Careless Whisper

Share your love of music that isn't Sick Puppies here. (What?! Such a thing exists?!)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
OddOneSickPup
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Careless Whisper

Unread postby OddOneSickPup » 06 May 2014 00:18

With the giant s**t storm that is "The band that shall not be named" I just realized that my Facebook url is still "CarelessWhisper150" because at the time of FB urls my favorite cover was "The band that shall not be named"'s cover of George Michaels. Now that I know what asshats they truly are I wish I had made a better decision. Shaun can kiss my ass!!

What's inside of me is invisible to most, even in clear view! <3

jackvegas
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Careless Whisper

Unread postby jackvegas » 06 May 2014 11:21

What is the issue with them? I'm seeing them in June and can't wait.

OddOneSickPup
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby OddOneSickPup » 06 May 2014 11:31

During the Triple Threat tour they were dicks to SP , so they left with 5 dates remaining. Shaun tweeted mean things about them and then he directly insulted some of the World Crew ambassadors. They rip off other bands, they refuse to play with local bands, they suck live because they don't put anything into the performances and they're just not good people and the word is finally starting to spread. Loudwire posted a "big announcement from "The band that shall not be named"" that ended up being a new album but all of the comments were disappointed that it wasn't them announcing their break up. They're just unkind.

jackvegas
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby jackvegas » 06 May 2014 12:27

Wow I never realised any of that and completely uncalled for, that has put me off them a bit I must say. They never get much press in the UK.

OddOneSickPup
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby OddOneSickPup » 06 May 2014 12:31

There are a lot of people referring to them as the "new Nickelback" and the "douchier Nickelback" so there's that. Lol

Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Dana » 06 May 2014 13:06

Even before the triple threat tour incident I wasn't a "The band that shall not be named" fan and have never liked shaun. I don't think people who like their music should shouldn't like it anymore just because of what happened. Some people are just fans of the music not the musicians. That being said I would question your musical taste if you like "The band that shall not be named" :laugh:
Who made it so whenever you type "The band that shall not be named" it changes it to "The band that shall not be named"

#2017ForDavid :sp:

OddOneSickPup
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby OddOneSickPup » 06 May 2014 13:19

I agree. If that's your thing and you don't mind supporting mean people then go ahead. Just keep it away from me! And I like "the band who shall not be named" I may have to start calling Shaun "Voldemort" lol

jackvegas
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby jackvegas » 06 May 2014 13:42

I am a fan of music but people and personalities will also play a part in it. As I said I never knew any of this as they don't get much press in the UK. Plus I am seeing them at a festival so not directly paying them

OddOneSickPup
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby OddOneSickPup » 06 May 2014 16:24

Oh okay fun! Festivals are always a great time! Have fun!

jackvegas
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby jackvegas » 08 May 2014 10:24

Thank you I hope I do :smile:

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 08 May 2014 15:47

I've always hated "The band that shall not be named" and Shaun about as much as NB. Everything that I've ever learned/heard about them has just made it worse...

Plus obviously the only worthwhile cover of that song is the one that All Time Low and Juliet Simms did. Duh.

OddOneSickPup
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby OddOneSickPup » 08 May 2014 17:39

It's so true! It is an error I shall live with until Facebook let's me change my url. Lol

Return to “Other Music You Love”