How do YOU find new music?

Share your love of music that isn't Sick Puppies here. (What?! Such a thing exists?!)
*J*
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

How do YOU find new music?

Unread postby *J* » 10 Aug 2010 11:40

I am always interested in finding new music. But usually radio stations only play the same 5 songs every day. So I go elsewhere...Sirius, Pandora, word of mouth.

Where do YOU find new music?

Burried4U
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: How do YOU find new music?

Unread postby Burried4U » 10 Aug 2010 11:53

I go online and look at sites with top songs or new music. or ratethemusic.com when im looking for sick puppies. those work for me. or when im watching movies and they have music in the background that i like, i look that up.

*J*
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby *J* » 10 Aug 2010 11:57

Burried4U
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Burried4U » 10 Aug 2010 12:00

i mostly just go into google and do like "top ___ rock songs" or other genres. but this site is pretty good

*J*
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby *J* » 10 Aug 2010 12:14

listentothemusic
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby listentothemusic » 10 Aug 2010 12:17

Last FM is nice, too.

*J*
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby *J* » 10 Aug 2010 12:21

listentothemusic
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby listentothemusic » 10 Aug 2010 12:25

patrickdron
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby patrickdron » 10 Aug 2010 12:37

I usually go to pandora to find new music, or LastFM or sometimes I'll go to Yahoo Launchcast. (infact Launchcast is how I discovered Sick Puppies)

TheEmptyAutumn999
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby TheEmptyAutumn999 » 10 Aug 2010 19:45

I usually play a video game, and TRY to get those songs on there that I like.
Usually though, I just get more music from the bands that I've already got, that I like a lot. I get the discographies from torrents. But since my 120GB iPod is full, I need to wait until I save up $250 to get 160GB iPod Classic. More music will be aquired then.

Hey.
My Favorite Color is Green.
My band is The Empty Autumn.
My Nickname is 'Tails'.
and I have but two needs to live in life to make it full.
"All I Need's A Guitar and a Girl"
~Miles 'Tails' M. of The Empty Autumn (From the lyrics of my song "Stare at the Sun")

Rose
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Rose » 12 Aug 2010 14:32

I get my music from my friend Reilly, who gets her music from her brother, who gets his music from his friends, who somhow find out about music. I do not questsion thier ways.

But i would like to point out that I got into Sick Puppies all by myself. I found out aboout them from the radio.

Portland ME, 11/26/10, Bangor ME, 7/31/11, Boston MA, 9/20/12,
Portland ME, 8/14/13

siberianknight
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby siberianknight » 16 Aug 2010 13:50

I'm usually the friend that suggests people listen to music. xD

But otherwise, Rock Band is actually a very good outlet for finding music if you have it.

If not, I've used alot of different things. Online radio stations, CD Baby, Last.fm...Just alot of different ones. A pretty neat radio station that I saw a friend listening to is Acoustic Alternative Radio.

http://loudcity.com/stations/acoustic-a ... layer.html

"You're not a judge
But if you're gonna judge me
Well, sentence me
To another life."

SoH
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby SoH » 20 Nov 2010 17:21

I usually find music through friends or the internet... :tongue:
Just looking around on youtube til I find something I like, or checking related artists in last.fm,
and music in movies that seems good I tend to check up on afterwards... How I've found a couple of my favourite bands actually :smile:

also like Spotify a lot! Has been my saviour the last year! :cool:

The water is fine xP

Speedynek
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Speedynek » 21 Nov 2010 00:30

Using Last.fm, friends suggestions, internet and concerts of course :)

Thanks to for signature!

Proud 1st Czech member and Ambassador! :D

Will I ever learn to treasure the ones I care for? Everyone leaves in the end doesn't matter how hard you hold on. Doesn't matter how much you drain your heart for.

Julie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Julie » 22 Nov 2010 18:10

Pandora, ratethemusic, general radio and honestly my friends and their suggestions. I trip over new music/bands I haven't heard before on pandora all the time. :smile: I LOVEEE hearing new music and new bands. :rock:

My theory is as such....70 year-olds of today swing dance at weddings, so at 70 we'll be moshing and head banging in walkers to Rage.

Cherrycola
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cherrycola » 23 Nov 2010 08:46

I usually go on youtube and after watching artist I like I look at the suggested music videos box on the side and they usually have pretty good artist. :wink: That's how I found SP. That or listening to the radio, myspace music, Fuse (sometimes XD) Concerts, going to the itunes site, etc.

...and if I knew all the answers I would scream them out to the world, but I don't, I'm just as lost as the rest of you.

Careful the handprint you leave on the lives you touch.

USMCJPN
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby USMCJPN » 23 Nov 2010 11:56

I've found some on Rockband. I've found a lot of the new bands I like going to shows. That's how I found SP actually.

patioumbrella
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby patioumbrella » 05 Jan 2011 12:07

My radio station is always streaming new songs every hour from local bands and well-known ones. c:
I also find music from referrals from friends and my sister. haha.

8/23/10

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 05 Jan 2011 16:55

I find it randomly. Youtube, people posting on tumblr. Other people...Found 2 more I fell in love with today. Lydia, and Kerry Leatham:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Iw96V-- ... re=related

*J*
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby *J* » 05 Jan 2011 19:32

Return to “Other Music You Love”