Let The Right One In

Seen a great movie? A horrible one? Addicted to a tv show? Tell us about it.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Let The Right One In

Unread postby Serge » 21 Jul 2009 23:49

The cover below says it all. It was amazing, I really can't think of a fair way to describe/review it yet: It's beautiful, thought provoking, so wrong yet so right, captivating, compelling, brilliant, lovely, haunting, psychological, philosophical (it can be, yes), sad, romantic, original, unique, fresh story-line, and the ambiance is out of this world. It's a shame mainstream films aren't remotely as great as this, I pity our society :(
(Stephenie Meyer should be ashamed! she's merely a sexually frustrated weirdo with minimal creativity)

It's in Swedish (w/ English captions) but I HIGHLY recommend it; I was so enthralled by it I didn't even notice most of the time. It can be a little slow at times, but it picks up a lot by the middle. But that's about the only con, the rest is superb.

5/5!

......they're supposed to release an "American" (aka Hollywood-ized) version next year which I am completely against. It's fine the way it is, don't ruin it! =*(
(I mean they already changed the title to "Let Me In" for the one here because the original title is "too long"; are the majority of Americans really that idiotic? I worry about the future...)

I HIGHLY recommend it! please watch it! You can see it in 12 parts via YouTube. I'll even include the Part 1 video at the very bottom. Apparently the novel is even better; I'm more of a non-fiction reader but I loved this so much I'm going to make an exception!

P.S. - I also LOVED how they only used the word "Vampire" once; and in the best way ever: "Are you a vampire?" - "I live off blood...Yes"

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

Return to “Movies & TV Shows”