Mindless Self Indulgence

Share your love of music that isn't Sick Puppies here. (What?! Such a thing exists?!)
Stephanie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Mindless Self Indulgence

Unread postby Stephanie » 02 May 2008 13:57

OMG! Thats so awesome! I always hear good things about the band when others meet them and get pictures taken. Lyn-Z looks so warm and cuddly, lol! I want a Lyn-Z hug too. :( *envy*

I'm happy you two had fun, and please tell me more! ;D

SweetPandemonium
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Mindless Self Indulgence

Unread postby SweetPandemonium » 02 May 2008 16:03

Ok...well it was really awesome lol. We were on the balcony thankfully. The pit was freakin insane! But we were really close still. I don't really remember all the songs they sang. But...some funny things that happened: There was a guy in a chicken suit that got pulled on stage to sing with them, Jimmy took off his clothes and told everyone to dress him lol so people started taking off shirts and hats and bras lol and throwing them at him. It was hilarious. I can't believe how much stuff was thrown at them during that concert. It was insane. Then after the last song Jimmy laid on the stage and did not move for over an hour lol. He stayed there while they cleared the stage and while people were leaving. But then he decided to start getting up as we were leaving lol so we couldn't meet him. But we got kicked out anyway for taking pics with Lyn-Z. The security was so stupid. There's was a lot more stuff that happened but I can't think right now lol. But here's a pic of Jimmy laying onstage:

a long time later with all the stuff people were throwing at him...

\m/Mandy\m/

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for."

eleanorrigby
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Mindless Self Indulgence

Unread postby eleanorrigby » 21 May 2008 21:28

eleanorrigby
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Mindless Self Indulgence

Unread postby eleanorrigby » 21 May 2008 21:51

one of our vids from the show..oh, I love Jimmy...
[yt]4anlESfXbe4[/yt]

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Mindless Self Indulgence

Unread postby Serge » 21 May 2008 21:55

Great vid :)

I wanna go see them this Saturday

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

aruna

Mindless Self Indulgence

Unread postby aruna » 22 May 2008 17:05

I have never heard their music. However, I am flattered that they named themselves after me. ;)

Stephanie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Mindless Self Indulgence

Unread postby Stephanie » 24 May 2008 11:57

AMAZING story and video. Lol @ Jimmy lying on the floor. Gooooooooddd I really need to see them live, Lyn-Z looks badass while playing. I <3 them.

Serge, tell me how it went!

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Mindless Self Indulgence

Unread postby Serge » 24 May 2008 17:29

^Unfortunately I couldn't find anyone that wanted to go. I need new people to hang out with that have better taste in music =[

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

decadence21
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Mindless Self Indulgence

Unread postby decadence21 » 24 May 2008 18:00

aka Sarah

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Mindless Self Indulgence

Unread postby Serge » 24 May 2008 18:08

Aw! if only I would've known earlier lol.

....ah, I hope they come back to the LA area soon. I really wanna see them live =[

frodolover36
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Mindless Self Indulgence

Unread postby frodolover36 » 29 May 2008 10:08

so i just found out that my friends band is opening up for them at the rave in milwaukee soon.

i cant remember the name of his band but ill let ya know when i ask him lol

The name's Nikki

"I don't consider myself a guitarist, or even a vocalist for that matter, I'm a rockstar."
~Shimon Moore

brenet

Re: Mindless Self Indulgence

Unread postby brenet » 02 Jul 2008 07:15

I'M GOING TO SEE MINDLESS SELF INDULGENCE TODAY IN CT!!!!

i'm so excited!!!

free hugs!!!!!!

SweetPandemonium
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby SweetPandemonium » 14 Jul 2008 19:43

^ How was it? Amazing, right? lol

I'm going to see them in September again!! Yayness. I can't wait :biggrin:

\m/Mandy\m/

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for."

Stephanie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Stephanie » 14 Jul 2008 19:50

*Jealous*

I have still not seen them live yet! I always fantasized about dressing up like a Frankenstein girl and rocking out to them in the Pit but I doubt it'll happen. :cry:

DavesTheSame26
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby DavesTheSame26 » 15 Jul 2008 11:15

So if I was to pick up a CD by this marvelous group, What would you recommend? I want to get into some new music, The stuff I have is getting a little bland, lol

~What is it I'm after, Searching for disaster?~

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 15 Jul 2008 12:53

I don't think there's such thing as a bad or so-so MSI album, they're all great :)

DavesTheSame26
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby DavesTheSame26 » 15 Jul 2008 12:56

Well, Out of all the ones that are out there, What one would really snag me in do you think?

~What is it I'm after, Searching for disaster?~

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 15 Jul 2008 13:10

I'd say "You'll Rebel to Anything", I think if you love that one you'll love the rest. (the previous releases are a tad bit more insane and the new one has a bit more melody to it)

Stephanie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Stephanie » 15 Jul 2008 13:50

SweetPandemonium
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby SweetPandemonium » 15 Jul 2008 14:45

Isn't "Tight" really hard to find? That's the only one I don't have and amazon wants $100 for it! :shocked:

I'm not sure what to recommend. I guess it depends on what you like better. If you like the more crazy, fast stuff I would say "Frankenstein Girls". If you don't like much of it I would say "If" which is the newest album. If you like some of it but not too much lol, I would recommend "You'll Rebel". But they are all really good.

\m/Mandy\m/

Return to “Other Music You Love”