Linkin Park

Share your love of music that isn't Sick Puppies here. (What?! Such a thing exists?!)
broken.wings
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Linkin Park

Unread postby broken.wings » 17 Feb 2011 10:18

Julie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby Julie » 17 Feb 2011 12:45

Very true! :smile:

My theory is as such....70 year-olds of today swing dance at weddings, so at 70 we'll be moshing and head banging in walkers to Rage.

NickyToons
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby NickyToons » 19 Feb 2011 09:12

It sucks so bad that they had to cancel so many shows.. again! Seems they have to cancel a show at like every tour :/
It's nice they rescheduled it though :)

My very first LP concert was cancelled, it was back in 2003, first (and last) time they came back to my country was 4 years later in 2007.

Cody Lee
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cody Lee » 19 Feb 2011 15:36

Yeah Chester has a habit of getting sick/hospitalized quite a bit

"An idea is like a virus, resilient, highly contagious. The smallest seed of an idea can grow. It can grow to define, or destroy you."
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
Formerly known as Cakerz

NickyToons
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby NickyToons » 19 Feb 2011 23:52

Yeah when he canceled our show they said he had some kind of weird virus and they cancelled the whole tour, he even went back to the US then.
He broke his arm a few times. (First time I saw them live he apparently broke is arm at the Europe music awards the day before but he still did the show)
Getting sick, having trouble with his back.. Poor guy, I feel sorry for him. He also Isn't allowed to jump off stuff on stage anymore, but that doesn't stop him, and gets him in trouble everytime. He's insane! haha.

Julie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Julie » 20 Feb 2011 18:03

Fuse TV recently aired selections from their recent Madison Square Garden, NYC show. :smile: I was able to catch a little of it last night and they have it up on their site.

My theory is as such....70 year-olds of today swing dance at weddings, so at 70 we'll be moshing and head banging in walkers to Rage.

Cody Lee
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cody Lee » 20 Feb 2011 23:35

"An idea is like a virus, resilient, highly contagious. The smallest seed of an idea can grow. It can grow to define, or destroy you."
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
Formerly known as Cakerz

Cody Lee
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cody Lee » 20 Feb 2011 23:38

Never heard them use Faint as an opener, I love the song and it's great live but don't think it should be an opener

Formerly known as Cakerz

Julie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Julie » 22 Feb 2011 06:52

^ I was a little surprised too, but it ended up working (at the show I saw at least). Crowd was fairly pumped from the get-go of the show.

dlcramer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby dlcramer » 04 Mar 2011 20:50

2-28 concert in Phoenix.

Cody Lee
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cody Lee » 05 Mar 2011 11:20

Acoustic guitar? What song did they play?

The Dallas show was AMAZING, especially since I got to hear Place for my head :D!!!!!!! but no wretches and kings live :(

Formerly known as Cakerz

*J*
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby *J* » 05 Mar 2011 13:46

dlcramer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby dlcramer » 05 Mar 2011 13:50

Cody Lee
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cody Lee » 05 Mar 2011 15:00

I was SO HAPPY to here APFMH they stopped playing it years ago and only recently started again

I can't believe they played The Messenger live

/jealous

Formerly known as Cakerz

dlcramer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby dlcramer » 05 Mar 2011 16:47

This was our 15th or so LP show. Every concert they have played in Phoenix and a few in other states. It's amaizing how much they have changed over the years. Chester used to not really like playing his home town. He was having a great time on stage this time. I forget what song they did but Chester prefaced it with saying it was a request from back stage.

Jackie1127
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Jackie1127 » 05 Mar 2011 19:00

Absolutely love Linkin Park! They were my introduction to rock music. Hybrid Theory was the first CD I ever bought for myself, when I was a freshman in high school. I don't love MTM, and I'll always love their older stuff more, but I'll always love them for introducing me to the music I can't get enough of :music:

Julie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Julie » 07 Mar 2011 07:17

I LOVEEEE those pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

SickPuppiesFanMike91
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby SickPuppiesFanMike91 » 10 Mar 2011 08:42

Linkin Park used to be one of my all time favorite bands, but after A Thousand Suns came out I lost a lot of respect for them. I'm all for experimenting with your music, and I liked Minutes To Midnight for the most part. When I heard that A Thousand Suns would be more experimental I was a little worried, but decided I won't judge it until I hear the whole record. When I finally heard the whole record I didn't even know what to say. It was so radically different than Minutes To Midnight. There were only like 2 songs that I liked(I think). I was like this :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: for an hour trying to figure out why they changed their sound so much. IMO they should go back to the style of their 1st 2 CD's cus they were way better than MTM and ATS. I will probably buy ATS eventually just to see if I had misjudged it, but I'm pretty sure I still won't like it.(Sorry to rant on like I did.) What did you guys think of it.

Keep Rockin

summertime<3
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby summertime<3 » 10 Mar 2011 08:47

I can't remember what they sound like off the top of my head, but going by the names, I think I liked The Catalyst and Waiting For The End.

And from Minutes to Midnight..
I only know (but LOVE) Leave Out All The Rest and Shadow of the Day.

..and i'm drowning in the ashes; kicking, screaming. <3
Dubuque, IA ~ 7/26/2008
Milwaukee, WI ~ 5/21/2010
Peoria, IL ~ 12/10/2010
Waterloo, IA ~ 3/4/2011 <3
Rockford, IL ~ 5/14/2011

Platteville, WI ~ 9/5/2011

SickPuppiesFanMike91
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby SickPuppiesFanMike91 » 10 Mar 2011 08:59

Keep Rockin

Return to “Other Music You Love”