Breaking Benjamin

Share your love of music that isn't Sick Puppies here. (What?! Such a thing exists?!)
User avatar
Snowmonkies
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
Posts: 678
Joined: 22 Aug 2011 17:56

Re: Breaking Benjamin

Unread postby Snowmonkies » 08 Oct 2013 13:05

Man I really hope they work everything out and manage to make something new soon. I'm not a super-huge fan of theirs, but I do kinda miss them!
Haven't heard the remix of Blow Me Away, but I have heard the version with Valora which is pretty great. Youtubed the remix out of curiosity, and either it was so poorly recieved that it's gone, or new youtube is still being a pain in the butt about searching songs.


Hedgehogs for days

Myst
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
Posts: 582
Joined: 09 Feb 2010 08:03
Location: Burlington, Vermont
Contact:

Re: Breaking Benjamin

Unread postby Myst » 12 Oct 2013 05:26

Snowmonkies wrote:Man I really hope they work everything out and manage to make something new soon. I'm not a super-huge fan of theirs, but I do kinda miss them!
Haven't heard the remix of Blow Me Away, but I have heard the version with Valora which is pretty great. Youtubed the remix out of curiosity, and either it was so poorly recieved that it's gone, or new youtube is still being a pain in the butt about searching songs.


The remix is the Valora version, hehe.
I don't think it's terrible, but I don't like it personally just because I love the original version so much.


Image
ImageImage
Image

User avatar
sickpuppiesfan247
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
Posts: 15
Joined: 05 Oct 2013 17:23
Location: Saskatchewan,Canada

Re: Breaking Benjamin

Unread postby sickpuppiesfan247 » 29 Oct 2013 20:24



Concerts I have attended:
Hilary Duff - 2006
John Mayer - 2010
Marianas Trench - 2011 & 2013
Maroon 5 & Train - 2011
Nickelback - 2012
Our Lady Peace - 2012
Simple Plan - 2012
Little Big Town - 2013
Ziggy Marley - 2013
Jimmie Vaughan - 2013
Pierce the Veil & A Day to Remember - 2013

User avatar
rbell2915
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
Posts: 12
Joined: 10 Mar 2011 17:48
Location: Montgomery, Illinois

Re: Breaking Benjamin

Unread postby rbell2915 » 16 Feb 2014 12:45

Myst wrote:
Snowmonkies wrote:Man I really hope they work everything out and manage to make something new soon. I'm not a super-huge fan of theirs, but I do kinda miss them!
Haven't heard the remix of Blow Me Away, but I have heard the version with Valora which is pretty great. Youtubed the remix out of curiosity, and either it was so poorly recieved that it's gone, or new youtube is still being a pain in the butt about searching songs.


The remix is the Valora version, hehe.
I don't think it's terrible, but I don't like it personally just because I love the original version so much.


I personally thought the remix was complete trash. I see why Ben kicked Aaron and Mark out after that disaster. Good songs should never be remixed. I miss them so much, haven't listened to them in forever...


07/13/2011 Great America, Gurnee, Illinois
03/01/2014 Mojoes, Joliet, Illinois

User avatar
C-Jay
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
Posts: 21
Joined: 23 Feb 2014 12:13

Re: Breaking Benjamin

Unread postby C-Jay » 19 Aug 2014 16:38

Breaking Benjamin are finally coming back. Granted, with a new lineup. I, for one, can't wait. I seen them with the Sick Puppies and Adelitas Way a few years ago. One of the best shows I've ever seen, from start to finish.



User avatar
taylorelaines13
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
Posts: 9
Joined: 05 Aug 2014 22:14

BREAKING BENJAMIN IS BACK

Unread postby taylorelaines13 » 19 Aug 2014 19:58

As of two hours ago breaking Ben is back! THANK GOD. :rock:
Ive never seen them live and now I'll finally have the chance too.
What are their concerts like? I hear the hype is insane!


hey, it's gonna be okay

User avatar
C-Jay
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
Posts: 21
Joined: 23 Feb 2014 12:13

Re: BREAKING BENJAMIN IS BACK

Unread postby C-Jay » 19 Aug 2014 20:05

I've seen them 3 times, and when they come back around, there will be a 4th time. If they're anything like how they were before, you will not be disappointed. It is a new lineup, other than Ben Burnley, so, we'll see.



User avatar
Heather
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7208
Joined: 26 Aug 2008 01:26
Location: Memphis, TN
Contact:

Re: Breaking Benjamin

Unread postby Heather » 19 Aug 2014 22:18

I'm excited that they are coming back! I'm also happy to hear that Keith Wallen who used to be with Adelitas Way is now in the band.

I've seen them 2 or 3 times and they were great live!


~Heather

Image
Image
Ambassador of the Year 2016


08-15-08: New Orleans 08-16-08: Tupelo 04-18-09: Nashville 10-14-09: Little Rock 10-23-09: Nashville 04-22-10: Jackson 07-13-10: Memphis 08-11-10: Little Rock 09-10-10: Nashville 04-30-11: Memphis 09-20-13: Little Rock 09-27-13: Nashville 03-25-17: Clarksville

Myst
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
Posts: 582
Joined: 09 Feb 2010 08:03
Location: Burlington, Vermont
Contact:

Re: Breaking Benjamin

Unread postby Myst » 24 Aug 2014 13:50

I'm pretty excited about this as well! I've liked this band for ages. I've only gotten to see them live once, and it was wayyyy back in 2007 with Three Days Grace. (I still have the tour date tees from that tour for both bands, haha). It was a great show!


Image
ImageImage
Image

User avatar
SPFanMentorOH89
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
Posts: 110
Joined: 03 Mar 2014 08:22
Location: Mentor on the Lake, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Breaking Benjamin

Unread postby SPFanMentorOH89 » 27 Aug 2014 01:09

All I have to say is that I am super duper excited I could squeal at the idea that they are coming back :)


Image


.::I Won't Justify::.
.::The Way I Live My Life::.

Fan Since:: 2009

Concerts::
2014.03.01, Joliet, IL @ Mojoes
2014.03.08, Louisville, KY

(Hope to get to more concerts soon~!)

User avatar
jackvegas
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
Posts: 367
Joined: 22 Apr 2014 04:36
Location: Nottingham

Re: Breaking Benjamin

Unread postby jackvegas » 28 Aug 2014 12:46

This is encouraging me to get back into them, yay



User avatar
sheffie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
Posts: 85
Joined: 17 Aug 2013 05:42
Location: Stratford, CT

Re: Breaking Benjamin

Unread postby sheffie » 30 Aug 2014 22:05

Yes! Yes! Yes! Love Breaking Benjamin! :crazy:


. . . just my fuel for my fire.

Image

Myst
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
Posts: 582
Joined: 09 Feb 2010 08:03
Location: Burlington, Vermont
Contact:

Re: Breaking Benjamin

Unread postby Myst » 26 Nov 2014 11:10

Bit late with this... but I got to go see them on that short little unplugged tour they did back in October. This was the first show of the tour, in upstate NY. Such an amazing night! No opener, just BB. They did something like 25 songs I believe?

I did find it rather funny though... Ben was throwing guitar picks into the crowd like candy all through the show. I got one of them. Looked at it after, and they were from the guitarist Jasen's previous band, Red, haha. Wish it was a BB pick!


Opening with So Cold. I go to this venue all the time... can't remember the last time I heard the crowd this loud singing along.


Polyamorous, my favorite BB song.


Blow Me Away


Image
ImageImage
Image

User avatar
Heather
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7208
Joined: 26 Aug 2008 01:26
Location: Memphis, TN
Contact:

Re: Breaking Benjamin

Unread postby Heather » 08 Mar 2015 01:15

Breaking Benjamin is coming to Beale Street Music Festival this year! :rock:


~Heather

Image
Image
Ambassador of the Year 2016


08-15-08: New Orleans 08-16-08: Tupelo 04-18-09: Nashville 10-14-09: Little Rock 10-23-09: Nashville 04-22-10: Jackson 07-13-10: Memphis 08-11-10: Little Rock 09-10-10: Nashville 04-30-11: Memphis 09-20-13: Little Rock 09-27-13: Nashville 03-25-17: Clarksville

User avatar
Julie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
Posts: 3956
Joined: 21 Oct 2009 22:26

Re: Breaking Benjamin

Unread postby Julie » 31 Aug 2015 20:19

Just saw Breaking Benjamin again this weekend. One of the better shows I've seen from them. LOVE the new album. Failure is among my favorite songs.


My theory is as such....70 year-olds of today swing dance at weddings, so at 70 we'll be moshing and head banging in walkers to Rage.

User avatar
vegawriters
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 776
Joined: 08 Sep 2014 17:18
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Contact:

Re: Breaking Benjamin

Unread postby vegawriters » 31 Aug 2015 20:34

Julie wrote:Just saw Breaking Benjamin again this weekend. One of the better shows I've seen from them. LOVE the new album. Failure is among my favorite songs.


They're here with Shinedown in October. I've seen Shinedown but never BB and I can't frikkin wait. :crazy:


Pick up a pen and fight a war for the right to dream.
- Live/The Sanctity of Dreams

Shows
March 12, 2014/HCIRT/SLC, UT

Image
Image

Image

User avatar
Julie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
Posts: 3956
Joined: 21 Oct 2009 22:26

Re: Breaking Benjamin

Unread postby Julie » 05 Sep 2015 13:36

vegawriters wrote:They're here with Shinedown in October. I've seen Shinedown but never BB and I can't frikkin wait. :crazy:

That's awesome! Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
The new line-up is good and they were great live. It's always been on/off on how well they've done live (for me), but I'm a huge fan of the current line-up and I'm really happy to see them back. :smile:


My theory is as such....70 year-olds of today swing dance at weddings, so at 70 we'll be moshing and head banging in walkers to Rage.

User avatar
vegawriters
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 776
Joined: 08 Sep 2014 17:18
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Contact:

Re: Breaking Benjamin

Unread postby vegawriters » 05 Sep 2015 13:40

Julie wrote:
vegawriters wrote:They're here with Shinedown in October. I've seen Shinedown but never BB and I can't frikkin wait. :crazy:

That's awesome! Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
The new line-up is good and they were great live. It's always been on/off on how well they've done live (for me), but I'm a huge fan of the current line-up and I'm really happy to see them back. :smile:


BB is one of those bands that I put the albums on and I can write to them all day long. I can't wait to see how that plays off live. :)


Pick up a pen and fight a war for the right to dream.
- Live/The Sanctity of Dreams

Shows
March 12, 2014/HCIRT/SLC, UT

Image
Image

Image

User avatar
Julie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
Posts: 3956
Joined: 21 Oct 2009 22:26

Re: Breaking Benjamin

Unread postby Julie » 05 Sep 2015 13:43

vegawriters wrote:BB is one of those bands that I put the albums on and I can write to them all day long.

Nice! Same here, except it's artwork loan contract generating or moving/packing artwork in a gallery. When I have students working with me at that time I call it music education. :laugh:


My theory is as such....70 year-olds of today swing dance at weddings, so at 70 we'll be moshing and head banging in walkers to Rage.

User avatar
vegawriters
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 776
Joined: 08 Sep 2014 17:18
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Contact:

Re: Breaking Benjamin

Unread postby vegawriters » 05 Sep 2015 14:01

Julie wrote:
vegawriters wrote:BB is one of those bands that I put the albums on and I can write to them all day long.

Nice! Same here, except it's artwork loan contract generating or moving/packing artwork in a gallery. When I have students working with me at that time I call it music education. :laugh:


That is so awesome. And true.

So you work in a gallery then? I was raised in one. My mom did grants and programming for a non-profit one here when I was a kid. Still love it.


Pick up a pen and fight a war for the right to dream.
- Live/The Sanctity of Dreams

Shows
March 12, 2014/HCIRT/SLC, UT

Image
Image

Image


Return to “Other Music You Love”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest