Lord of the Rings

Seen a great movie? A horrible one? Addicted to a tv show? Tell us about it.
jlove
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Lord of the Rings

Unread postby jlove » 28 Apr 2008 12:58

I agree, Nikki. I am fully faithfull in Del Toro's ability. But you just can't top Mr. Peter Jackson.

Now, forgive my ignorance, I haven't read the books, "The Hobbit" follows Bilbo Baggins right? Are there any other characters from LOTR in the Hobbit besides Bilbo and Gandalf? Legolas is an elf and therefore he is Immortal, was he "born" before or during the Hobbit? What about Galadriel, Arwen, Elrond, or maybe even Haldir?

Once again, forgive my ignorance, I am sorry.
Last edited by jlove on 28 Apr 2008 13:04, edited 1 time in total.

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Lord of the Rings

Unread postby Serge » 28 Apr 2008 15:04

I dunno, Del Toro's very VERY imaginative and innovative, I think he could easily match, if not, top Peter Jackson. But anywho, Jackson is Executive Producing the film, so we know it's gonna be 110% ace!

.....I'm just a little curious about its sequel.

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

hshiau
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Lord of the Rings

Unread postby hshiau » 28 Apr 2008 19:30

jlove

Lord of the Rings

Unread postby jlove » 29 Apr 2008 08:25

That's kind of what I assumed, that the elves were all in existence, they just weren't in The Hobbit. Thanks a lot for the info.

frodolover36
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Lord of the Rings

Unread postby frodolover36 » 29 Apr 2008 09:01

The name's Nikki

"I don't consider myself a guitarist, or even a vocalist for that matter, I'm a rockstar."
~Shimon Moore

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Lord of the Rings

Unread postby Serge » 29 Apr 2008 14:40

lol see, it's all gonna work out fine :D

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

frodolover36
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Lord of the Rings

Unread postby frodolover36 » 29 Apr 2008 22:08

yeah it is. i just dont know if i can wait til 2010!!!

o! and we have Fran Walsh too!! o we'll be fine! no prob. its gunna be awesome

The name's Nikki

"I don't consider myself a guitarist, or even a vocalist for that matter, I'm a rockstar."
~Shimon Moore

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Lord of the Rings

Unread postby Serge » 01 May 2008 03:44

It'll probably be worth the wait :D

frodolover36
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Lord of the Rings

Unread postby frodolover36 » 02 May 2008 09:25

o yeah definitely. its just so far away....

The name's Nikki

~Shimon Moore

frodolover36
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Lord of the Rings

Unread postby frodolover36 » 05 May 2008 22:53

so me and my friends rented the golden compass tonight. and in the previews there was like a 5 minute (if not longer) preview of LOTR. just showing clips from all 3 movies, in movie order. and i thought it might've had something to do with the hobbit. it didnt!!! it was nothing!! it was there just to be there! lol. it was driving me nuts.

but it made me and my friends want to do another marathon lol.

ive done like 3 so far in my life. lol all day LOTR extended editions. thats like 12 hours of awesomeness. thats always a good time

The name's Nikki

~Shimon Moore

jlove

Lord of the Rings

Unread postby jlove » 06 May 2008 09:34

Yea, around here, when Return Of The King Came out, they showed all three back to back to back in the theaters, extended versions too, I think they only did it once and I missed it :(

frodolover36
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Lord of the Rings

Unread postby frodolover36 » 06 May 2008 09:44

yeah i think they did it around here too. but i missed it also. bummer. im kinda hoping that when the Hobbit comes out that they will do it again lol

The name's Nikki

~Shimon Moore

jlove

Lord of the Rings

Unread postby jlove » 06 May 2008 10:07

That wold be sweet, they should do all three LOTR's then show The Hobbit....... or The Hobbit first since it happened before LOTR. Either way I would go, I dont even care, I would go alone.
Last edited by jlove on 06 May 2008 10:10, edited 1 time in total.

frodolover36
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Lord of the Rings

Unread postby frodolover36 » 06 May 2008 10:12

lol. i'd go too! but id drag someone with me. ive got some friends who are into LOTR. not as much as i am tho lol

The name's Nikki

~Shimon Moore

frodolover36
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: Lord of the Rings

Unread postby frodolover36 » 20 Aug 2008 13:19

right now i am in the midst of a LOTR marathon. me and my friend dillon are watching all of the extended edtions in a row... all day lol. im so excited!!!! i love these movies so much!

The name's Nikki

~Shimon Moore

nicolenice
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby nicolenice » 21 Aug 2008 04:43

I saw the previews for them today and it made me want to watch them but they just take too loooooong to every watch all 3 in one day.

frodolover36
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby frodolover36 » 21 Aug 2008 09:35

yeah its about 12 hours lol. thats only because we do the extended editions that are all at least a half hour longer than the normal ones. but if you start around 10 like we try to then its not that bad

The name's Nikki

~Shimon Moore

nicolenice
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby nicolenice » 21 Aug 2008 11:55

^^^^^12 hours of sitting there just watching tv. I would probably go crazy. :crazy:

Unless you do stuff like act it out too. :laugh:

frodolover36
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby frodolover36 » 21 Aug 2008 23:47

well we'll take a break between movies and stuff like that. and i actually have a trivia game and we'll ask questions during the movies lol

The name's Nikki

~Shimon Moore

nicolenice
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby nicolenice » 22 Aug 2008 14:45

^^^^Did you guys have fun :cool:

Return to “Movies & TV Shows”