Old cartoons (nostalgia thread? =x)

Seen a great movie? A horrible one? Addicted to a tv show? Tell us about it.
Kemmy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: Old cartoons (nostalgia thread? =x)

Unread postby Kemmy » 24 Nov 2009 20:57

^^ I forgot about Carebears and Ghostwriter! Man, I wanted one of those Ghostwriter pens so badly :tongue:

Julie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby Julie » 24 Nov 2009 21:18

Haha me too!!!!!!!
I think I now need to youtube that show and Jem again...maybe a Thanksgiving day project. Fraggle Rock is on DVD. Sad that I know this. :biggrin:

My theory is as such....70 year-olds of today swing dance at weddings, so at 70 we'll be moshing and head banging in walkers to Rage.

hshiau
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby hshiau » 24 Nov 2009 22:55

old guy alert.
definitely looney tunes, flintstones and jetsons but also scooby doo, popeye, felix the cat and mighty mouse.

i couldn't watch any of the tiny toons or newer scooby doo's with scrappy doo. that stuff was terrible!

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 25 Nov 2009 05:41

Oh I forgot all about Kids Incorporated...good times. :biggrin:

Stephanie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Stephanie » 25 Nov 2009 05:54

Julie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Julie » 25 Nov 2009 07:12

My theory is as such....70 year-olds of today swing dance at weddings, so at 70 we'll be moshing and head banging in walkers to Rage.

Hollee
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Hollee » 25 Nov 2009 10:43

DARKWING DUCK! Hell yes that was mine and my momm's faaaaavorite show.

Julie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Julie » 29 Nov 2009 08:34

Darkwing Duck!!!! ooooo Ducktales too :laugh: and talespin....haha! I really did watch too much TV as a child. :laugh:

RowdyJayJay
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby RowdyJayJay » 29 Nov 2009 13:42

Surely there is a spot reserved for older dorky game shows like Double Dare, Finders Keepers, Legends Of The Hidden Temple, GUTS! Man I always wanted me a pair of them coveted British Knights shoes....*drools*

Jay

"When I die, I hope they don't cremate me 'cuz I'll burn forever."
Harry Caray circa 1983

Julie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Julie » 01 Dec 2009 21:37

OMG.....Legends of the Hidden Temple!!!! I use to NEVER see the guys who'd jump out at the kid contestants running through the final challenges "temple." You think I would! He's always use to jump out of nowhere and then wabble back into his hiding spot.

The Preston and Steve morning show in Philly (WMMR...I really am obsessed with the station) does a "drunk day" (long story about how and why...but nonetheless its funny) Double Dare style with the WHOLE 3 person cast of the 90s show (including Mark Summers who lives in Philly).

Guts....Nickelodeon's version of American Gladiators without the gladiators. Watched it all the time, and I'm not a sports person at all.

Thank you Nickelodeon for your wonderful early 90s programming :biggrin:!!!!!

As long as those in our mid-late 20s/early 30s keep posting on this thread I'm going to keep talking. I really did watch too much TV as a child! :wink:

Aaliyah

Unread postby Aaliyah » 22 Jul 2010 18:29

I grew up on the muppets! My mother loves them too, and my brother likes Scooby Doo and Josie and the Pussy Cats. Personally I was always loyal to TMNT..

Won't get vaccinated, insurance cost to much, you think you're so persuasive, but I'm not giving up. Saving, my life, it's not what you're doing..

psycolovermonkey
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby psycolovermonkey » 22 Jul 2010 18:45

My gf is still obsessed with TMNT but its still on saterday mornings I miss carebears and I still have the Doug movie on vhs I love this thread

Thanks us4gim4ru for making my Avatar for me - Many hugs :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
:<3: Play HAYPI KINGDOM it's the best MMO game on Apple/Android :wink: Trust me :wink: I would know Im an expert and they only pick 2 per server (20,000 people) :<3: Refer DarkGodess and I'll love you forever :<3:
:<3: Joje thinks Emma`s a Goddess :<3:

Aaliyah

Unread postby Aaliyah » 22 Jul 2010 18:50

I didn't know Hidden temple and finders keepers were old.. Now I feel old! I watched them as a kid.. I also loved the 2005 TMNT redone season or whatever. that was great.

Won't get vaccinated, insurance cost to much, you think you're so persuasive, but I'm not giving up. Saving, my life, it's not what you're doing..

shayrenee17
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby shayrenee17 » 24 Jul 2010 09:18

OMG this thread is awesome! Double Dare and Legends of the Hidden Temple were my favorite shows growing up! Doug, TaleSpin and Looney Tunes were the best cartoons. I used to LOVE Bugs Bunny(which I still do to this day!) I can honestly say that they don't make cartoons they way they used to. Nickelodeon hardly ever show cartoons anymore, and I wish they would bring back game shows too. I miss the 90's with a passion and I am only 23!

Huge thanks to Lyzz and Heather for my avatars :D You are so talented!

I'm at the point where honesty just doesn't f***ing work for me

That's What She Said!

Aaliyah

Unread postby Aaliyah » 24 Jul 2010 11:01

Heck I miss the 90s! and I'm only 14! Those were the days man.. Us kids could actually play, and not necessarily everything caused cancer according to the state of California.

BreezyB12
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby BreezyB12 » 24 Jul 2010 12:56

I loved to watch Doug, Hey Arnold, CatDog, Angry Beavers, and Rocko's Modern Life was my favorite. I bought some of the Rocko's Modern Life episodes off of i-tunes haha :biggrin:

World Domination-one fan at a time

7-19-10 Brewster Street Icehouse Corpus Christi,Tx
10-1-10 Whiskey River Beaumont,Tx
10-23-10 Buzzfest Houston,Tx

stephb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby stephb » 28 Jul 2010 20:13

OMG this is an awesome thread. My parents used to let me watch so many cartoons when I was a kid. I still watch some now. My favorites were Scooby Doo, The Flintstones, The Jetsons, Muppet Babies (I have the theme song in my head now :laugh: ), Smurfs, Ducktales, Strawberry Shortcake, Carebears, Popeye, Looney Tunes, Fraggle Rock, Rainbow Bright, My Little Ponies, Mighty Mouse, Under Dog, and Masters Of The Universe (one of my high school yearbooks says when I was a kid I wanted to be She-Ra when I grew up :laugh: ).

Steph

listentothemusic
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby listentothemusic » 29 Jul 2010 22:40

I used to be obsessed with Scooby Doo. :laugh:

Heather

Unread postby Heather » 29 Jul 2010 23:11

I'm just now seeing this thread........I love those shows! Double Dare, Legends of the Hidden Temple, & Guts were shows I was obsessed with. About 2 or 3 years ago there was a channel called Nick Gas on Comcast that showed these shows 24 hours a day - it was great! Sadly that channel is no longer there. :( I also LOVED the show Fun House, and Wild & Crazy Kids. My best friend & I spent many hours trying to recreate various "stunts" from these shows, either for us to do or for our Barbies to do. :laugh:

As for cartoons, I liked Jem, Rainbow Bright, Care Bears, My Little Pony, Popples, Hello Kitty, Strawberry Shortcake, Dinosaucers, Tiny Toons....the 80s had such great cartoons!!!

~Heather

08-15-08: New Orleans 08-16-08: Tupelo 04-18-09: Nashville 10-14-09: Little Rock 10-23-09: Nashville 04-22-10: Jackson 07-13-10: Memphis 08-11-10: Little Rock 09-10-10: Nashville 04-30-11: Memphis 09-20-13: Little Rock 09-27-13: Nashville 03-25-17: Clarksville

Jessamy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Jessamy » 17 Jan 2011 12:38

WHY DID NO ONE MENTION POKEMON!?!?!?

that was my favorite as a kid lol....along with thundercats...that show was epic!

other ones i remember watching were bear in the big blue house and scooby doo....

i wasn't a big cartoon fan as a kid lol

Sick Puppies + My Chemical Romance = :love:
08-18-08~ 05-23-09~ 07-22-09~ 09-11-09~ 12-13-10~ 04-23-10~ 05-01-10~ 07-15-10~ 08-13-10~08-14-10~12-10-10~12-13-10~04-19-11

Return to “Movies & TV Shows”