artistic nerves kicking in....whoops?

Write poems? Songs? Draw? Share your creative visions here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
sicklucidpainter
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

artistic nerves kicking in....whoops?

Unread postby sicklucidpainter » 23 Jul 2013 07:41

So I wanted to do a visual review of connect (even if I can't use it in the contest) because the album, in general really inspired me.

So i sit here with my pencil on my paper, the album playing in my ear buds....but I don't know where to start...

then when I do start something, I get nervous and scrap it; assuming no one will like it or the interpretation will not be favored.

This happened when I did art for Green Day's "Dos" album, I got flamed so hard with commentary about how they felt I had miserably interpreted the song. I slunk away from the fan base and stopped doing music inspired pieces in general after that.

I honestly was terrified to upset someone, that I lost my own identity. With the release of "Connect" I decided to give it another shot (not to mention you guys seem a million times more down to earth lol)

The biggest thing though, is I need some help on where to start. Anyone have any songs they want to see interpreted this way? Any help or ideas would be awesome for this
thanks a million guys

"not knowing everything is all that makes it okay....sometimes" ~Katarina Maxwell

Finally saw the puppies ~*Fete Ballroom Providence RI, 08-09-2013*~

dlcramer
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: artistic nerves kicking in....whoops?

Unread postby dlcramer » 23 Jul 2013 11:26

I suggest starting with the title track "Connect" or the current single "There's No Going Back".

Remember that you are creating for yourself first and don't worry over what others think or say.

Snowmonkies
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Snowmonkies » 23 Jul 2013 12:01

Don't worry, I highly doubt you'll get flamed here! Besides, if you worry so much, it'll suck all the fun out of the experience. Just go with it and enjoy yourself :smile:
Might I suggest considering Under a Very Black Sky as a start? Off the top of my head, it seems like the song that has the strongest visual... bit in it. Can't think of the right word for it... imagery?
Or maybe one of the songs that have a very obvious message as a start, so you don't have to worry about the interpretation.

Hedgehogs for days

sicklucidpainter
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby sicklucidpainter » 23 Jul 2013 14:52

"not knowing everything is all that makes it okay....sometimes" ~Katarina Maxwell

sicklucidpainter
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby sicklucidpainter » 23 Jul 2013 14:54

Snowmonkies
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Snowmonkies » 24 Jul 2013 11:15

Hedgehogs for days

sicklucidpainter
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby sicklucidpainter » 24 Jul 2013 12:00

Return to “Inspired”