Skillet

Share your love of music that isn't Sick Puppies here. (What?! Such a thing exists?!)
stephb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Skillet

Unread postby stephb » 22 Oct 2010 20:22

Resurrecting this thread...I've seen these guys with Creed in Sioux City in August. They were amazing live. I found out yesterday that I have to go home (Sioux Falls, SD) the weekend of November 12 and Skillet is going to be there Sunday, November 14. Ahhhh I really want to go!!

Steph

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 23 Oct 2010 08:15

stephb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby stephb » 23 Oct 2010 08:31

I've heard their songs on the radio from their recent CD (Hero, Monster, and Awake and Alive) which prompted us to go get the CD. We love it. I am surprised by the Christian tag that they seem to be under. They don't seem Christian to me. I do hear positive references in some lyrics but that didn't say "Oh they are Christian" in my head. Anyway we like the CD. If tickets were cheaper I would go to the show. Skillet is opening for someone who is supposedly Christian too. I don't have a desire to see that person so the ticket price is a bit steep just for Skillet. Mike would probably yell at me if I went since I am supposed to be up there to take care of my dad after surgery on Friday.

Steph

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby angelbear425 » 23 Oct 2010 09:04

Didn't you find it funny then that they toured with Creed (also a Christian Rock band) this past summer? :smile:

Shim: You don't like Rage Against the Machine?
Me: I like one song.
Shim: Which one?
Me: Bulls on Parade.
Shim: F%&* off! HAHA

stephb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby stephb » 23 Oct 2010 11:18

I saw them with Creed actually. Normally I don't say this band is Christian or this band is death metal or whatever. If I like the music that's all I care about.

Steph

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby angelbear425 » 24 Oct 2010 10:30

Shim: You don't like Rage Against the Machine?
Me: I like one song.
Shim: Which one?
Me: Bulls on Parade.
Shim: F%&* off! HAHA

Hollee
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Hollee » 24 Oct 2010 10:34

I absolutely love Skillet. I remember when they first came out years ago, we listened to them a lot in my old Youth Group. Then they kinda faded out, and when they came back with this new album, I fell in love all over again. Awake and Alive is my absolute favorite song of theirs. Lucy, Monster, and Hero are my other favorites.

I have yet to see them live, it's definitely on my list of things to do though.

The fact that the drummer is female and does vocals and everything is just amazing to me. She's flawless.

wrxracer24
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby wrxracer24 » 24 Oct 2010 16:06

I just saw them at Northern Lights Clifton Park w/My darkest days, trapt, & papa roach a few weeks ago. The venue got so hot that I had to go to the bar for some water so I had to watch them from afar, but they were really good. They played a long set too (or at least it seemed that way) They had like mini pyrotechnic type stuff going on. Like fog machine explosions....Yeah I like Monster and Hero myself. Here are some videos I have found on youtube from that night (not my videos)

You think it's all just playing, fun and games
You're treating it like a joke
Some people say they wanna be me
This life can be very deceiving
It's just your state of mind

stephb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby stephb » 24 Oct 2010 16:13

I loved when the violin and cello players where on individual risers and would go up and down during the songs. I thought that was cool. Those players really add to the music too.

Steph

Yu Jin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby Yu Jin » 24 Oct 2010 20:00

I feel the need to clarify:

Creed- Not a 'Christian Rock Band'. A rock band consisting of Christians.

Skillet- A Christian Rock Band.

There is a difference, however small. The biggest would be that Skillet is much more 'WE ARE CHRISTIANS AND OUR MUSIC REFLECTS IT, WE LOVE GOD!!!" and Creed is more like, "I'm Scott Stapp and I don't care what you think, I think I'm Jesus. Btw listen to my music, it's better than Skillet."*

*- These are the fictional views of Scott Stapp and not mine. Skillet is far better than Creed.

louisbiglou
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby louisbiglou » 30 Oct 2010 22:40

I saw them Live the night after Sick Puppies Played, at Bayfest, Mobile Al. That weekend i got to see some of my favorite band, Sick Puppies, Shinedown (<- Sat night) Skillet, Papa Roach (<- Sun Night) It was Awsome

USMCJPN
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby USMCJPN » 10 Nov 2010 22:28

I heard Monster on the radio at work and thought Skillet is a funny name for a band but I really like almost all of the album. At first they don't really seem like a "Christian Rock" band but knowing that, you can definitely interpret lyrics from a few of the songs on the album as pertaining to god and faith. I am hoping to see them live but haven't seen any dates near California.

rocklover

Unread postby rocklover » 23 May 2011 17:28

love these guys. saw them open for papa roach last year. been a fan of thier music for a while but only saw them live for the first time last year. they were awesome live. hope they come back my way again cuz id love to see them again (and again)

~Jen

stephb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby stephb » 01 Sep 2012 11:42

Skillet tonight! Can't wait! :rock:

Steph

Razr21
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Razr21 » 26 Sep 2012 15:05

I saw them live in Gainsville last year, they sound just as good live as they do in studio. One of the best concerts I've been to!

LunaiStar
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby LunaiStar » 27 Sep 2012 06:51

I remember my one best friend in middle school got me hooked on Skillet with the Comatose album. Naturally, I bought that one, plus Collide and (when it first came out) Awake.
I love Sometimes, Better than Drugs, Comatose, Cycle Down, Forsaken, Collide.
Though Lucy made me cry when I first heard it :(

I've never been one to walk alone, I've always been scared to try. - Sick Puppies, "Maybe"

Katy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Katy » 14 Jan 2013 08:10

I'm completely obsessed with Awake (the Deluxe version). I'm so glad I purchased it off iTunes, I've been listening to the album at least once a day if I can.

They're coming to Connecticut but there aren't many good seats left so I think I'm going to opt out.

Return to “Other Music You Love”