The Simpsons

Seen a great movie? A horrible one? Addicted to a tv show? Tell us about it.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

The Simpsons

Unread postby Serge » 06 Sep 2008 20:51

Another show I'm surprised there's no thread about! I grew up watching this show and I think it is one of the smartest, funniest, most addicting shows of all time! (well, maybe not so much the recent seasons lol)

....and according to Bill Lawrence (creator of Scrubs, my current fave TV show) The Simpsons was pretty much the inspiration to Scrubs, so more reason to love both =P

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

Stephanie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: The Simpsons

Unread postby Stephanie » 06 Sep 2008 20:54

Aye, I grew up watching this too. Though I liked it as a kid the novelty has been worn away and it rarely gets a chuckle from me anymore. I much prefer Futurama. :cool:

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 06 Sep 2008 21:00

I actually found a site that streams every single episode (I got tired of the same ones being played TV and I don't have enough monies to buy it on DVD), so I've been watching episodes I hadn't seen in ages. Hilarious lol

I've been watching all the Treehouse of Horror ones and came across one of my favorite scenes of all time:

::Zombie Flanders walks up to the family::

Z.Flanders: Hey, Homer. I'm feeling a might peckish. Mind if I chew your ear?

::Homer blasts him away with a shotgun::

Kids: Dad! You killed the zombie Flanders.
Homer: He was a zombie?

:laugh:

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

Stephanie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Stephanie » 06 Sep 2008 21:19

^ :laugh: YES! Ah, the good ol' times....Gotta love the Homer/Flanders interactions.

I remember back when Sideshow Bob came around in the show (mind you, I was quite little then), and he scared the hell out of me. I know I had many sleepless nights way back when. Man, I hated that guy. :cry:

Itchy and Scratchy (as horrible as it was), was always something I looked forward to in the episodes. :laugh: I always ended up mad though, because at one point I would've liked Scratchy to win.

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 06 Sep 2008 21:27

Return to “Movies & TV Shows”