Papa Roach

Share your love of music that isn't Sick Puppies here. (What?! Such a thing exists?!)
DeadSpace
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Papa Roach

Unread postby DeadSpace » 26 Apr 2009 12:37

Bands evolve ya, all 4 of there previous albums were different, but they all shared a common theme, Jacoby poured his heart out into his songs ( he even cried writing broken home), but with metamorphsis its just songs with no type of emotion, again though w/ the exception of lifeline which is awesome

"Even a Ray of light only emphasize's the depth of her own darkness"

Missy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Missy » 27 Apr 2009 11:20

Have you seen them perform Hollywood Whore live? Granted, it may not be the same "kind" of emotion, but when you see that, you can see it's full of SOME kind of emotion (hatred, disgust, etc...) That's the reason I bought the cd actually... I do think I've listened to the cd too much though LOL

*~DeathDealer~*
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby *~DeathDealer~* » 05 Nov 2009 20:35

Wow, there hasn't been a post here in a longgg time. Allow me to do the honors of resurrecting this thread then. :biggrin:

After years and years of waiting, I'll finally be seeing Papa Roach live on Nov. 14! I fell in love with their "Getting Away With Murder" album and ever since then, I've been trying to go to one of their concerts but they never seemed to make any stops close to me. Well, now they'll be headlining a music festival put on by a local radio station and Adelitas Way--I'm sure a majority of you are familiar with them--will be with them as well (alongside Chevelle, Jet, Framing Hanley, Skindred, Halestorm, Shawn Fisher, etc.)!

So, for those of you who have seen them live and have had the opportunity for "meet and greets"...what can you tell me about them? What's their stage presence like and what would be the easiest way to go about meeting them? Because I would absolutely DIE for an autograph from Jacoby and a picture with him! :drool:

Julie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Julie » 09 Nov 2009 20:43

I saw them live for the first time this past May and I was completely stoked about the show. I've been a fan since "Last Resort", but hadn't seen them live and wasn't sure what to expect. They were one of the best bands I've seen live to this point, and I'd go to another show in a heartbeat. They have a HUGE amount of energy onstage, and never stop moving and never seemed to miss a beat. The front man ran into the crowd mid-way through their set (saw them at a festival) and half way through the audience...performing the entire time. It was AWESOME! Highly, highly, highly recommended. They'll be around me again this coming week, but alas no one I know wanted to go but me as usual.

ENJOY THE SHOW!!!!

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

My theory is as such....70 year-olds of today swing dance at weddings, so at 70 we'll be moshing and head banging in walkers to Rage.

DeadSpace
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby DeadSpace » 09 Nov 2009 21:12

I was disappointed with there new album but Jacoby can put on a hell of a show, definitly worth going to and someone had an Amazing idea of a Sick Puppies+Breaking Benjamin+Papa Roach+Three Days Grace tour... :crazy: almost as good as a Flyleaf/Evanescence/Sick Puppies tour..or wait a Mega tour with ALL OF THEM Petition!

"Even a Ray of light only emphasize's the depth of her own darkness"

Sam
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Sam » 17 Nov 2009 14:36

Just saw them last night :rock: at the Bottling Company in my town. They were amazing. Also a new band named After Midnight Project they are AWESOME too. Really nice guys too. Sadly Papa Roach didn't come back out. But I got a t-shirt :biggrin:

brittany_71
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby brittany_71 » 20 Nov 2009 10:15

i like papa roach but i like the older stuff more...

Sam
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Sam » 20 Nov 2009 12:46

Oh yeah, I love the old stuff much more too. At the show they played alot of old stuff. It was really a good show.

NiKo Raza
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby NiKo Raza » 20 Nov 2009 12:50

I love Papa Roach... I've been learning Last Resort on the guitar, it was easier then I thought it would be... I'll probably learn more later one when I have a chance to look up tabs...
BUT I LOVE LAST RESORT, Fover, Scars, and To be Loved

A7X Fans join the New Message Forums @ http://www.AsevenX.com

RowdyJayJay
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby RowdyJayJay » 03 Dec 2009 16:38

I absolutely love Papa Roach live even more so than the studio sound from them. They have an impeccable amount of energy. I recently seen them with Jet during Halloween and it was marvelous, simply marvelous. I'll share a couple pics...I was in the pit directly below Jacoby and even got a mouthful of water he decided to spit out into the crowd...was kind of degrading but I was crunk! They were dressed up as hispanic gangsters and came out with "Low Rider" was pretty neat for Halloween. Jet was great actually and so was Aranda, the opening act.

Jay

"When I die, I hope they don't cremate me 'cuz I'll burn forever."
Harry Caray circa 1983

Sam
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Sam » 03 Dec 2009 22:00

Cassandra
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cassandra » 04 Dec 2009 12:22

Cody Lee
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cody Lee » 05 Dec 2009 20:54

Finally saw them live for first time 2 days ago as well as met them and got an acoustic set, dudes are f*ck awesome live and really nice.

"An idea is like a virus, resilient, highly contagious. The smallest seed of an idea can grow. It can grow to define, or destroy you."
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
Formerly known as Cakerz

Julie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Julie » 05 Dec 2009 21:44

Haha great pic Jay!

My theory is as such....70 year-olds of today swing dance at weddings, so at 70 we'll be moshing and head banging in walkers to Rage.

Kodie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Kodie » 24 Feb 2010 19:11

I NEVER get tired of seeing Papa Roach live! I've seen them 4 times (5 times if I count the acoustic set :biggrin: ) twice in Chattanooga, twice in Knoxville and once in Nashville and every time they've left me wanting more! Jacoby has the most energy I've ever seen! Dude's CRAZY! Running through the crowd..most bands I've seen wouldn't even attempt something like that! Can't wait to see 'em again! :smile:

Fear is the dumbest thing that we've ever created in our minds; its just so stupid... it stands in the way of everything and it achieves nothing.

*~DeathDealer~*
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby *~DeathDealer~* » 27 Apr 2010 09:48

^ They definitely are amazing live! I saw them for the first time in November '09 when they came to Jacksonville to headline Planetfest. Jacoby even came down towards the audience and my cousin's friend shoved me to the front so I could touch him. And dang, Jacoby's chest was slick and sweaty as can be! I had a fangirly moment, haha. :crazy:

But I'm sooooo tempted to make the 4+ hour drive to Panama City Beach on Thursday to see Papa Roach and Puddle of Mudd ! I'm even off work that day! But Papa Roach will be in Orlando on Saturday (which is way closer and I have relatives there) to co-headline the Earthday Birthday Festival with Korn... and Halestorm will be there too!

Decisions, decisions. :wall:

rocklover

Unread postby rocklover » 23 May 2011 17:33

been a fan since the beginning. by far my fav band ever. seen them probably 15 times (maybe more, starting to lose track). they have such a high energy rock show. one of these days i hope to meet them. for some reason i keep missing them at their shows.

~Jen

Salvera
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Salvera » 10 Nov 2013 04:56

Tonight i'm going to see them for the first time :smile:

Return to “Other Music You Love”