Tool

Share your love of music that isn't Sick Puppies here. (What?! Such a thing exists?!)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
TOOLsynesthesia
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Tool

Unread postby TOOLsynesthesia » 30 Oct 2009 22:25

So...I have yet to see a Tool thread over here (however, I'm bad at looking for things, so I could be perfectly wrong XD).

Who all likes Tool? Favorite albums/ songs/ band members? And maybe share some concert experiences, so that I can live vicariously through them...

I saw a model of the same guitar that Adam Jones has, at a local guitar expo...I had one of those "If I had $3,000..." moments :laugh: .

I tell the earth, "thanks for the hair, thanks for the skin, thanks for the bone",
Though I now slowly give it back I still appreciate the loan.

-Jeffrey Lewis

siberianknight
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: Tool

Unread postby siberianknight » 31 Oct 2009 09:48

xD Not likely, Tool isn't that big.

My favorite song I'm not even sure how to spell. I've seen it ten different ways. It's either /Enima or Anima but I have no clue which is right because no one around here sells Tool.

Only CD I was able to get ahold of ways 1o,000 Days and that's because, surprisingly, my library carried it.

"You're not a judge
But if you're gonna judge me
Well, sentence me
To another life."

TOOLsynesthesia
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby TOOLsynesthesia » 31 Oct 2009 10:14

I tell the earth, "thanks for the hair, thanks for the skin, thanks for the bone",

-Jeffrey Lewis

siberianknight
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby siberianknight » 01 Nov 2009 00:21

"You're not a judge
But if you're gonna judge me
Well, sentence me
To another life."

TOOLsynesthesia
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby TOOLsynesthesia » 01 Nov 2009 18:05

That album has some amazing (if controversial) artwork, and it's holographic or something similar :O. When my friends flip through my cd stack and come across it, they're like..."Is that what I think it is?" :laugh:

Maynard is definitely among my favorite vocalists ever. Especially in The Pot, his vocal range makes me go :surprised: . I think it makes a big difference that he uses his voice as an instrument for a soundscape, and not just for belting out lyrics. The bummer is that on the older Tool cd's, his voice isn't as well recorded (volume wise) as the other instruments.

-Jeffrey Lewis

Slivarito
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Slivarito » 05 Nov 2009 01:34

Love Tool!
I agree, he has an amazing voice, and is one of the few vocalists that actually uses his voice like an instrument. He experiments with such a large range of effects in his songs, it's great. I have all their cds, and it's hard to pick a favorite really... For songs, I really like Wings Parts 1 and 2. The songs are so well built and have so much emotion and tension. They build like a story and set up such a lasting impression. The apocalyptic scene it describes in 10,000 Days is emphisized by the noises of the growing storm in the background and the steady increase in intensity of the instruments... it's pure genius; plus it's cool to loop the two together because they create a continuous loop, completely awesome.

LET'S DO THIS!!!

TOOLsynesthesia
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby TOOLsynesthesia » 09 Nov 2009 17:45

:rock: Yeahhh man, Wings for Marie is musical genuis squared. I've never looped them together though (now I'll have to try that!). When Wings is over, I end up feeling a little bereft :crazy: . I'm not sure if I have a definite favorite album, because I love them all for different reasons. I listen to Lateralus and 10,000 Days the most, though. All of the songs are so honest...

I love Maynard's vocals in Wings and AEnima the most (usually), but guitar-wise, I really like Vicarious, Right In Two, Stinkfist, and Ticks and Leeches. I change my mind a lot, though XD.

-Jeffrey Lewis

Becky
Founder
Founder
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby Becky » 09 Nov 2009 18:00

Slivarito
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Slivarito » 09 Nov 2009 18:46

Yeah Tool is huge here too lol. But yeah, Wings is an amazing compelation, and I love how it's about his mother, that's awesome. Yeah for sure, you reach the climax of the song, and it seems to come out of nowhere, even though it's been building for like 8 minutes lol, it just hits you and it's kinda freaky. Then it concludes, and you feel... well weird, just odd lol; it's like you want to know more, but you are kind of afraid of it. It's amazing :evillaugh:

LET'S DO THIS!!!

RowdyJayJay
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby RowdyJayJay » 16 Dec 2009 17:27

Tool might not be that big in some places, but they should be. Everybody always gives props to Maynard, as they rightfully should, but how about Danny Carey on the drums! This guy is Top 5 drummers of all time easily! If you doubt his skills just listen to Ticks & Leeches! He puts the kick ass in the kick drum and his timing is impeccable. He is seriously every bit as good as Neil Peart from Rush and Bonzo from Zep.

Jay

"When I die, I hope they don't cremate me 'cuz I'll burn forever."
Harry Caray circa 1983

Crazzzy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Crazzzy » 16 Dec 2009 22:15

My Third Favorite Concert ever was Tool at the Scottrade Center here in St. Louis for their Lareralus tour (#1 was seeing Stone Temple Pilots, my favorite band, and #2 was my first concert I ever saw, Rage Against the Machine)
Last edited by Crazzzy on 09 Mar 2011 15:29, edited 1 time in total.

Check out my band

Cody Lee
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cody Lee » 16 Dec 2009 23:29

"An idea is like a virus, resilient, highly contagious. The smallest seed of an idea can grow. It can grow to define, or destroy you."
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
Formerly known as Cakerz

TOOLsynesthesia
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby TOOLsynesthesia » 18 Jan 2010 17:38

The one time in the last 2 years that they came to town, I was 5 states away. :wall:

Danny Carey is a drumming god, in my opinion. I sit and listen to him on the drums for hours. Explaining why one of my all-time favorite songs is Reflection. And the time signature changes in Rosetta Stoned...Face melting. To me, anyways.

Suffice to say that all members of Tool are magnificent and innovative musicians and my idols on their respective instruments :D .

-Jeffrey Lewis

Kodie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Kodie » 18 Jan 2010 19:10

TOOL is a great band! I remember one time my sis was part of mounted security at Bonaroo. TOOL was headlining it that year and she just HAD to call and rub it in haha. She was like "Guess who's on stage?" and I heard Schism in the background. I was like "I hate you!" Haha thought I'd share that agonizing moment..

Fear is the dumbest thing that we've ever created in our minds; its just so stupid... it stands in the way of everything and it achieves nothing.

officialjlox
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby officialjlox » 07 Feb 2010 11:49

Tool is probably one of my top 3 all time favorite bands, and one of the biggest influences on my bass playing. Justin Chancellor (current bassist, played on Aenima thru 10k days) I actually think is fairly similar to Emma as far as overall style. Justin uses a TON more effects, and doesn't slap, but he has that same kind of "lead bass" thing that emma as going. Similar tone in some songs as well.

Glad to see there are some tool fans here.

Add Me!
Twitter: JLockhartMusic
Youtube: JLockhartMusic

SickPuppiesFanMike91
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby SickPuppiesFanMike91 » 09 Mar 2011 12:50

I am a HUGE Tool fan. The only CD I have is 10,000 Days(which was awesome) but i will end up with the rest somehow. I think they are one of the best bands of all time. :rock: :rock: :rock:

Keep Rockin

dulcecorazon98
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Tool

Unread postby dulcecorazon98 » 05 Jul 2012 18:30

I have been listening to Tool lately, I forgot how much I love their music! My favorite songs are Schism, Sober, Vicarious! There's so many great songs by them! :cool:

LunaiStar
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby LunaiStar » 21 Sep 2012 07:10

Ohdearheavens. Tool is one of my many faves!
I feel terrible that I only have Lateralus and 10000 Days... I really do want AEnima (still undecided on whether I want Undertow) but it's hard to find (even in Best Buy, which would most likely carry the ones I already have - at least for me)

I've never been one to walk alone, I've always been scared to try. - Sick Puppies, "Maybe"

dulcecorazon98
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby dulcecorazon98 » 14 Oct 2012 18:13

They are an amazing band and one of the best concerts I have ever been to! :smile: I heard that they are working on a new album but I haven't heard much about it... :/

Snowmonkies
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Snowmonkies » 14 Oct 2012 18:58

Hedgehogs for days

Return to “Other Music You Love”