Halestorm

Share your love of music that isn't Sick Puppies here. (What?! Such a thing exists?!)
SweetPandemonium
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Halestorm

Unread postby SweetPandemonium » 21 Jan 2009 20:07

Gotta represent my local bands! :wink: . So I know some of you probably saw them on the SnoCore tour in 06 with "The band that shall not be named", Flyleaf and Shinedown, right?! Well, I didn't lol but I think they are an amazing band and you should all check them out! Even if you don't like the songs on their myspace, go see them live anyway. GO! They will blow you away. And they just added a bunch of dates...I believe they are touring with Shinedown? I know they have a few shows with them at least.

http://www.myspace.com/halestorm

\m/Mandy\m/

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for."

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Halestorm

Unread postby Serge » 21 Jan 2009 20:45

Lzzy has some serious fricking pipes, very impressive vocals! I was lucky enough to see them 2 times in a row within a few days :)

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

Cassandra
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby Cassandra » 22 Jan 2009 03:40

Wow. Lzzy sounds really good. =D

(This is my first time hearing about them ^^)

eleanorrigby
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby eleanorrigby » 22 Jan 2009 11:18

They are amazing...my favorite local band. Saw them at the Chameleon club in Lancaster and they were fantastic. Got to meet them after the show and they were the nicest band people I have ever met. I will be seeing them this Sat and next Friday and I can't wait. Oh and I found out yesterday that Lzzy and I go to the same hairstylist and she was the appointment before me..lol..I thought that was kinda cool.

SweetPandemonium
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby SweetPandemonium » 22 Jan 2009 22:26

^ Nerd.

Yeah, Lzzy has some serious vocal skills. I was completely blown away the first time I saw them. And I'm really excited I get to see them a few more times before they head out on tour! :smile:

\m/Mandy\m/

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for."

SweetPandemonium
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby SweetPandemonium » 26 Jan 2009 11:02

Sooooo, we've started a street team for Halestorm. You may have seen the bulletin about it (if you're friends with them) but if not here's the link: www.myspace.com/halestormstreetteam

It is still very much a work in progress but it would be really awesome if any of you guys would add it! Thank you :smile:

\m/Mandy\m/

eleanorrigby
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby eleanorrigby » 13 Feb 2009 21:40

yay Halestorm! can't wait to see them in March, April and May...lol..I love them...

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 03 Mar 2009 18:37

I'm so stoked about getting my first new job check on Friday because I can pre-order the Halestorm debut album! (I won't get the actual copy until April 28th but you get an instant digital download of it) :biggrin:

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

SweetPandemonium
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby SweetPandemonium » 06 Mar 2009 20:39

Whoot! Album rocks!!! Everyone go order one! lol

Got to see them last night which was awesome because I didn't think I would! It was just what I needed after a week of stress lol. They were amazing as usual and the venue was insane. Coolest ever. We were on top of a mountain :surprised: Can't wait to see them next month!

\m/Mandy\m/

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 15 Mar 2009 16:10

Pretty solid album

But Lily Allen's "It's Not Me, It's You" still remains my number 1 2009 album :)
Last edited by Serge on 22 Oct 2009 15:40, edited 1 time in total.

SweetPandemonium
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby SweetPandemonium » 28 Mar 2009 19:46

Cover of Heart's "All I Wanna Do is Make Love To You" from yesterdays acoustic radio performances.

Just had to post because I thought it was awesome. :smile:

\m/Mandy\m/

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby angelbear425 » 05 Apr 2009 21:07

I saw them tonight with Red and Trapt. They were fantastic!! I was definitely impressed! :smile:

Shim: You don't like Rage Against the Machine?
Me: I like one song.
Shim: Which one?
Me: Bulls on Parade.
Shim: F%&* off! HAHA

Matthew
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Matthew » 05 Apr 2009 22:25

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby angelbear425 » 06 Apr 2009 08:04

Shim: You don't like Rage Against the Machine?
Me: I like one song.
Shim: Which one?
Me: Bulls on Parade.
Shim: F%&* off! HAHA

Missy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Missy » 19 Jun 2009 21:29

Ok Mandy... After hearing you talk about them so much I finally caved and bought the album :laugh: I LOVE it!!! I haven't listened to anything live yet, but I wanted something new to hold me over til Tri-Polar comes out and this is definitely doing the trick!

SweetPandemonium
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby SweetPandemonium » 20 Jun 2009 17:59

:laugh: YAY!!!!! I'm so happy you like it!!!! lol Now you just need to see them live because they are even better!!! :biggrin: and you need to see them live with me over here on the east coast...as well as sick puppies *ahem* Let me know if you want the 3 bonus tracks that came with pre-ordering it. They are really good too! And I'll see if maybe I can get you one of the live cds if you want too....as you can tell I'm excited :laugh:

\m/Mandy\m/

Missy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Missy » 20 Jun 2009 23:30

I actually have one of the live cds... I don't know what it is, but it has I think five songs on it... And I would LOVE bonus tracks!

*cough*AndYouKnowIfICouldIWouldBeThereInAHeartBeat*cough* :biggrin:

SweetPandemonium
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby SweetPandemonium » 21 Jun 2009 12:23

^Oh, coolness! I will pm you about the bonus tracks :cool:

And...Halestorm doing "Black Dog". Finally someone recorded it. One of my favorite covers they do so had to post! lol

\m/Mandy\m/

sinfullyinsane
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby sinfullyinsane » 23 Jun 2009 09:30

I love Halestorm. Thanks to Revolver for naming her hottest female in metal. I had no idea who they were until then. Lzzy is freakin awesome! :rock:

Graphic by: Emily Rose Dijkstra

NextToNothing316
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby NextToNothing316 » 28 Jun 2009 17:11

It was awesome that Revolver did that... and she definitely deserves it :biggrin: Her voice is amazing.

Return to “Other Music You Love”