Firefly/Serenity and Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog

Seen a great movie? A horrible one? Addicted to a tv show? Tell us about it.
halfpint
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Firefly/Serenity and Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog

Unread postby halfpint » 06 Apr 2010 19:19

Basically anything by Joss Whedon is amazing. Firefly was only up for one season, but it's quite possibly one of the best scifi series out there. I'm really disappointed that they pretty much closed off the storyline with the movie-sequel Serenity, but at the same time the movie is also really good.

Dr. Horrible is an amazing combination of NPH, Nathan Fillion, Felicia Day, Joss Whedon and musicals into a 45 minute web "blog". They are in the process of creating a sequel also, which should either be another web series-type-thing or a movie. Cannot wait for it to come out, I can't even count how many times I've watched/listened to this... The entire thing is free on youtube, although each act (there are three of them) is broken into two parts. Here is a link: The videos by user BruteSangheili are the best quality.

"Music is the only thing, with the exception of sneezing and looking at the sunset, that takes you to a place that's above the mundane. Everything else is just bullsh*t." - Stephan Jenkins

Julie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Firefly/Serenity and Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog

Unread postby Julie » 06 Apr 2010 20:44

One of my all time favorite shows, ever! :smile:

My theory is as such....70 year-olds of today swing dance at weddings, so at 70 we'll be moshing and head banging in walkers to Rage.

ToniB
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby ToniB » 07 Apr 2010 04:15

I also loved the Firefly/Serenity series. Nathan Fillion, who I just love, dressed up like Mal on Castle in an episode and it was hilarious.

I didn't know about the Dr. Horrible thing. Will definitely have to check it out!

Hey, it's gonna be okay. Hey, we're gonna laugh at this one day.

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 07 Apr 2010 07:34

ToniB
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby ToniB » 07 Apr 2010 07:45

So, are you watching Castle then too? At first I wasn't so sure about it, but I love the banter and the little jokes. It's a keeper!

Hey, it's gonna be okay. Hey, we're gonna laugh at this one day.

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 07 Apr 2010 08:19

Sam
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Sam » 07 Apr 2010 13:15

I heart all of them :hug: SO MUCH!!

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 07 Apr 2010 15:21

halfpint
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby halfpint » 07 Apr 2010 22:40

"Music is the only thing, with the exception of sneezing and looking at the sunset, that takes you to a place that's above the mundane. Everything else is just bullsh*t." - Stephan Jenkins

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 08 Apr 2010 08:53

jls07
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby jls07 » 20 Apr 2010 10:26

LOVE pretty much every show thats been mentioned in this thread so far! :laugh: As anyone who remembers when i got my tattoo knows, im a huge Joss fan too. I own Dr. Horrible, all of buffy, and Firefly and Serenity.

Last sunday I was actually really disappointed because Amber Benson(tara on buffy) was at Boston Comic Con and I had this whole big plan to go and say hi but i ended up being too busy...

Call me Jes!

Here since '08. Gotta love that Evanescence tour (;

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 20 Apr 2010 12:30

jls07
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby jls07 » 20 Apr 2010 12:36

Actually the one thing Joss related i never got into was angel. Im such a buffy fan when i watched a few episodes of angel it just wasnt as good...i like it but no where near as much as pretty much everything else joss has done...

I haven't even heard of it actually...I'll have to try to rent or something. Did you hear about her new movie? Drones i think its called? Its sounds kind of weird but good too...

Call me Jes!

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 20 Apr 2010 15:21

jls07
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby jls07 » 21 Apr 2010 06:29

Oh, well that sounds pretty cool actually...I'll check it out. And i'm gonna try getting into Angel one more time. I feel weird liking EVERYTHING but angel lol

Call me Jes!

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 21 Apr 2010 08:15

jls07
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby jls07 » 21 Apr 2010 12:12

Whoa cool, thanks! I finally just ordered some bumper stickers and the acoustic ep so the next time i have a little extra money i'll keep those in mind!

Call me Jes!

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 21 Apr 2010 12:55

No problem! Yea, I might spring for LL&L when I have the money as well....

rocklover

Unread postby rocklover » 23 May 2011 17:45

love firefly/serenity. i know syfy replays serenity alot and more recently the science channel has been replaying the firefly series. so enjoy watching them whenever it comes on.

i also own the dr. horrible dvd. i heard they are working on a sequal but i havent heard anything more about it recently.

~Jen

rapscallion
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby rapscallion » 16 Jun 2011 14:54

I *love* Firefly. I was not really a fan of Angel when it was on, but i am watching it on Netflix now, and i am really into it. It's a very different feel than either Buffy or Firefly.

I am really excited for Avengers next year. :)

When a sky full of tears falls to the earth, I've got to believe we're healing now

Return to “Movies & TV Shows”