WIN A PAIR OF TWEAK "THE PUPS" SHOES!!

Current Contests
Cody Lee
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: WIN A PAIR OF TWEAK "THE PUPS" SHOES!!

Unread postby Cody Lee » 01 Aug 2011 01:45

Edit: BTW this post wasn't meant to mock any post or anything. I just saw the a post with this format and used it like this cause I'm a big movie buff, sorry if it came off as rude or anything :)

This entry is really more of a joke, my serious entry is down the page a little!

These are the shoes I wore on my way to Mt. Doom to destroy the one ring.
These are the shoes I wore when we destroyed the Death Star.
These are the shoes I wore in the battle for Hogwarts.
These are the shoes I wore when the Decepticons invaded Earth.
These are the shoes I wore when I sailed on the Black Pearl.
These are the shoes I wore on my tour of Pandora.
These are the shoes I wore when Morpheus recruited me.
These are the shoes I wore when the Joker took over Gotham.
These are the shoes I wore when I was at...well the first rule is I can't talk about it.

These are the shoes I don't want to EVER WEAR AGAIN!

P.S. These are the shoes I wore when I walked out of that awful Twilight Movie!
Last edited by Cody Lee on 09 Aug 2011 23:27, edited 4 times in total.

"An idea is like a virus, resilient, highly contagious. The smallest seed of an idea can grow. It can grow to define, or destroy you."
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
Formerly known as Cakerz

Blaqk_Ice
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby Blaqk_Ice » 02 Aug 2011 08:29

These are the shoes that have lasted me all throughout the horrors of middle school. I named them Phillip and Ben, for no particular reason. People have taken notice to the wear and tear, they pretty much think I never lift up my heel when I walk, hence the holes. Every time I step in a moist area, my foot gets soaked. I've changed the laces about a dozen times, and these are almost over with as well. These shoes have seen it all, and they would like to rest in peace, haha. I'd be enthralled to start high school wearing new, bad ass shoes, and they would seriously last longer, I just know it!

summertime<3
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby summertime<3 » 02 Aug 2011 14:36

These are the shoes I bought to replace the same pair that had been previously signed by Sick Puppies. (I haven't wore them a day since they've been signed).

These shoes have been worn to countless concerts: Sick Puppies (x 3), My Darkest Days, Shinedown, Adelitas Way, "The band that shall not be named", Hinder, Default, Buckcherry, Breaking Benjamin..

These shoes are what I wear every single day at work.

I wore these shoes a few weeks ago at a "The band that shall not be named" concert, and they are covered with mud and soaked all the way through. Needless to say, they smell. Really bad.

..and i'm drowning in the ashes; kicking, screaming. <3
Dubuque, IA ~ 7/26/2008
Milwaukee, WI ~ 5/21/2010
Peoria, IL ~ 12/10/2010
Waterloo, IA ~ 3/4/2011 <3
Rockford, IL ~ 5/14/2011

Platteville, WI ~ 9/5/2011

chandra
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby chandra » 03 Aug 2011 12:27

Why I need a replacement for my favorite shoes:

- Because my mom says so.
- Because they've got a hole in both heels.
- Because even when I thought of putting band-aids over the holes, I still wasn't allowed to wear them anymore.
- Because they've been walked through sand, snow, rocks, and ankle-deep mud.
- Because they've been soaked by lakes, creeks, rivers, and tide pools, and by the ocean and the Oregon rain.
- Because they've been hiked in to the tops of waterfalls.
- Because the left toe was burned by fireworks.
- Because they were just washed and this is way cleaner than they've looked in a long time.
- Because for four years I wore them everywhere, even to a wedding.
- Because when I look at these shoes, I don't just see an old pair of sandals. I see the path they've carried me down and all the memories along the way. But since it's time for them to retire, I'd love to bring The Pups along with me on whatever adventures the future holds.

Feel free to come hang out with me on the book of faces: http://www.facebook.com/chandra.sylvio

Juliesnaps
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Juliesnaps » 03 Aug 2011 16:29

These, these are my work shoes. These are the shoes that I stand in for 8+ hour shifts with no break. They're there from the first “Hi! How can I help you?” to the last “Thank you have a good day!” They are on my feet, for gas spills at the pumps, soda spills at the soda fountain, accidents in the bathroom. All those things I never want to do again after college. These are the shoes putting me through college. These are the shoes that pay my rent, food, and all those other things. There's a lot riding on these shoes. A new pair of kicks that would not be worn at work would be much appreciated :)

supersoccerstar08
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby supersoccerstar08 » 04 Aug 2011 22:57

I am not going to put a picture of my shoes on here. honestly. they could blind you. i think it be cool to win a pair. but i wouldnt die w/o them wait... well i might idk.

I am AUSOME!!!

Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Dana » 05 Aug 2011 13:43

I absolutely hate feet and this thread is giving me the heebee jeebies :tongue:

#2017ForDavid :sp:

i_wont_justify
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby i_wont_justify » 06 Aug 2011 16:58

"if you cant beat em, might as well eat em, no ones getting out alive"

May 22, 2010 (Noblesville, IN)
July 14, 2010 (Wabash, IN)
May 21, 2011 (Columbus, OH)
August 20, 2011 (Fort Wayne, IN)

Cody Lee
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cody Lee » 06 Aug 2011 23:39

So my original post was more of just a joking kind of thing but figured I should do a real submission.

There's a reason my shoes are all torn up. I've been behind on money for quite a bit (who isn't?). I've spent the last 2 years constantly repairing my car, which finally despite all that crapped out on me in January. Knowing I needed money I got a 2nd job. You gotta do what you gotta do so I walked back and forth to both jobs every day. This was particularly fun when that record setting icestorm came through and it was below 10 degrees every day. I still walked despite my friends/family telling me not to because I had to work. I did my fair share of walking through snow, slipping, and stepping through thin ice into freezing water. My shoes were already torn up before but this pretty much did them in. I've had them for about 2 years now and could really use a new pair. I'm a pretty positive person and always tell myself "it gets better" and "it could always be worse". I still have 2 jobs at the moment, I'm still extremely behind on money, but I have new vehicle, a place of my own, and things are looking up. Don't feel sorry for me, I'm still here. I wait tables in the morning and work at a video store at night, and always being on my feet sucks. But always being on my feet in these shoes would make it suck a little less. To anyone else going through hard times, just keep at it.

"An idea is like a virus, resilient, highly contagious. The smallest seed of an idea can grow. It can grow to define, or destroy you."
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
Formerly known as Cakerz

bobrien
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby bobrien » 10 Aug 2011 08:34

I am in desperate need of some new kicks! You see, mine are from 1982 & are 29 years outdated! :wink: Most people cant believe they have survived this long. These shoes taught me how to walk but as you can see I have greatly outgrown them. I managed to use & abuse these shoes-even having to have an insole re-sewn. Not to mention they are not stylin AT ALL! They were white but now they are brown & yellow. They have no cool color(s) or design(s). There is nothing stylish about them! I cant even find my laces. My mom attempted to wash them one time too many & now the insides are curling from being wet & the tongues are all wacky. As if the shoes werent bad enough...as a girl I am the ODD ONE & have BIG feet ( & people poke fun :cry: :cry: ) which I try to hide w/a cool pair of shoes but these arent doing it. These shoes are sick & ready to be retired. I am in need of a new & updated stylin' pair of shoes to carry me forward in life & fit/hide my BIG feet b/c the shoes will get the attention & not my feet. :biggrin: These Sick Puppies Tweak shoes would certainly be a welcomed fit!

**apologies for the feet pics lol :laugh: **

Burried4U
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Burried4U » 13 Aug 2011 20:03

I was wandering through the woods to get pictures for my nature blog when I came across a large rundown silo. It made me feel uneasy, but I heard a small rustle from the inside. Thinking it was a small animal I went over and got a quick picture through the rusted door. I looked at the picture, but the silo was empty. Getting dark now, I thought it best that I went home, but first I decided to take one last picture. I looked at the picture and noticed a tall faceless man in the picture. I was feeling weary of the situation and decided to leave as fast as I could. But as I began to turn the man was right behind me. Tentacles sprouted from his back and he tried to grab me, but I was too quick. Running as fast as I could in the direction of my home, what seemed like a vine tripped me. as I looked down I realized that it was a tentacle and it had pulled off one of my flip flops. I pulled my leg free from his grip and grabbed my shoe back. they were now very mangled and damaged, but they were the only shoes that I had. So I kept running until my legs were sore, but I pushed myself even further. I cramped up and I fell to the ground, my wallet fell from my pocket as a tentacle pulled me across the rocky ground. Another tentacle then grabbed my wallet and took $20. He spoke with a low, harsh, raspy voice and said, "next time, twenty dollars won't be enough to save you." He then vanished. My shoes are too worn to be used anymore, and I need to keep running but I have no shoes.

hamjen
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby hamjen » 13 Aug 2011 21:15

Alright guys, my daughter Mariah (aka ambassamini) wanted to submit an entry for these shoes...since she is one year under the forum rules to have an account (she is 12) so Susanna agreed I should post her entry: here it is!

Now, I assume you are looking at this picture, thinking, “Why would she need new shoes? They look perfectly new to me!” And, you aren’t completely wrong. You see, I have flat feet. TONS upon TONS of people have flat feet. My feet are extreme. I went through a couple years of pain in my knees and feet that ached like a 90 year old with arthritis.....I was 10. When we didn’t know what it was, I was ran to after hours clinics many times, because the pain would be so bad by the end of the day. I finally found out what it was, thanks to a great doctor.

Now, I have to wear tennis shoes ALL OF THE TIME. and rarely anything else. I can only wear sandals for about an hour or I have problems. But the arch support in my tennis shoes wears out so fast; that I have to buy new shoes ALL THE TIME. And my family has a hard time affording that. But, I know that there are special insoles you can wear too, and I have them, but they wear out as fast as the shoes do, plus the good ones are really expensive! I love going to Sick Puppies shows and helping my mom out, she is an ambassador. I think it’s cool that I got the unofficial title of ambassamini…I like to do the email list for the Pups and help out any way I can! How cool it would be to have a pair of TWEAK Sick Puppies shoes to keep my feet happy and promote the best band in the world at the same time!!!!!

Thanks for reading my entry.

Return to “Contests”