Linkin Park

Share your love of music that isn't Sick Puppies here. (What?! Such a thing exists?!)
Cody Lee
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: Linkin Park

Unread postby Cody Lee » 16 Mar 2011 19:25

I love MTM but thought ATS was SO much better. To be honest I'm a bit obsessed with LP (always have been) and have watched every "Making of" "behind the scenes" interviews, etc, and to be honest I really respect why they changed their sound. They go into much more detail but they really were just tired of playing that style, they wanted to make something different, people told them they all sounded the same etc. Lots of people say they should stick to their old sound but the best thing I can always say is this. Think of yourself 10 years ago, did you have the same tastes in music, or anything?

As people get older they change it's just natural. Musicians need to make music they enjoy, not music that is expected. While fans are obviously very important to a band I think they come 2nd to the band themselves. If you play music you don't enjoy just for the sake of pleasing other people, it's eventually going to become a job rather than something you enjoy. You have to make music YOU love and hope that someone out there likes it as well.

A lot of people tell me they sold out but to be honest had they kept their old sound only because that's what people wanted, that would be selling out in my opinion.

lol /rant

"An idea is like a virus, resilient, highly contagious. The smallest seed of an idea can grow. It can grow to define, or destroy you."
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
Formerly known as Cakerz

NickyToons
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby NickyToons » 20 Mar 2011 22:00

Yeah sometimes I'm kind of tired of the people who keep complaining about Linkin Parks old sound being the best and the new work being terrible..
I don't think there is one band that sounds the same on their first cd then on their 5th cd.
Not saying they still have to like it, but at least it is a band that expiments with music. I have to say that I really had to get used to MTM, more then ATS..
How they made ATS like one full track is actually very cool and creative, too bad when you listen to the loose songs you get these weird 10 sec pieces of music.

Gam3fr3ak96
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby Gam3fr3ak96 » 25 Mar 2011 21:49

I totally understand development of music, but there's a difference between evolving and alienation of the fans. And I believe that ATS alienated a lot of fans. I've never been a huge LP fan, but know several people who have always been fans and they felt very disappointed by it.

I never bought the album but of course heard the Catalyst, which is a pretty decent song. I love Waiting For the End, it's completley crazy for them, it sounds reggae, but I love it. I also hard Blackout a few times and thought it was pretty good.

Check out my Youtube channel, with original songs and a couple Sick Puppies covers!

Riptide: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SwRo-weEHU
You're Going Down: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlIylzo2Up8
The Soldier (One of my bands originals): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlIylzo2Up8

dlcramer
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby dlcramer » 05 Apr 2011 20:34

Finally got the code problem resolved and was able to download all the songs from the Phoenix show the other night. Great quality mp3s and all 22 songs and a half a dozen pictures of the band were in the download!

NickyToons
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby NickyToons » 05 Apr 2011 21:17

Yeah I love that! It's so cool they do something like that for their fans. I even got a shot from the crowd and could see myself in that picture haha.
I wish more bands did something like that. I love listening shows I've been to again.

-G-
SP Merch
SP Merch

Unread postby -G- » 24 Jun 2011 00:57

The following commentaries are for entertainment purposes only. The view and opinions expressed herein are those of the demented individual and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of Sick Puppies or any of their respective affiliates or employees. Parental discretion is advised. Look both ways when crossing the street and don't forget to wash your hands every time you use the restroom. In case of fire, stop, drop and (rock n) roll! Merching at the speed of light!

Takanada
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Takanada » 10 Jul 2011 13:26

To be honest, I didn't really care for the album to begin with. I downloaded it hoping it would be somewhat similar to MTM and... it wasn't. The fact that each track wasn't a song also bugged me a bit as well. However, for some reason I read a review for the album. I don't know, maybe I was looking to bash it. By the end of the review, it made sense. Listen to the album as a whole, not each song individually.

I went from feeling that the band shot me and all of their long time fans the middle finger to really appreciating the deep, meaningful, extremely well organized orchestration achieved on the album. I even thought to myself once it was over, "Wow, this one may just be their best album yet."

It is good to see that a band that's on top like that isn't afraid to do something new. They knew they needed to change as their old style was just that, old. They went outside of a safety zone and made a change. A change that I fully believe was for the best and is definitely a means of showcasing their talent as well as proving that they aren't afraid of challenging themselves.

Final Fantasy 7
Past Shows:
10/15/2009 Hattiesburg, MS 10/18/2009 Biloxi, MS 02/01/2010 Baton Rouge, LA
02/02/2010 Birmingham, AL 04/21/2010 Atlanta, GA 04/22/2010 Jackson, MS
07/10/2010 Biloxi, MS 07/12/2010 Baton Rouge, LA

-G-
SP Merch
SP Merch

Unread postby -G- » 21 Jul 2011 16:24

The following commentaries are for entertainment purposes only. The view and opinions expressed herein are those of the demented individual and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of Sick Puppies or any of their respective affiliates or employees. Parental discretion is advised. Look both ways when crossing the street and don't forget to wash your hands every time you use the restroom. In case of fire, stop, drop and (rock n) roll! Merching at the speed of light!

NickyToons
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby NickyToons » 22 Jul 2011 00:18

Been trying to tell people that for years now.. I am a fan since their first album came out, can't believe that's about 10 years now already!
But at least they weren't afraid of experimenting. I had to get used to Minutes to Midnight, and A Thousand suns, but it was worth it.
I just love the fact that A Thousand Suns is one song, with the download I got with the album there was a file with the album as one track, the full experience, that's exactly what it is. They never should have cut the album up in songs.

It really annoys me that so called "fans" keep complaining about it and miss the old Linkin Park, blahblah. If they would still be doing the exact same thing as 10 years ago, they might have lost intrest in the band too.

They loose fans with trying to do something totally new, but it also means they get new fans, I just think that some of the old fans just don't give them the chance anymore, but only whine about how they miss the old stuff. Well then just put the old album back in your cd player then.. Don't see a problem there :)

Cody Lee
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cody Lee » 28 Jul 2011 01:39

"An idea is like a virus, resilient, highly contagious. The smallest seed of an idea can grow. It can grow to define, or destroy you."
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
Formerly known as Cakerz

-G-
SP Merch
SP Merch

Unread postby -G- » 29 Jul 2011 10:10

Hello everyone.

Anyone wanna help two good causes?

1) Help victims

2) get me into a secret show!

Go to the link below and donate any small amount you can. Five. Ten Dollar. Every bit counts.

http://www.give2gether.com/projects/mus ... ic4relief/

G

Cody Lee
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cody Lee » 29 Jul 2011 13:44

Formerly known as Cakerz

dlcramer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby dlcramer » 29 Jul 2011 17:25

-G-
SP Merch
SP Merch

Unread postby -G- » 30 Jul 2011 23:10

-G-
SP Merch
SP Merch

Unread postby -G- » 30 Jul 2011 23:11

Cody Lee
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cody Lee » 31 Jul 2011 00:09

Formerly known as Cakerz

-G-
SP Merch
SP Merch

Unread postby -G- » 31 Jul 2011 07:54

"SP Merch"]Hello everyone.

Anyone wanna help two good causes?

1) Help victims

2) get me into a secret show!

Go to the link below and donate any small amount you can. Five. Ten Dollar. Every bit counts.

http://www.give2gether.com/projects/mus ... ic4relief/

G[/quote]

Pfft I'd donate all my money...if I had any lol. And no I live close to Dallas, met you briefly at last few shows, was the ambassador helping tammy[/quote][/quote]
Yeah i remember you now... hi (waves)

Thanks for helping out!

What a nutty show ehhh?????

Did you get to see LP on this past tour????

Cody Lee
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cody Lee » 31 Jul 2011 21:59

Formerly known as Cakerz

Cody Lee
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cody Lee » 31 Jul 2011 23:23

Don't remember if I've ever posted this on here, but this is one of the best videos on youtube...period lol

WATCH IT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOYeeppg9V4

Formerly known as Cakerz

Cody Lee
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cody Lee » 15 Apr 2012 21:15

Formerly known as Cakerz

Return to “Other Music You Love”