30 seconds to Mars

Share your love of music that isn't Sick Puppies here. (What?! Such a thing exists?!)
Donna
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: 30 seconds to Mars

Unread postby Donna » 19 Feb 2009 05:47

I did hear that they were coming out with another album - interesting title :tongue:

I believe in nothing, not the day and not the dark. I believe in nothing but the beating of our hearts

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby Serge » 19 Feb 2009 13:07

I can't wait to hear it, I love 30STM :)

I just hope they don't rush it because of that whole problem with Virgin records

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

Cassandra
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby Cassandra » 19 Feb 2009 14:48

nicolenice
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby nicolenice » 24 Feb 2009 17:13

ToniB
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby ToniB » 25 Feb 2009 04:14

Oh, I'll definitely be buying it also, I just thought that was a funny coincidence (sp?)

Hey, it's gonna be okay. Hey, we're gonna laugh at this one day.

Sam
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Sam » 09 Dec 2009 00:39

I saw them last night in Baton Rouge, LA @ The Varsity. :biggrin:

It brought back memories b/c The Varsity was my first Sick Puppies show. While waiting out in the rain for the doors to open I couldn't help but miss the pups & remembering the show that night they played there.

Anyways, back to the 30 Seconds to Mars... the show was amazing. Jared did awesome and he sang a little bit of his new song Hurricane for the first time. Which that song is awesome. Me & my roommate got their new cd and after the show they was nice enough to sign them :smile: . Only thing the fans were being kind of rude and not patience. :shame:
I will say this I had a moment where I cried hearing one of the songs. The Kill, that song speaks so close to home for me and I was shock b/c I didn't think I was going to do that. But at the same time I felt a part of me get healed.

By the way, buy their new cd if you like their music. It's really different from their last one but it's really good.

I have so much respect for music so much more now.

Cody Lee
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cody Lee » 09 Dec 2009 15:47

Their new album is PHENOMENAL!!!! Seriously the only word to truly describe it is "epic". The work they did with the fans in "The Summit" just made this album so damn good. Two minutes into the intro song when you hear the fans scream "THIS IS WAR!" I literally got f*ck chills. It's very "theatrical" album, which is the way 30STM has said they like to make it. Seriously I'm not sure how to really describe it but it is amazing!!!!! Even the song with Kanye West (and I'm VERY anti-kanye)

"An idea is like a virus, resilient, highly contagious. The smallest seed of an idea can grow. It can grow to define, or destroy you."
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
Formerly known as Cakerz

Sleeve

Unread postby Sleeve » 18 Feb 2010 15:50

I agree with the comment above, they def got that huge sound they were going for. I really like that I can hear traces of their first album in it.

Myst
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Myst » 20 Feb 2010 16:55

Cody Lee
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cody Lee » 20 Feb 2010 17:51

I guess I caught them on a good day cause when I was going through the M&G line yet it was rushed but they were really nice and talked to people. The dude in front of me asked Jared "What advice do you have for musicians" and he looked up and (very seriously and you could tell he meant it) "Don't ever let ANYONE f*ck tell you you're not good enough, and never take no for an answer" Then he signed his stuff and made it out to (whatever the kids name was)

"An idea is like a virus, resilient, highly contagious. The smallest seed of an idea can grow. It can grow to define, or destroy you."
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
Formerly known as Cakerz

Gabby
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Gabby » 28 Feb 2010 00:06

I'm really picky with these guys. I kinda teeter on the fence of somewhat liking them and absolutely loving them. Hit and miss. 50/50. idfk. :laugh:

I think they're actually very good live. I saw them at NBT last December and they had some awesome energy. Jared really likes getting the crowd involved.

Freedomfight3r
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Freedomfight3r » 28 Feb 2010 08:14

I saw these guys on Friday night and I wasn't expecting it to be half as good as it was!(and I had high expectations).They played with Street Drum Corps and a local band, Fox Avenue. It was the first concert I've been to where to band actually stopped midsong and told the security guards to get the f*ck out of the circle pit (that Jared told us to make xD ) or they would stop playing and leave. Not to mention strobe lights during the more epic parts of the moshes. AMAZING. Played the good old stuff as well as new stuff and from the second album. I nearly cried to A Beautiful Lie and This Is War/100 suns when they played them. It was just... That beautiful. He started telling the people sitting in the tiered seats to stop sitting or he'll come up there; two songs later, he was up there with the crowd with an acoustic guitar playing songs. NEVER expected that! The moshes were possibly the roughest that I've even been, which I'm genuinely shocked to say considering some of the other gigs I've been to!
The flaws to the gig was the que. You know how there's almost always one guy who starts chants and singing the likes of Bohemian Rhapsody, etc? Well most of the time, that's me! And barely anyone took part! No one seemed to know the lyrics to Bohemian Rhapsody or Freebird. It was sad. :(
Another thing was how they SOLD water. At a concert, the security guards are usually there with cups of water giving them to people who request them. (that's how it is here in Ireland, I don't know what it's like Stateside) But at this instead they had a guy selling bottled water and coke for 3euro a bottle. It irritated me quite a lot.

But irrespective of that, it was an amazing gig and I would go through all the pain and dehydration again to relive it! :D

Cody Lee
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cody Lee » 28 Feb 2010 10:41

Formerly known as Cakerz

Freedomfight3r
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Freedomfight3r » 02 Mar 2010 04:45

Jessamy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Jessamy » 05 Aug 2010 23:31

love <3

and jared is delicious....saw them in concert and he can even make a bright pink..im talking this color...mohawk look attractive.

the new album is very good....lyrically its a little lazy but the crowd and jared singing together is amazing

sadly, jared can't really sing live..tragic i know. he makes up for it with stage precense and having the crowd help out though

Sick Puppies + My Chemical Romance = :love:
08-18-08~ 05-23-09~ 07-22-09~ 09-11-09~ 12-13-10~ 04-23-10~ 05-01-10~ 07-15-10~ 08-13-10~08-14-10~12-10-10~12-13-10~04-19-11

wrxracer24
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby wrxracer24 » 28 Sep 2010 17:21

Not a big 30 seconds to Mars fan. Not bad but no Sick Puppies by far IMO. However to my surprise :shocked: I was getting ready for work this morning and happened to have VH1 or MTV on and their video for Closer to the Edge came on. I liked how the video was about the song, yet about people's opinions about the world. If you haven't seen it yet, here take a look. I really like the girl's opinion about music and how it's her religion @ 4:56. She says "some people pray, I turn up the radio"

You think it's all just playing, fun and games
You're treating it like a joke
Some people say they wanna be me
This life can be very deceiving
It's just your state of mind

SpiralingSoul
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

30 Seconds to Mars

Unread postby SpiralingSoul » 10 Aug 2016 22:30

Take Jared Leto and rock music, and you get 30 Seconds to Mars. They're pretty good.

SO PRAY TO YOUR GOD
STICK TO YOUR GUNS
CAUSE YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN

Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 30 Seconds to Mars

Unread postby Dana » 11 Aug 2016 06:26

#2017ForDavid :sp:

SpiralingSoul
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby SpiralingSoul » 11 Aug 2016 13:34

SO PRAY TO YOUR GOD
STICK TO YOUR GUNS
CAUSE YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN

Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Dana » 11 Aug 2016 13:54

#2017ForDavid :sp:

Return to “Other Music You Love”