Current Contests
Susanna
Founder
Founder

WIN A PAIR OF TWEAK "THE PUPS" SHOES!!

Unread postby Susanna » 11 Jul 2011 19:37

Do you love Sick Puppies?
Do you love awesome kicks?
Do you know what it's like to walk a mile in someone's shoes?

Take a photo of a pair of YOUR shoes you've walked a mile in. In 300 words (or less) tell us why you need a new pair. Your story can be funny, serious, truthful or off the wall. We'll pick one person to get a FREE pair of The Pups from Sick Puppies and TWEAK!

Post YOUR story and photo here and we'll vote on/about 15 August 2011 from all submissions we receive by midnight PST 14 August 2011.

NOTE: Each pair of shoes is custom made and it can take up to 10 weeks to receive them after your order/win. Thanks!

"The Fine Print" - Open to all World Crew members globally over the age of 13. Parents may enter for their children under 13 but the entrant must be over 13 due to COPPA laws of Internet use.

RobDrinksMilk
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: WIN A PAIR OF TWEAK "THE PUPS" SHOES!!

Unread postby RobDrinksMilk » 12 Jul 2011 10:34

These are the shoes I treated myself to when I really shouldn't have.
These are the shoes that I was homeless in.
These are the shoes I recieved my Emergency Medical Technician cerification in.
These are the shoes I got myself a job in, so that I no longer had to live on the street.
These are the shoes that protected me from all the miles I walked to and from that job.
These are the shoes I wore to my grandfathers funeral.
These are the shoes I painted my first mural in.
These are the shoes I wore when I got a ticket for blowing a makeshift horn late at night on Halloween in my local park.
These are the shoes I danced in at events, when I finally felt comfortable dancing around many people.
These are the shoes I wore all those nights when I went outside looking up at the sky for something more.
These were no longer just a pair of high top Nike's, they became MY shoes.
I have done many things in these shoes that have brought joy and sadness to my life, but it's time to let them go.
I'd like to continue my journey of life in the Sick Puppies shoes designed by Tweak footwear.
Thank you for your time for reviewing my contest entry.

josiep
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby josiep » 12 Jul 2011 11:05

awesome entry! bravo!

no change,no change

HayleyJ1609
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby HayleyJ1609 » 12 Jul 2011 11:12

I've had these shoes since high school. I'm 21 now and there is more memories in those soles then I can recount.

My first day of high school. My first kiss. Prom. Breakups. New loves and romances. College. Engagement.

These shoes have gone miles and hopefully Pups can come too.

RenzoN
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby RenzoN » 12 Jul 2011 11:56

i bought these shoes cause they called it "NIKE RENZO" :biggrin:

these shoes really helpt me out, i was in the big town somewhere around here, having a nice time with some friends and some drinks. So there where 2 guy's that should drive me home, but we got an car accident. they where a little bit strange, so i had to get away from them. And i walked for about 6 miles untill i was finally home. luckely i was injured a little, only some scraches. when i got home i was thirsty and it was 7am, walked for about 2 hours. I was sitting behind my computer and did some votes for the fuse poll that we WON :D And i needed to tell my story, i got luck again that Tammy was there for me (thank you Tammy) i got to bed about 9am.. and 5 hours later, voting again :biggrin:

04/09/11 Amsterdam - 06/17/11 Haarlem - 06/21/11 Dortmund - 06/22/11 Eindhoven - 09/07/13 Eugene - 09/09/13 San Francisco - 09/11/13 West Hollywood - 09/12/13 Anaheim - 09/13/13 Las Vegas - 04/18/14 Amsterdam - 04/19/14 Paris - 04/21/14 Birmingham - 04/22/14 Manchester - 04/24/14 London

Johnathan
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Johnathan » 12 Jul 2011 12:58

These are the shoes that took me from one side of the country to the other.
These are the shoes that took me back for my best friend's funeral.
These are the shoes that carried me through my depression day after day.
These are the shoes that eventually saved my life.
These are the shoes that carried me out of my downward spiral.
These are the shoes that carried me to my first concert.
These are the shoes that I was wearing when I met my girlfriend.
These are the shoes that the soles fell out of two weeks ago.
These are the shoes that have done more for me then most people.
So many memories in such a simple thing.

Shows So Far
Charlotte NC July 27 Amos' Southend
Charlotte NC December 1st Amos' Southend

fahimk

Unread postby fahimk » 13 Jul 2011 14:01

<< My Shoess

These shoes not only stayed with me for a very long time, but they also traveled across the world. :D

Back in Middle East. I bought these shoes for my Grade 12 Graduation. Then i went to India for College, and these shoes were USED! Through dust, mud, India's pollution, which i must say is, TERRIBLE! Rough times....literally! Meetings, presentations, parties. Everything. Then, I came to Canada to continue my studies, and still these shoes supported me! all throughout the rest of my college, College Grad, and then, finally, when i had my first Job Interview, these shoes gave up. Finally, they could no more handle it, and alas, I, was shoeless. *tears*

I still keep them, treasured, memories. Ah, Good ol'days.

And since I've heard of Sick Puppies, and that the shoes have come out. I would love to take them on a journey. :D!

The End.

Actually, its only the beginning. ;)

Rene
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Rene » 14 Jul 2011 09:34

In these shoes I met my current girlfriend, lost my wife through divorce, lost my house, my ex turned my kids against me so lost my kids, but time to loose these "Issues", "maybe it's time to change?", walking in these shoes I used "too many words" and my life was "pitiful" But fortunatly I don't have to see her "asshole father" ever again! " This "war" must come to an end and eventually "one of us is going down!" Hopefully my new girlfriend is "in it for life!", she told me "don't walk away" from your kids, love will "survive"!

So how great would it be? walking into my new life, chin up and new Sick Puppies shoes on my feet!

HeatherMarie21

Unread postby HeatherMarie21 » 14 Jul 2011 16:51

My isn't called a shoe. Shoe name is rainbow. Rainbow and I have been together since I was 16years old & now I'm 21. Rainbow and I have seen the world through plane coming from England to the USA. Rainbow went through one beating that I would never allowed my shoe's to get a beating like that. It all happen this past weekend when I went to in Chesaning, MI. The follow bands were Finding Clyde, Egypt Central, Pop Evil & Sick Puppies (7-12-11). My guy friends (Matt & Tony from Pop Evil) thought it was sweet to get me wasted and beat the crap out of Rainbow. Rainbow been with me to my move here in the states, My 1st job, My 1st kiss, My 1st true only love who I'm still with. My friends knew that Rainbow means everything to me and now they did this.. I'm heart-broken and now laid Rainbow to rest today. Now looking for another pair to love and cherish. Would LOVE to have sweet pair of Sick Puppies shoes.

HWcollector

Unread postby HWcollector » 15 Jul 2011 09:17

Mine aren't abused, but definitely worn, and not stylish by any means. The day the Pups came out I told my wife I WANT THEM NOW! Though we can't afford them at this time. The shoes I'm wearing right now are New Balance tennies over 5 years old. I hate spending money on shoes more than any other needed item!!

dancingcows2642

Unread postby dancingcows2642 » 15 Jul 2011 14:35

I've had these shoes for 4 years now, and when I first got them, the rubber on the bottom was bright white. Last summer was my first time out of state, (I live in Florida) and whenever we passed through a different state, i got out of the car just so I could say my shoes had touched ground in 9 different states.. (Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Ohio) I wear them everywhere and it's heartbreaking to think that they won't last much longer. They've been my security blanket.. my parents are divorced and my dad recently lost his job. My mom is a teacher. We aren't in a great money situation right now, and the economy is so bad so new shoes can't be a priority. I've had to duct tape them a few times, but even the duct tape has come off. I also have worn them each time I've seen you guys in concert: All 3 Next Big Thing performances in Tampa, FL, and recently at the free Backyard BBQ in St. Pete, FL. They've been through piles of mud, huge puddles, 2 hurricanes, a tornado, and have been stepped on by lots of people in the mosh pit <3 They're my inspiration every time I look at them because I used to write all over everything.. including my shoes. When I first saw your Free Hugs video featuring All The Same, I went and wrote down "I don't mind, I don't care, as long as you're here" on them. They're ME and that's what I love about them.. I've been made fun of because they are "knockoff" converse and on my first day of high school last year everyone had brand new sparkling white shoes and i still had my loveable old ones. I've walked so many miles in these shoes, and as much as it kills me, I REALLY need knew ones. Hopefully some Pups <3

neonmodern
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby neonmodern » 15 Jul 2011 18:25

After my 1st Sick Puppies concert:

(Copy and paste into address bar)
-or-
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... =1&theater

After my 3rd Sick Puppies concert:

C:\Users\VanillaWafer\Desktop\5 small.jpg
-or-
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... =1&theater

Oil Spill Canvas Converse, 30 bucks, at Marshalls. These were everyday shoes at high school that soon became my all-out-rock-concert-going shoes, and now, in college, one of my greatest stories. It was after the first show that I waited in line to say that I had one of the best times of my life. No money at the end of the day, I took off my shoes and you guys signed 'em for me.
They make me grateful for what I have, and make me proud for who I am. The shoes didn't start a collection as much as it marked my lifestyle. I want to keep these shoes forever, and I know they're not going to be around for every show. I still want to shine out a rock core, so I'd love to have The Pups help me keep the feeling alive.

KillerHeelsUK

Unread postby KillerHeelsUK » 17 Jul 2011 10:03

So you try walking a mile in these babies! When you're thrown out of a club at 3am and there is no transport, you have to! I could do with some flatties for the next time please!

At the age of 13 I was called "Killer Heels" by a guy I'd met - and the name stuck! I guess I just love shoes, boots, flats and heels. You must also remember the old saying: Give a girl a new pair of shoes, and she can conquer the world!

That's me!

I firmly believe that a Pup is for life - not just for Christmas - so these darlings would be lovingly looked after, brushed regularly and kept in their own box. No sick puppies here......ever!

So that's why these puppies should make the transatlantic trip to join me here in the UK. Not just one mile - 6,000!

And whilst were about it -- how about Sick Puppies coming over to gig here too? You could even bring them over yourselves for me!

Rock on!

KH xx

i_wont_justify
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby i_wont_justify » 18 Jul 2011 23:46

im wearing them!

When i found these shoes in a unique little thrift store next to a head shop, i was sold. Lovingly called my "frankenstien boots" i wear these babies whenever i get the chance. i am not goth, or emo, or any other label you could associate with these shoes; i just love to have fun.
growing up with red hair and freckles in a ghetto area, i wasnt exactly...outspoken.
nevertheless! i have worn my frankie boots to several concerts, and the height i achieve with them makes shows all the better! all together my height is increased by 6.5 inches when I wear the boots(and they are actually very comfortable!). ive worn these monsters to resturants, to my highschool homecoming, the grocery, and even to prom. my 6 ft 2in boyfriend loves them because he never has to lean down to kiss me :love:
in these shoes i have broken out of a shy demeanor into one who does not care about the odd glances given just by looking at my feet. my motto, as given to me by the sick puppies, is "i wont justify the way i live my life" which is printed around the bottom edge of those spectacular TWEAK shoes. to wear those words with me would be an honor in itself. every step as a reminder of how much ive grown, and its all thanks to my shoes. :smile: with the sick puppies shoes i would be unstoppable. With my new found confidence, and unfailing allegiance to the pups, the world better watch out; theres a new ginger in town.
:evillaugh:

"if you cant beat em, might as well eat em, no ones getting out alive"

May 22, 2010 (Noblesville, IN)
July 14, 2010 (Wabash, IN)
May 21, 2011 (Columbus, OH)
August 20, 2011 (Fort Wayne, IN)

FreeHugs21
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby FreeHugs21 » 20 Jul 2011 13:43

These shoes have taken me all over including to see Sick Puppies in concert! They are the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned except now they're all worn out so I need a new pair. I would love to own a pair of Tweak "The Pups' shoes!

ValentinThirteen
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby ValentinThirteen » 21 Jul 2011 15:28

I've just had the same pair of converse for years and they've finally started to fall apart. I was gonna buy a new pair of shoes then I was told that this year for school (my LAST year -_-) I have to buy an almosst $90 pair of (ugly) shoes to meet the dress code. :wall:
I now cannot afford new shoes for myself.
The end.

"I wish that things were still the way they used to be... but only for a day just so I could say that I remember you."

RN2011
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby RN2011 » 22 Jul 2011 21:50

This are the shoes I wore the entire way through RN school and thru 2 CNA jobs.
These shoes have been puked on by more drunks at 3am in the ER than I care to think about.
I wore these shoes when I started my first IV.
I wore these shoes for more Code Blue's then I would have liked to have been present for.
I wore these shoes for the delivery of 3 patient's babies.
I wore these shoes to my RN pinning where I received my Nightingale Award (top of my class).
These shoes were worn when I landed my current job.
I wore these shoes both times I saw the Sick Puppies. I'd really like to retire these pitiful shoes for a new pair of Pups shoes!

bmpeffer
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby bmpeffer » 26 Jul 2011 16:10

My feet carry me wherever I go,
I walk, I run,
I go to Sick Puppies shows.

They take me home,
They take me to work,
Or where my family wants to roam.

I visit friends,
I visit family,
I try to help them whenever I can.

My feet like to jam,
My feet like to ROCK!
So I, too, play in a Rock-n-Roll band.

These shoes are quite sad,
My feet are not happy,
And by wearing new "Pups", they'd smile again!
:wink:

AubreyQ

Unread postby AubreyQ » 27 Jul 2011 16:36

Okay, so here is the story of these ratty old shoes here....
Picked em up at Shoe Carnival like three and a half years ago as my new "school shoes." Well they my favorite shoes of all time.... These shoes took me on some good trips!!! Like to the 97x next big thing concert, where I got to see the most awesome band in the world!!! SICK PUPPIES! Well I kept onna wearing em, to school, on walks with my boyfriend, to the mall, even on dreary, smoltering walks from school. And finally, May 29, 2011 came along, (Sick Puppies concert, Orlando, FL House of Blues!) Went there dressed in black and red with my Sick Puppies Tri-Polar T-shirt on, wearing these shoes, holding on to a painting I painted of Shim!!! Thought these shoes were lucky and I would be able to give him this painting. But no such luck. I guess it is time to retire these bad boys. AND GET ME SOME NEW ONES!!!
And I hope I will be able to hand deliver this painting to Shim.....
:crazy:

Aubrey Quinn

SAMMUS
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby SAMMUS » 29 Jul 2011 11:10

I've walked 2 miles literally to see a man about some fish.
Science camp is where, and the walk I did not wish.
I've won a battle, but lost a war.
Over something not even worth fighting for.
I've been in a fight and come out alive.
Getting back to better was my only strive.
Now I have scars that would tell my story.
And yes, it's somewhat sad and gory.
No longer can I walk a mile, my leg cannot take me.
But I still have dreams and ambitions that I can see.
They may not all come true but I won't stop trying.
Because nothing worth having comes easy and nothings worth dying.
Enjoy your life while you have the chance.
Before you know it, it's gone in a glance.
A silly little poem that started out sounding like Dr Suess.
Is now ending... because I have to go walk my dog Bruce...
Okay, my dog's name is Lukka, actually.
But nothing rhymes with Suess... moose, loose, caboose? ...sorry this poem ended so poorly. :S

Return to “Contests”