Sick Puppies What Are You Looking For Video

Current Contests
bobrien
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: Sick Puppies What Are You Looking For Video

Unread postby bobrien » 25 Jun 2008 17:58

Its been hard to stay tough after the confusing judging rules but I am happy with my video and I think and know that I worked my butt off on it and just about made myself sick just trying to get it done. In fact, at first I wasnt sure of my video at all but the more I watch it, the more I love it :D I just hope Puppies love it too! Lots of sweat and tears went into it.

actawesome
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby actawesome » 25 Jun 2008 18:02

logan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby logan » 25 Jun 2008 18:04

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby angelbear425 » 25 Jun 2008 18:35

Love all the videos I have seen. Unfortunately, I was unable to enter the contest for a variety of reasons.. I keep watching my fav video and I whoever wins definitely deserves it!! Goodluck to all!

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 25 Jun 2008 18:49

It looks like it stopped, so that's good news.

actawesome

Unread postby actawesome » 25 Jun 2008 20:43

Maaan. Soooo many of the comments from all the videos the users just like signed up today O_O Wow.

That's cool SP videos are making people create accounts =D.

bobrien
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby bobrien » 26 Jun 2008 09:16

you guys have to remember that the contest was open to ALLSick Puppies fans and the viewing is open to ALL Sick Puppies fans, so dont assume that the dirt slinging is coming from someone in the world crew just cuz most of the videos were submitted from here....unless you know that it is someone here.

Some of our views and votes are coming from Sick Puppies fans that are not a part of the SPWC but are friends on their myspace and have recieved the bulletins from Pups to go look and view the videos. So...just wanted to make sure you all remember that!

actawesome

Unread postby actawesome » 26 Jun 2008 09:20

Oh wow. Now I'm a HUUUGE victim of negative comments.
Last edited by Becky on 26 Jun 2008 09:47, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited for content. If you want people to see what's said, please post a link instead. Thanks

Donna
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Donna » 26 Jun 2008 10:24

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I really don't believe anyone from the crew would post any negative comments - that just doesn't sound like something anyone on here would do. We also have to remember that there are people out there who will post negative comments just to get a rise out of people so it's much better to just ignore them and not pay any attention. Everyone did a fabulous job so be proud of your videos :smile:

I believe in nothing, not the day and not the dark. I believe in nothing but the beating of our hearts

bobrien
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby bobrien » 26 Jun 2008 10:28

I am going to agree 100% on this one. For all we know, its outside SPWC Puppies fans but there really isnt any way of knowing that. Better to ignore! Ive learned that the hard way on my last Puppies project from Capitol.

Kemmy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Kemmy » 26 Jun 2008 10:38

actawesome

Unread postby actawesome » 26 Jun 2008 10:39

Negative comments are coming in by the second! But no I don't think that its the crew.

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 26 Jun 2008 10:44

I think we as the creators/directors of our videos should leave a comment anywhere to stop the influence/promotion of negative comments against videos they don't like, as I have already done. I noticed on 2 of the negative comments I received from 2 people went and posted a highly positive comment of just one other video, their obvious favorite. It seems like their aim is clear, but we can help, and possibly put a stop to it by doing the aforementioned of leaving a comment ourselves.

I know in the real world there's freedom of speech and it's expected, but let's try to set a good example and make that change in our SPWC world.<3

yonasmichael

Unread postby yonasmichael » 26 Jun 2008 12:00

I, for one, am losing hope and am going literally insane over this video count. I've joined and posted on forums, posted links on all of my friends' Facebook walls, sent mass e-mails to all of my friends, made blog postings, etc, etc, but my ranking is going down by the day.
My video's been knocked from the middle to the bottom two most viewed ... as far as that side goes, I've done all I can. I hope the band sees something special in mine that obviously nobody else is seeing :(

GOSH, they won't end!!!!

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby angelbear425 » 26 Jun 2008 13:17

Yes, I totally agree with Donna. Ignore the negativity. I highly doubt anyone here would post anything negative because this contest was to promote the band that we all know and love. I think that everyone did a fantastic job and all 8 video creators should be very proud!!

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 26 Jun 2008 15:22

There is no reason to obsess over negative comments. If you don't want to get them, then disable comments for your video. If whoever is doing this happens to be browsing/lurking this forum, you're just adding fuel to their fire. Yes, it's immature and cruel, but letting them know it bothers you will do absolutely nothing to stop it, it will only make it worse. If there are any more posts about this, they won't be approved. Just know that you did the best you could with your video, and what happens will happen. The negative comments will NOT affect the outcome of the contest. It's pretty obvious when someone is commenting on videos just to be malicious, the band and management can tell just like all of us can.

Kemmy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Kemmy » 26 Jun 2008 15:51

I like that the videos aren't similar to one another - one song sparked so many different ideas. Great job, guys!

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 26 Jun 2008 17:21

I think comments should be disabled already because some of them are getting pretty vicious and we should stop them now before it gets even worse. Some of them are starting to come from random people who just come across them and are bored, but for others I still have my doubts...

Sheila
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Sheila » 26 Jun 2008 17:30

I for one hope its no one from the crew.

to everyone who made a video: pay no attention to those comments. They mean nothing. You know how much work you put into it, you know how stressful it was, YOU know that YOUR video is good.

these comments are coming from people you've never met and never will meet. who really cares what they say?

Like Becky said.... the more you write about it here, the more they will see you're upset, the more they'll post just to piss you off.

good luck to all

Shamrock
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Shamrock » 27 Jun 2008 02:34

I wouldn't worry about what was said in the SP Myspace Blog about the most views winning, when it comes down to it the band and management will make the final decision like it states in the Official rules for the contest. The point of the contest is to help promote SP and get as many views as possible as a whole with the help of your 8 videos. It's another step closer to DOMINATING THE WORLD, one fan at a time ;) Just think, how cool is it that Sick Puppies is allowing their fans to create the music video for their song!? That alone has got to catch someone's attention.

WAYLF has always been one of my favorite songs on the album, and it has such a strong meaning that everyone can relate to in some way. I watched every single submission and found it very enlightening to see how many differents ways it was interpreted and I believe you all had great ideas. Each and every one of you did the best you can with the time you had to do it, and it's not an easy task! It doesn't matter if you didn't have a high quality video camera, or if it wasn't perfect to the fine detail, because you know what? We aren't professional music video directors, with film crews and editing teams in order to spin it off in 2 days. :P We are however, the most AMAZING WORLD CREW EVER and the Sick Puppies are lucky to have us as fans ;)

Return to “Contests”