Art dump

Write poems? Songs? Draw? Share your creative visions here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Rose
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Art dump

Unread postby Rose » 11 Mar 2013 15:08

I know theres a lot of artist around here and so I wanted to start this thread for us.
This is the place for tips, paintings or sculptures you want to discus, something you made that's not sick puppies that you just want to share, put it in the art dump!

I really just wanted to share this tip i got a few weeks ago.
if you ever struggle with anatomy or want to just losen up take 20 minutes to do a "life drawing" style warm up.
set a timer for two minutes and sketch as much as you can of a random model (I use these guys ) it's a really fun and easy warm up and you can actually see improvement across the page. :biggrin:

Portland ME, 11/26/10, Bangor ME, 7/31/11, Boston MA, 9/20/12,
Portland ME, 8/14/13

Snowmonkies
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Art dump

Unread postby Snowmonkies » 13 Mar 2013 12:30

Ooh, I need to work on anatomy myself. I've got facial stuff down for the most part, and I'm alright at torsos but when I get to hips/legs I have half an idea what I'm doing :noclue:
In my current art class, we sculpted human hearts (inspired by the series Grimm, for some reason) and with the art show coming up, my teacher wants us all to get boxes to decorate and display the hearts in. I'm pondering spattering red paint in mine, and if I could get away with that- aka, not get yelled at for doing blood spatters. I made my heart like a frankenheart, it has stitching and a bolt stuck in it, so I don't want my display to be lighthearted. I'm also considering using some copper wire and a dead battery (to avoid making a functioning circuit that might shock someone, if that's even possible) and thinking about what materials I could use to make fake sparks or lightning.
I thought it was funny when we did this that a teacher was telling us to look up photographs of *real* human hearts. I think I was the only person who listened, everyone else brought in diagrams and I had actual pictures XD

Hedgehogs for days

Return to “Inspired”