Sick Puppies What Are You Looking For Video

Current Contests
Justine
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: Sick Puppies What Are You Looking For Video

Unread postby Justine » 29 Jun 2008 10:42

Great job everybody, the videos are great... They all have their particularities because you all related it with something personal, and I think the band love it...
And the fact that SP let their fans doing their clip makes me love them more and more, it means a lot i think =)

actawesome
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby actawesome » 29 Jun 2008 22:15

Anyone know when the results of who won are being posted =P.

Also...would it possible even if we don't win...to know what SP thought of our vids. :P

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby Serge » 29 Jun 2008 22:54

I hope tomorrow (Monday) is still the last day of this competition because it is slowly but surely making me lose my mind.

I haven''t been getting much sleep and I'm also running out of places to promote my video.

.....good luck to everyone btw.

Kemmy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Kemmy » 30 Jun 2008 10:25

I know what you mean, Serge. The competition has worked its way into my dreams and taken over...

Good luck to all. Everyone's done such a great job and should be proud of their videos

Samsung
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Samsung » 30 Jun 2008 11:40

actawesome

Unread postby actawesome » 30 Jun 2008 20:59

I would like to thank everyone who took the time to comment this. Even the neg ones. My team and I did a lot to get the shots. I'd like to say we really, really, REALLY hard on this.

Editing was also a grueling process.

I would like to thank each of the 15 people who sacrificed the first Saturday of their summer to help me film this video. I've probably invested about 10 hours of my time in mind. PLease admire the editing =D.

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 30 Jun 2008 21:46

Wow, you got a LOT of people to help, I'm kinda jealous since no one helped me out at all except with the editing process :(

You're lucky you have good close friends willing to help unlike me, mine all suck for the most part =/

.....anyway, I feel that after this entire week I've become slightly more insane since earlier today I found myself playing out scenes from Sweeney Todd and The Crow on my own, and I don't really know how or why.

Samsung
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Samsung » 30 Jun 2008 22:03

Congrats everyone!! The contest is officially over.

When approximately do you think we'll find out who the winner is?

Donna
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Donna » 30 Jun 2008 22:07

^^^I think we may find out tomorrow .... :smile:

I believe in nothing, not the day and not the dark. I believe in nothing but the beating of our hearts

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 30 Jun 2008 22:31

I hope so. I haven't shaved in over a week so I'm beyond scruffy.

actawesome

Unread postby actawesome » 30 Jun 2008 22:51

[quote="serge"]Wow, you got a LOT of people to help, I'm kinda jealous since no one helped me out at all except with the editing process :(

You're lucky you have good close friends willing to help unlike me, mine all suck for the most part =/

.....anyway, I feel that after this entire week I've become slightly more insane since earlier today I found myself playing out scenes from Sweeney Todd and The Crow on my own, and I don't really know how or why.[/quote]
Yeah, I literally posted a myspace bulletin "SHOOTING A VIDEO NEED HELP" for like a month straight.

Then 30 people said they'd come, only 15 showed up. At first it took like 3 hours to get the first shot.

THEN the main character showed up.

The main girl never showed up but one of my other friends (the girl in my vid) was helpful enough. It was kinda awkward for the main girl and guy to do the video, since they were actually going out more than a year and a half ago.

So a lot of shots didn't work.

But after all the pain in 108 degree's we had all the shots! It took about 6 hours, and my parents were a big help aswell! We all went swimming afterwards. Honestly I think it was one of the hardest, but coolest days of the year.

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 30 Jun 2008 23:47

Aw man I feel ya about the weather. On the 3 days that I shot the weather suddenly turned hellish and all the days were 110+

.....the biggest bummer though was when I took a long trip to shoot for half the day and the strong breeze totally ruined some of the original scenes I had in mind and it didn't help that the camera I borrowed died out on me. =[

Well, at least we got it done and tried. Good luck<3

logan

Unread postby logan » 01 Jul 2008 04:59

Thats what video editing and filming is all about. You have to roll with the punches and make whats best of what you've got. I had limited footage to work with on mine. When I was editing parts of it...I was almost done (atleast I thought) and then realized their was a huge gap. It is very frustrating...

-Logan
Last edited by logan on 01 Jul 2008 12:52, edited 1 time in total.

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 01 Jul 2008 09:16

Ugh, to think I actually AM pursuing a career in this. (Directing/Screenwriting)

o.O

Kemmy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Kemmy » 01 Jul 2008 10:00

^^ I know what you mean, you really do have to roll with the punches. 15 minutes into filming, the rain started to pour and didn't stop for much of the filming. It was annoying because there were a bunch of places we wanted to use but they no longer made sense with the rain and ended up having to sacrifice some places for others.

Editing is crazy... I'm no longer able to look at music videos (and even television shows) the same way anymore. So much goes into it like the different angles, lighting and everything else. After thinking the editing was done, we realized that quite a few things had to be changed. Editing was fun and frustrating at the same time. Everything considered, making a video was a pretty cool experience.

Actawsome: it's amazing that you had so much support for your video :)

Susanna
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Susanna » 01 Jul 2008 15:28

I just got a text message from Sick Puppies camp and they will announce the winner TOMORROW. They're having an insanely busy day today on the road doing a big festival date. So just know that the "on or about" part of the rules will be held up, it just won't be "ON" 1 July. ;)

Justine
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Justine » 01 Jul 2008 15:31

Ooohooh ! Everybody, GET READY ! =D And Good Luck :)

Donna
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Donna » 01 Jul 2008 16:00

great news Susanna -- exciting !!!!

I believe in nothing, not the day and not the dark. I believe in nothing but the beating of our hearts

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 01 Jul 2008 16:03

I think my heart just skipped a few beats o.o

Kemmy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Kemmy » 01 Jul 2008 16:08

Scary! Good luck everyone!

Return to “Contests”