The Almost

Share your love of music that isn't Sick Puppies here. (What?! Such a thing exists?!)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
solacematt
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

The Almost

Unread postby solacematt » 23 May 2008 14:28

Besides myself, I know Serge is a fan of them as well. I have to admit, I wasn't a fan of them until I had to see them at the Buzz Bakesale back in December. Really blew me away. So I bought the album and was completly mind blown, especially when I found out that the band's vocalist and guitarist Aaron wrote and played almost everything on the record. The band is about to go out on their last tour in support of the debut record, Southern Weather, before Aaron goes back to his other main band, Underoath. I would like to see them again, but sadly they aren't coming anywhere near me. They are however taking SP's spot at a show in Tampa this weekend since the band had to pull out, so that was cool of them. I also read an article a few moths back where Shim said Southern Weather was one of his favorite new records last year. I thought that was pretty cool :)
-matt

nicolenice
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

The Almost

Unread postby nicolenice » 23 May 2008 15:11

I think they are pretty cool. I am pretty new to the band but glad to hear that they are good live because I am covering their concert here on June 3 at the metro for capitol records. I hope that they are good. And if you can fly out here I have a + 1 and haven't found someone to go with yet

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

The Almost

Unread postby Serge » 23 May 2008 18:25

I LOVE The Almost! :)

They're doing two shows close to me with a couple of other bands I like too, I hope I get to catch one of those.
Last edited by Serge on 23 May 2008 18:25, edited 1 time in total.

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

nicolenice
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

The Almost

Unread postby nicolenice » 03 Jun 2008 12:04

YAY I am seeing them in about 3 hours hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe if you can not tell i am happy about that

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

The Almost

Unread postby Serge » 03 Jun 2008 15:14

LUCKY!!

Tell me how it was :)

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

nicolenice
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

The Almost

Unread postby nicolenice » 03 Jun 2008 22:04

Well the first band Army of Me I didn't like then the second band Envy on the Coast was pretty good. Then Emry played I've on heard a couple of their songs before but they were good but what was funny about them is there are two lead singers but they switch between one singing and one playing the base very very odd.

Then it was time for The Almost. From there music you do not expect them to rock out on stage as hard as they do but the singer was just taring the stage up. Hair flying and vocals were pretty good. But they do need to be more crowd orianted he only talk like twice and the first time it was just whats up Chicago. People were moshing like crazy style. And someone got pissed during the moshing and started a real fight so while everyone crowded around to watch that i got closer to the stage. haha. So overall it was pretty cool but it was the smallest concert i have ever gone to but still ok.

These are the only half way decent pic I got and they are still not that good, because their sign was lit up so that made it hard to get pics then they move so fast that made it hard too

Last edited by nicolenice on 03 Jun 2008 22:04, edited 1 time in total.

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

The Almost

Unread postby Serge » 03 Jun 2008 22:14

I love Envy on the Coast, I wanna see them :)

nicolenice
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

The Almost

Unread postby nicolenice » 03 Jun 2008 23:04

Yeah I didn't know who Envy on the Coast was before tonite but they are good and they keep you entertained except the bassist isn't that good he had me and my brother cracking up for the whole time during their set. But you should go see them and the almost and emry was pretty good too. Oh LOOK 6 shows coming up in california all under 20 bucks, I think you can pull atleast one off don't you, here are the dates and times

Jun 15 2008 6:00P
Sidelines Modesto, California
Jun 16 2008 7:00P
Slim

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

The Almost

Unread postby Serge » 03 Jun 2008 23:52

Hm, maybe the Anaheim one :)

quicksand12

Re: The Almost

Unread postby quicksand12 » 10 Jun 2008 06:09

my boy and i went to go see them play with the starting line and paramore back in I think november at the palladium. they were wicked good. i wqas also shocked at how good the starting line sounded, i saw a clip of them live a couple of years ago and they were terrible. but they're pretty good now. and paramore is always a good show so no complaints there. but i love the almost. my favourite sing is "Amazing because it is" it gave me goosebumps when they did it live.

*quicksand*

Return to “Other Music You Love”