Twin Peaks

Seen a great movie? A horrible one? Addicted to a tv show? Tell us about it.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
N.E.G
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Twin Peaks

Unread postby N.E.G » 18 Aug 2009 06:14

As an intro I'll say this: I don't have a television and haven't had one for almost 16 years. I only watch TV shows if someone gives me a DVD set and tells me it's good. With that out of the way.

I really enjoyed Twin Peaks, which is about an F.B.I agent who goes to investigate a small town murder and becomes wrapped up in the culture of the town - which has two very different sides to it. On the surface it is the all-American, apple pie and football, call your father Sir and your mother Ma'am, small town. Underneath is the grittiness of drugs, teenage prostitution, corporate shenanigans, arson, gang activity and murder.

The show was created by Mark Frost and David Lynch. I'm only familiar with one of them - Lynch directed this little film you might have heard of called Mulholland Drive. The series is full of little Lynch moments and is extremely good - up to a point (episode 18) when Lynch left for a different project and the series started sliding, quickly, into an area of lousiness.

If you have the chance to watch it, Twin Peaks is an engaging ride of "Who-dun-it" mixed with a well done soap opera. Just save yourself some disappointment by skipping everything after the murderer is revealed and caught.

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Re: Twin Peaks

Unread postby Cassie » 26 Aug 2009 19:08

I've only gotten to see about half of the show cuz I don't own it, but what I saw I loved. I love how it was shot, the coloring and everything. It's super confusing, but that is to be expected. I really want to finish it so I know who killed Laura Palmer!!!

N.E.G
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby N.E.G » 27 Aug 2009 08:25

Yeah. I was definitely wrong about who the killer was. But that's sort of the point. I agree that the coloring was amazing. All the visual aspects of the show are great eye-candy, that's very natural, and that is one of it's biggest charms.

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 27 Aug 2009 21:27

Yea definitely. My one friend has the DVD so her and another friend of mine finished it while away at college and they tease me about it all the time...haha

Return to “Movies & TV Shows”