'Tis Peeka here...if ya wanna know...

Tell us who you are & why you love the Sick Puppies!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Katy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby Katy » 19 Apr 2008 07:58

EDIT: Feel free to skim...I didn't think it would be this much. :D

I have been putting this off because much like everyone else...I don't care much for writing one of these out. I figure if someone wants to know something they could just ask. However, my 10 month old son is taking his morning nap at the moment so I have a few minutes...

I chose Peeka as my display name because it's what my husband (Josh) nicknamed me near the beginning of our relationship. We've been together for almost 6 years and we married on 6/6/06. We have a beautiful baby boy (as I mentioned above) named Jedidiah John and he was born on 6/19/07. His nickname is Jedi Jo. I work part-time at a grocery store as well as watch my niece 40+ hours a week. I love to write and read, I'm way too much of a vidiot (aka video game addict) my DS Lite is never far from my possession and I love music. I'm attempting to teach myself the piano right now. I love to talk as well. As I'm sure you can tell by the length of this intro. lol.

Josh and I first saw the Sick Puppies when they opened for Evanescence (much like the rest of the people on the board) on Dec. 7, 2007 in Amherst, Massachusetts. We were instantly hooked after seeing their stage presence and we loved the energy that they put into the show. We went home with all intentions of finding out as much as we could about them on the internet. I came across the "Free Hugs" video and I realized that I had seen the video online earlier that year but I hadn't put 2 and 2 together until that point. The next day (or at least soon thereafter) we purchased "Dressed Up As Life" and I play it 3 - 5 times a week. ;D

I'm eager to meet more people on the board. If anyone ever wants/needs to talk, I'm a great listener and will only give advice when asked. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions when you see my name online...I won't bite, I promise. ;)

EDIT: I forgot...my real name is Katy and I'm 23 yrs. old.
Last edited by Katy on 19 Apr 2008 08:10, edited 1 time in total.

bobrien
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby bobrien » 19 Apr 2008 08:05

Welcome to the crew Peeka!!! It is nice to have you here. I think the majority of us had not heard of Sick Puppies before we saw them live and then were instantly hooked. I first saw them with Flyleaf anf Kill Hannah and I have to say............ :o
SICK PUPPIES STOLE THE SHOW! It was awesome! Everyone here in the crew is very friendly and fun so dont be shy. We might need to see some pics of your baby boy tho!!! I love babies! ;D

Mari
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Mari » 19 Apr 2008 08:11

Welcome to the board! I love reading long introductions. See you around the board!

~Mari~

Katy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Katy » 19 Apr 2008 08:14

Lisa
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Lisa » 19 Apr 2008 08:42

Hello Katy!...welcome!

frodolover36
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby frodolover36 » 19 Apr 2008 10:14

welcome welcome!

The name's Nikki

"I don't consider myself a guitarist, or even a vocalist for that matter, I'm a rockstar."
~Shimon Moore

nicolenice
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby nicolenice » 19 Apr 2008 10:23

Welcome Peeka, we are all pretty nice here so have fun. Your baby is adorable, it's pics like that that make me want a baby but then I remember the screaming of my sisters kids. and quick question why was your wedding on 6/6/06 that's great

Donna
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Donna » 19 Apr 2008 19:42

welcome Peeka! your little one is adorable!!

I believe in nothing, not the day and not the dark. I believe in nothing but the beating of our hearts

bobrien
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby bobrien » 19 Apr 2008 20:15

DNRpuppy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby DNRpuppy » 19 Apr 2008 20:36

Hey Peeka, I'm Meredith. Nice to "meet" you. Welcome! ;D

Shamrock
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Shamrock » 19 Apr 2008 20:37

Hi Katy! It's nice to have you.
Your son is adorable and so is his nickname, "Jedi Jo".
Also, "vidiot" is an awesome term, I should use that on my brothers. ;D

Nicolenice: I also noticed that. But besides it being 666, quite a few people seem to pick dates that match with the year, I know last year 07/07/2007 was a popular date for a wedding here, or for example something like 03/03/2008 whatever, maybe they think it will be easier to remember I don't know. lol But I know a few people who've picked dates like that for weddings.
Last edited by Shamrock on 19 Apr 2008 20:37, edited 1 time in total.

nicolenice
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby nicolenice » 20 Apr 2008 14:11

Katy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Katy » 20 Apr 2008 16:30

Thank you for the compliments on our son. He really is a well behaved baby too. We decided to get married on 666 because we thought the irony of it would be great...well, we weren't the only ones that thought so. Apparently, Las Vegas hit a record number of weddings that day as well. :)

You guys have been great so far and I am becoming familiar with a few of the names on the board. I look forward to speaking with you more! :D

Return to “Introductions”