Hello there

Tell us who you are & why you love the Sick Puppies!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
dest
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Hello there

Unread postby dest » 13 Apr 2008 14:07

Hola, I am Mindy from Louisville Kentucky... One of the worlds tallest kids and I believe that life should come with it's own sound track. :)

Ummm... lets see.

Well a long time ago (it feels like a long time ago anyway) I was sitting at my puter watching the "free hugs" video. It was a great story, the song really caught my attention though. I looked every where and couldn't find who it was by and I believe by a random google search I found myself face to face with "All the same - Sick Puppies" lyrics.

I absolutely fell in love with the music but I believe that was before you really started running around the US. Mainly because I couldn't find it anywhere. I was one really sad chick...

One day, probably close to a year later or more, I'm sitting at work and this lady that was working with me says, "that bus must be broken down or something, it's been over there for a while now."
Me, being nosey, peeked out the door and caught the word "puppies' on the side of the bus that was parked accross the road....

"No way" I say with a little squint in my eye.
I walked outside to get a better look because there were trees or something in the way... I get into a clearing and low and behold, I see the banner, reading "Sick Puppies."

I am a 28 year old woman, doing the snoopy dance in the middle of the bank that I worked in when I realized you all were playing a gig at Hard Rock Cafe in Louisville Ky.

I would have never known if I hadn't seen that bus. It was great!!
The show was rockin, of course. After the show everyone sat around and talked for a while, it really was just brilliant and relaxed.

I have mad respect for you all. You work hard and bring great listening pleasures to your fans. It really was great meeting you and I'm happy to be here in the forum.

Also had a chance to catch you at Headliners/Louisville with the Flyleaf and at LRS Fest/Louisville.

Anyway, Thanks for the music! Thanks for the effort! Look foward to seeing you again.
Last edited by dest on 13 Apr 2008 14:32, edited 1 time in total.

SweetPandemonium
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Hello there

Unread postby SweetPandemonium » 13 Apr 2008 14:35

Hi Mindy!! Welcome to the board :)

\m/Mandy\m/

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for."

Samsung
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Hello there

Unread postby Samsung » 13 Apr 2008 14:40

Welcome to the board Mindy. :)

My avatar is always watching.

Donna
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Hello there

Unread postby Donna » 13 Apr 2008 17:24

Welcome Mindy! Loved your story about how you saw the SP bus and got to see them perform ;D

I believe in nothing, not the day and not the dark. I believe in nothing but the beating of our hearts

DNRpuppy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Hello there

Unread postby DNRpuppy » 13 Apr 2008 18:05

I look forward to seeing you gain as well.

Oh no, wait...

Shamrock
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Hello there

Unread postby Shamrock » 13 Apr 2008 18:06

Welcome to the board, I'm glad you saw the bus!

dest

Hello there

Unread postby dest » 13 Apr 2008 18:13

It really great to meet other fans. I'm glad to have found it. Alot of neat stuff around here.
Thanks for all the welcomes!

Becky
Founder
Founder

Hello there

Unread postby Becky » 13 Apr 2008 19:28

Welcome! That's a cool story about the bus. ;D

Lisa
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Hello there

Unread postby Lisa » 13 Apr 2008 19:56

Hey Mindy!...great story!

dolfen
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Hello there

Unread postby dolfen » 14 Apr 2008 10:41

Hi Mindy..*waves* I am also from Ky.. Im actually about 90 miles south of you.. I was also at Headliners/Louisville with the Flyleaf and at LRS Fest/Louisville. Those was some great shows..I don't know if you remember me but I was the one that was sitting behind the bus while everyone was in line.. I had a brace on my foot..♪

dest

Hello there

Unread postby dest » 14 Apr 2008 10:52

I'm sorry to say that my memory isn't the sharpest thing anymore.
It's a small world though! Nice to greet a fellow local.
What was up with the brace?

dolfen
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Hello there

Unread postby dolfen » 14 Apr 2008 11:06

I had an sprained ankle the dr thought it was broke so I had to wear it until I seen the orthopedic doctor..which said it wasn't broke but I still had to wear it for a month... but it did get me in the band door♪ which was great... they got me a seat right up front so I could see the show without getting hurt further..

frodolover36
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Hello there

Unread postby frodolover36 » 15 Apr 2008 07:38

WELCOME!! love to have u!
your one of us now...

The name's Nikki

"I don't consider myself a guitarist, or even a vocalist for that matter, I'm a rockstar."
~Shimon Moore

Mari
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Hello there

Unread postby Mari » 16 Apr 2008 13:44

Welcome!!! What a great story, I love how coincidences often leads to great experiences!

~Mari~

Missy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Hello there

Unread postby Missy » 17 Apr 2008 18:51

First off.... Welcome!
Second.... Your story further makes me believe in my motto of "everything happens for a reason" ;)

bobrien
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Hello there

Unread postby bobrien » 19 Apr 2008 07:54

Welcome to the board Mindy! Your story is awesome! Hope you enjoy it here.

Return to “Introductions”