Favorite Band/Albums

Share your love of music that isn't Sick Puppies here. (What?! Such a thing exists?!)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
MarkJ1994
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Favorite Band/Albums

Unread postby MarkJ1994 » 30 Jan 2014 19:05

What is your favorite band (other than SP) and why. Also what is you favorite album and/or songs?

Mine favorite bands would be: Shinedown, Halestorm, Skillet.
Favorite albums would be: Sound of Madness, Rise, Awake and Alive
Favorite songs: Ill Follow You, Heres to Us, Forgiven, Sick of It.

That is some of mine, whats yours?

Markj1994

Shows been to:
October 1, 2013~ Orlando, FL House of Blues
April 26, 2014- Fort Myers, FL.
April 27, 2014- Jacksonville, FL
August 3, 2014- Louisville, Kentucky

Salvera
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Favorite Band/Albums

Unread postby Salvera » 03 Feb 2014 01:04

Favorite Bands: There are a lot.... Rammstein, Subway to Sally, Oomph! (3 german Bands), Skillet, Thousand Foot Krutch, Trapt, Papa Roach, Rise Against, 3 Doors Down, The Offspring, Volbeat, Breaking Benjamin

Favorite Albums from these bands: Sehnsucht (Rammstein), Herzblut (Subway to Sally), Monster (Oomph!), Rise (Skillet), The End is Where We Begin (TFK), Trapt (Trapt), The Paramour Session (Papa Roach), Endgame (Rise Against), Away from the sun (3 Doors Down), Conspiracy of one (The Offspring), Guitar Gangsters and Cadillac Blood (Volbeat), Phobia (Breaking Benjamin)
Favorite Songs: Engel (Rammstein), Veitstanz (Subway to Sally), Auf Kurs and Bitter (On Course - Oomph!), Sick of It (Skillet), The End Is Where We Begin (TFK), Enigma (Trapt), Make It Stop (Rise Against), Kryptonite (3 Doors Down), Self Esteem (The Offspring), We, Counting, 16 dollars (Volbeat), Diary of Jane, I will not bow (Breaking Benjamin)

StephSCO
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby StephSCO » 13 Feb 2014 14:50

My favorite bands are: Queen, Spandau Ballet, Scorpions, Newsboys, Daughtry, Midnight Oil, and Crowded House. My favorite albums from these bands are pretty much any of them, especially A Kind of Magic by Queen (which was really a backdoor soundtrack to Highlander). If I had to pick a favorite video from any of them, however, it would be Spandau's Live at the O2 concert. Seeing Tony and the boys together again after all the crap they'd been through was a heck of a rush. :love:

rbell2915
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby rbell2915 » 17 Feb 2014 19:51

Right now I'm into metalcore so my favorites are The Devil Wears Prada, Escape the Fate, Eyes Set to Kill, Crown the Empire, Memphis May Fire, Of Mice & Men, and A Skylit Drive.

My other favorites include Breaking Benjamin, Staind, Skillet, Avenged Sevenfold, and Decyfer Down. Sadly, I haven't listened to Sick Puppies a lot ever since Connect came out.

My favorite albums (non-SP related): The Hollow, Phobia, With Roots Above and Branches Below, Restoring Force, Escape the Fate (self-titled), and Identity on Fire. <3

07/13/2011 Great America, Gurnee, Illinois
03/01/2014 Mojoes, Joliet, Illinois

Rose
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Rose » 17 Feb 2014 20:26

Not including Sick Puppies
My favorite bands would be: Fall Out Boy, A Day to Remember, Rise Against and Panic at the Disco
Favorite albums would be: Tourist History by Two Door Cinema Club, From Under the Cork Tree by Fall Out Boy and Common Courtesy by ADTR
Favorite songs: How to Be a Heart Breaker by Marina and the Diamonds, GINSFS by FOB, and Catastrophe by Four Years Strong

Portland ME, 11/26/10, Bangor ME, 7/31/11, Boston MA, 9/20/12,
Portland ME, 8/14/13

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 18 Feb 2014 14:53

Ugh the new Fall Out Boy and Panic! at the Disco albums are amazing. In love with the new Paramore as well.

Some favorite bands/artists of mine at the moment are Gabrielle Aplin, Gin Wigmore, Tegan and Sara, Go Radio (although they just broke up) and Echosmith. Aaaand Charming Liars...haha

Speedynek
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Speedynek » 19 Feb 2014 05:46

I'm so lazy to write all of them :laugh:

Thanks to for signature!

Proud 1st Czech member and Ambassador! :D

Will I ever learn to treasure the ones I care for? Everyone leaves in the end doesn't matter how hard you hold on. Doesn't matter how much you drain your heart for.

Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Dana » 19 Feb 2014 07:40

Charming Liars EP - New Disorder
Paramore - Paramore
Echosmith - Talking Dreams
30stm - Love Lust Faith Dreams

to name a few

#2017ForDavid :sp:

Cissilini87
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cissilini87 » 19 Feb 2014 10:18

Favorite bands other than SP: Foo Fighters, Volbeat, In Flames, Shinedown
Favorite Albums: Wasting Light (Foo Fighters), Sound of Madness (Shinedown)
Favorite Songs: I Should Have Known (Foo Fighters), Still Counting (Volbeat), Where The Dead Ships Dwell (In Flames), The Crow and the Butterfly (Shinedown)

.::The future I'm living now::.
.::Is not what I'd thought it'd be::.
.::The person I was before::.
.::Is nothing like me::.
.::The future I'm living now::.
.::Is the way I want it to be::.
.::The minute I walk through the door::.
.::I slam it behind me::.

CoasterJake
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby CoasterJake » 04 Mar 2014 19:53

Favorite Bands and Respective Albums:

Sick Puppies - DUAL, Tri-Polar, Connect (duh)
Blink 182 - Enema of the State
Honor by August - Found
The Starting Line - Say It Like You Mean It
Alkaline Trio - Crimson
My Chemical Romance - Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge
Angels & Airwaves - Love Pt. 1
Bowling For Soup - A Hangover You Don't Deserve
Neon Trees - Habits
Yellowcard - Ocean Avenue

HONORABLE MENTION

Demi Lovato - Unbroken <3

UCF Knights c/o 2014 :)

Shows so far (getting started :P):
12/03/10
6/6/11
9/25/12
6/19/13; 6/21/13; 7/16/13; 9/15/13; 9/17/13; 12/14/13
3/6/14; 4/26/14; 4/27/14
4/23/16; 4/24/16

SPFanMentorOH89
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby SPFanMentorOH89 » 10 Mar 2014 08:44

This is always hard for me to list everyone I am into musically, so I will try my best:

Sick Puppies; Lacuna Coil; Eyes Set to Kill ; Cilver ; 30 Seconds to Mars
Linkin Park ; Apocolyptica ; Avril Lavigne ; Boyce Avenue ; Breaking Benjamin
Dead By April ; Within Temptation ; Ellie Goulding ; Hinder ; "The band that shall not be named"
I:Scintilla ; Lady Antebellum ; Like A Storm ; Michael Buble
Nickelback ; Otherwise ; Puddle of Mudd ; RED ; Skillet; Spineshank
System of a Down ; The Cruxshadows ; The Used ; Three Days Grace
Trapt ; Zedd ; Zendaya Lindsey Stirling; Taylor Swift;
Eminem; Rascal Flatts; Stealing Eden; Disturbed; Slipknot; Ego Likeness; Maroon 5; Katy Perry; Rhianna ; Pink; Justin Timberlake; Usher; Evanescence; Train; Demi Lovato; One Direction; The Wanted; Tego Calderon; Wisin Y Yandel
Paramore; Cyrogen Second; Ground to Dust;

I am sure there are more I am missing but this is what I mostly listen to.

mike03car
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby mike03car » 30 Mar 2014 23:04

BAND: Motley Crue
ALBUM: Shout At The Devil
Song: Girls, Girls, Girls (title track of that album)

My fave five of ALL time in my 48 years:
Motley Crue, Aerosmith, KISS, Nickelback, AC/DC

6-10:
Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Van Halen

Note that nearly all above are either no longer producing albums or are past their prime, thus I have a different category for favorites of CURRENT era, but no particular order:

Aranda, Lacuna Coil, Sick Puppies, Halestorm, Evanescence, Nickelback (yes, again), Volbeat, Avenged Sevenfold, Five Finger Death Punch, Battle Beast.

Heather

Unread postby Heather » 16 May 2014 02:24

I thought for sure I had posted in here!

After Sick Puppies, my very fav bands are: Adelitas Way, Three Days Grace, and Shinedown.

Fav albums by those bands: Adelitas Way, One-X, Sound of Madness

Fav songs: Scream, Never Too Late & Painkiller, I Dare You & Enemies

~Heather

08-15-08: New Orleans 08-16-08: Tupelo 04-18-09: Nashville 10-14-09: Little Rock 10-23-09: Nashville 04-22-10: Jackson 07-13-10: Memphis 08-11-10: Little Rock 09-10-10: Nashville 04-30-11: Memphis 09-20-13: Little Rock 09-27-13: Nashville 03-25-17: Clarksville

jackvegas
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby jackvegas » 16 May 2014 11:34

Pretty much my taste is this -

Cora

Unread postby Cora » 16 May 2014 11:37

Wait wait wait! There's other bands?!

Jk ;)

Shinedown, Halestorm, Theory of a Deadman, Nickelback (I know, I'm awful) and, and, and......SO MANY!

I'm also a huge nerd and LOOOOOOVE Rod Stewart. Sweet Little Rock'n'Roller will always be one of my favorite of his songs, along with the Atlantic Crossing and Smiler albums. :)

But Sick Puppies will always be on top. :) :) :)

:rock: :rock: :rock:
Last edited by Cora on 29 May 2014 17:01, edited 1 time in total.

Proud TL of the Webcast Team!
#2016ForDavid :sp: Always in our hearts

TedEBare1970
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby TedEBare1970 » 29 May 2014 16:53

I have a huge fondness for Disturbed "Inside the Fire", 5 FDP "Lift Me UP" and "The Bleeding". The reason is they have a lot to say, specifically Ivan Moody and David Draman overcame the tragedy of suicides in their personal lives, and as far as "Lift Me Up" is concerned, it has become a personal anthem of mine as I have overcome a great deal of obstacles in my life as well, and just goes to show that persistence and strength are the keys to survival in this world. :rock:

Return to “Other Music You Love”