 2009 12:15

Are you talking about the one that compares them to MCR?

I think it's such a bias, illogical, too personal opinionated, and an overall dumb review. I think this person has something against the Pups (think it's from the same site, allmusic.com). DUAL only got a 3 which is absurd (it's at LEAST a 4); so out of curiosity I checked other album reviews on their site to compare; some made sense like Lily Allen's new one (4/5) and Kate Nash's debut (4/5) but others were so silly I couldn't help but laugh, that little girl whom I had a fling with got a 3.5/5 for her disaster of a debut album; it was delayed for years because she was apparently working on new songs and they end up throwing all the old ones with only 2 new ones and her best work/song wasn't even included (and ONLY great one, in my opinion). Completely ridiculous...
Last edited by Serge on 16 Jul 2009 22:04, edited 1 time in total.

Missy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Missy » 15 Jul 2009 17:36

I posted a review this morning (off my phone! Didn't know I could do that lol) But I think the masses speak louder than that ONE review.

As of now:
111 = 5 stars
6 = 4 stars
3 = 3 stars
2 = 2 stars
1 = 1 star

'Nuff said!

Shamrock
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Shamrock » 16 Jul 2009 00:30

Don't forget to email your PHOTO's and WRITTEN LOG of your CD Search to:

SPWC2009@gmail.com no later than 11:59 PM PST 1 October 2009 to enter this contest!

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 16 Jul 2009 07:28

Yup. I already started mine. Quick question...Would you guys prefer me to send them in as I do them or are you looking for people to send them in all at once before the deadline?

Draya

Unread postby Draya » 16 Jul 2009 07:29

I feel I need to tell someone my upsetting story. So, I told some of my friends that I would buy them the new cd the day it came out if they would put the Tri-Polar picture as their myspace default pic for a week. So, I owed about 10 people the cd! So, I was super excited that the day had finally come!! I have an hour for lunch so I thought if I rushed to the nearest mall, I could get my cd with my pre-sale card from FYE. Got there, and asked Hot Topic where it was (the mall map didn't show it) and they said there aren't any more FYE's in the area. WHAT??? I was so upset! So, I was going to buy it from Hot Topic but they didn't have it. WTH?

After work, after stopping by home to get my SP shirt, I went to the nearest Target because it's awesome they have such a great deal on the cd! I saw that they had 4 slots for Sick Puppies in the new release section...ALL EMPTY!! I checked in the regular spot for Sick Puppies...NOTHING! So, I asked and they didn't have a single copy left! Ok, I was totally excited that they already sold that many copies. I then went to K-Mart...SOLD OUT! I had to drive to the next town over. Target...sold out. K-mart...sold out! Best buy....sold out!! AAAGGHH!! I ended up driving about an hour from home to the next Target...SOLD OUT! Then I checked their Best Buy...FINALLY! I found 5 cd's!! Woo hoo! So I bought all they had and since it was already about 9:30 and I still had to drop all those cd's off, I stopped my search. I really hope they start getting in more shipments! I still have more cd's to buy!

ToniB
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby ToniB » 16 Jul 2009 08:03

WOW! That stinks that you couldn't find it and especially that you have no FYE. I hope your search for the rest goes much better!

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 16 Jul 2009 08:04

^^^ Cool that they were sold out, not so cool that you had to go to so many places!

Katy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Katy » 16 Jul 2009 09:16

I headed out to the closest mall for 10 am (as soon as they opened) to hit up the FYE. I had my SP shirt and pre-sale card in hand only to be told that they had NONE on hand - "they must not have been included in the shipment," she said. "I don't know what to tell you." she said. :angrytongue: I rudely replied, "Thanks for nothing." and walked out. Noting the rack full of Daughtry's albums that filled up all the new release shelves on my way which made me even more angry ... well, disappointed really.

We came back home for lunch and to find out where the closest next FYE was (the other lady didn't even bother to suggest if she could check other locations for me) so after I called first to ensure they had it in stock, we drove out there. Still wearing my SP gear, I get to the place and they only have TWO copies in stock - because that's all that was ordered into the store or that is all they were sent, I'm not sure but it wasn't because they were selling out of them. I hand the cashier my pre-sale card and he follows the instructions on the front but for some reason it doesn't work. He ends up having to get on the phone and eventually they just did it as a return/refund in order for it to go through. Good thing was that they had it on sale for $11.99 so I got $3.19 back for change. :)

I didn't get any pics because I had my son (2) and niece (6) in tow. It was difficult enough to keep them occupied and close-by that I didn't even think to take a photo. :(

The first FYE had two copies of DUAL, one of which came with the SP shirt with the red bleeding heart on it. The second FYE only had one copy of DUAL and it was used. So all in all, it made for an interesting start to my CD search.

CourtneyTerror
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby CourtneyTerror » 16 Jul 2009 14:06

I went to the best buy that is closest to my house and i went straight to the new release section and they had no copies of tri polar. then i went and searched and found about 5 copies on and endcap towards the bottom. then i went to the alpha section and they had a few copies there of tri polar but they had no copies of dual. I then went to targer and the very first new release endcap they had there was tri polor at the end of the two bottom rows and i went to look at their alpha section and they had no copies of any sp cd and they didnt have a sign of where it should have been. i have a few photos on my phone but its not letting them email them to myself to upload them at the moment. the search is still on thought :). i have a few walmarts and targets near me and a few more best buys to scope out.

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 16 Jul 2009 15:20

^^^ When we say "where it should have been" means a picture that shows that there is no SP in the spot where it should be alphabetically.

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby angelbear425 » 16 Jul 2009 17:00

I'm well on my way with the CD search and some stores are surprising me with the amount they have or don't have.

Katy, I would have been soo mad if I went to FYE and they didn't have it.

Missy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Missy » 16 Jul 2009 17:34

You know, it kinda sucks for the Pups that these places are getting only a limited supply in. I mean, they could be selling TONS, but because the stores weren't prepared, the Pups' sales for this first week are gonna have to suffer the consequences. It saddens me

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 16 Jul 2009 18:07

Cassandra
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cassandra » 16 Jul 2009 18:11

Return to “Contests”