Silverchair

Share your love of music that isn't Sick Puppies here. (What?! Such a thing exists?!)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
solacematt
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Silverchair

Unread postby solacematt » 11 May 2008 00:29

I can't believe that there isn't a thread for Silverchair yet on the SP board.
I've been a fan of the band since their first album, Frogstomp in '95. Great band, and they seem to just keep progressing in leaps in bounds with every record. I think it's pretty funny that Shim's all-time favorite album is Diorama, which is actually Silverchair's least popular album. I'll admit I didn't like it for a very long time, but it wasn't till after I talked to Shim that I pulled the disc out for the first time since buying it in '02 and was like, wow, this actually is a pretty d**n good disc. Any other Silverchair fans round here :)
-matt

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Silverchair

Unread postby Serge » 11 May 2008 02:23

I <3 Silverchair :D

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

Sheila
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Silverchair

Unread postby Sheila » 11 May 2008 09:26

mmm....Silverchair :)

I love Neon Ballroom. When I first heard Straight Lines I was like wtf...what happened to Silverchair?!? Then I saw them live...it totally changed my opinion on that album. Its still not my fave and most likely never will be, but at least I dont cringe when I hear it :P

On a side note...I was so used to seeing Daniel as this skinny little kid so when I went to see them live, I saw the new buffed Daniel and was like :o

Becky
Founder
Founder

Silverchair

Unread postby Becky » 11 May 2008 09:32

I don't think I've listened to Silverchair since 1995. :P

Kemmy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Silverchair

Unread postby Kemmy » 11 May 2008 16:18

I like Silverchair a lot. I like Diorama also but my favourite would have to be Neon Ballroom.
I finally got to see them live last summer and I have to say, they're really good live

Anthony
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Silverchair

Unread postby Anthony » 15 May 2008 05:23

Oh my goodness Silverchair!!! That dan writes some of the most creative guitar licks I know. I love this band. My favorite albums are Diorama, Neon Ballroom, and Freak show i think. I'm still waiting for their latest to grow on me...

Emotion sickness, Ana's song, Spawn Again, Black Tangled Heart, Point of View, Paint Pastel Princess, Cemetery, Abuse Me, Freak, The Level, One Way Mule, Without You, The Greatest View OMG I love this band more than i though. I think Diorama and Neon Ballroom are 2 albums will never forget!
Last edited by Anthony on 15 May 2008 05:23, edited 1 time in total.

I like where I'm at on my back floating down in my own riptide...the water is fine :P

Kemmy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Silverchair

Unread postby Kemmy » 15 May 2008 14:52

^^ I love Ana's song, Paint Pastel Princess, The Greatest View, Freak and Abuse Me too... and so much more

Anthony
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Silverchair

Unread postby Anthony » 15 May 2008 15:46

It's funny, silverchair is probably in my top 5 favorite bands of all time. And I had not listened to them for ahwile, so after reading this thread this morning I ended up listening to them all day at work. = )

I like where I'm at on my back floating down in my own riptide...the water is fine :P

Anthony
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Silverchair

Unread postby Anthony » 01 Jun 2008 12:39

Go listen to "World Upon Your Shoulders" at exactly 2:20 and tell me that that part of the song doesn't give you goosebumps!

...I just needed to share that...

quicksand12

Re: Silverchair

Unread postby quicksand12 » 06 Jun 2008 09:38

i like their older stuff but i'm not a fan of their new stuff....it could be so much better than it is. i was disappointed.

*quicksand*

decadence21
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby decadence21 » 21 Jun 2008 15:02

I loved Silverchair's old stuff. The new single is QUITE different. I was surprised to learn it was them.

aka Sarah

LunaiStar
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby LunaiStar » 05 Apr 2012 13:55

BUMP 'cause I just bought Frogstomp and can't stop listening to it...

I've never been one to walk alone, I've always been scared to try. - Sick Puppies, "Maybe"

Return to “Other Music You Love”