2008 Presidential Elections *POLL*

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.

Who'd you vote for/support this election?

Barack Obama
69%
John McCain
19%
Other
11%

Total votes: 36

Becky
Founder
Founder
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

2008 Presidential Elections

Unread postby Becky » 19 Apr 2008 14:04

[quote="angelbear425"]I get Republican emails and I received this one today..Just thought you would all like to see it. For those who dont know Hamas is a terror organization.

John McCain

jazzyd
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby jazzyd » 19 Apr 2008 16:56

[quote="angelbear425"]I get Republican emails and I received this one today..Just thought you would all like to see it. For those who dont know Hamas is a terror organization.

John McCain

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 19 Apr 2008 17:05

jazzyd

Unread postby jazzyd » 19 Apr 2008 17:17

I defiantly don't envy the next president.
I just hope to god they can do some good.
Plus I am tired of the whole war mentaily, where in the hell has that gotten us?

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 19 Apr 2008 17:32

Nowhere =\

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

Mari
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Mari » 19 Apr 2008 17:45

Yeah Hamas is a terrorist organisation, but they are also the democratically elected government in Gaza/the West Bank. If one wants to achieve peace in the Middle East they have to be in on it as the support they have is monumental. An American president willing to negotiate would be a God sent. (Speaking as a foreigner here~)

~Mari~

dressedupaslife
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby dressedupaslife » 10 May 2008 12:09

:o

[yt]T3depGF5E-0[/yt]

[yt]TKe2rBbGGEA[/yt]
Last edited by dressedupaslife on 10 May 2008 12:13, edited 1 time in total.

I'm sending out a signal to the possibility of you...
'Cause right at this moment, I know you're connected to a part of me that I don't even know myself.

dressedupaslife
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby dressedupaslife » 10 May 2008 12:39

[yt]KvBpm_3kCAw[/yt]

[yt]N8QCkgg5Kjo[/yt]

'Cause right at this moment, I know you're connected to a part of me that I don't even know myself.

dressedupaslife
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby dressedupaslife » 10 May 2008 12:46

How DARE any man stand in such disrespect in front of my country's flag that I have fought and risked my life for. The flag for which so many men and women have made the ultimate sacrifice. This man has no business running for the office of President, Commander in Chief. :'(

As for Hillary, how can anyone believe anything she says?

As for McCain, I don't agree with all his views. But the man is a decorated veteran, and ex-POW. If any of the 3 should deserve my vote it would be McCain.
Last edited by dressedupaslife on 10 May 2008 12:57, edited 1 time in total.

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 10 May 2008 13:23

I dunno, McCain winning sounds like another 4 years of Bush =/

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 10 May 2008 13:25

I'd rather drink ammonia than vote for McCain. I ask myself do I want to vote for......

Someone who wants to end the war, or one who wants to continue it? (what was the quote, that he thinks it will continue for 100 years?)

Someone who wants to provide access to affordable health care to all, or one who doesn't?

Someone who wants to help stabilize and strengthen the economy, or who admittedly doesn't "know much" about the economy (McCain)? WTF?!

A candidate who has great plans for helping education , or one who wants to do nothing to help education but further Bush's No Child Left Behind policy?

Someone who wants to stop Bush's tax cuts for the most wealthy Americans, or one who used to oppose them until he had to appeal to conservatives and now wants to make them permanent (McCain)?

Someone who has plans to fix the illegal immigration policy, or one who now opposes his own immigration bill and doesn't think we need to do anything "right now" (McCain)?

A candidate who believes our country's future is bright, or a candidate who basically has said in no uncertain terms that the jobs aren't coming back, there will be more wars, just get over it.

dressedupaslife
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby dressedupaslife » 10 May 2008 13:59

Becky, alot of those things would be nice. So why hasn't the democrats done anything to pass bills and make laws to get it done? They have been in control of congress now for more than 2 years now. I've been patiently waiting for them to get something done for us. Do you recall the promises that the Speaker of the House Ms. Nancy Pelosi promised us during their first 100 days in control of congress? They have control, yet they fail to act. The President is a mere figurehead/representative/mouthpiece of our government.

There were 16 new laws and 1 continuing appropriations bill, that have been passed, 6 of which were naming individual Postal Offices, 2 of these "new laws" were naming courthouses, 1 was to build a road in Missouri, 1 was naming a national recreation area.....beginning to get the point?

Take a look for yourself.

|TOM%3A%2Fbss%2Fd110query.html|&submit=VIEW

I don't care if the leaders are republican, democrat, independent, or libertarian. I just want someone to do what they say they are going to do, lol ::)
Last edited by dressedupaslife on 10 May 2008 14:01, edited 1 time in total.

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 10 May 2008 14:08

^^^ I'd rather have a president that would TRY to change/improve this country, than one who doesn't seem to know or care.

dressedupaslife
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby dressedupaslife » 10 May 2008 14:14

[yt]dQ6Wq-qExBI[/yt]

Well after listening to these two, I would say that their idea of fixing illeagal immigration is amnesty. I do favor Obama's idea over Hillary's though. But I am happy with what is going on right now with the building of the boarder fence and the increase in the number of boarder patrols.

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 10 May 2008 14:21

^^^ Well, I like both of their positions on illegal immigration. I won't get into a discussion about it, though, because I usually end up heated and pissed off.

*exits thread*

dressedupaslife
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby dressedupaslife » 10 May 2008 15:03

Well personally, I feel that every single person that is in my country illeagally needs to be rounded up and deported. Then every single employer that is caught employing someone illegally should have such a stiff fine placed on them, that they would of been better off financially never hiring the illegals. Next, I want the boarder fence completed and the boarder patrol fortified, with authority to shoot anyone breeching the fence. Only authorized entry points allowed. Next, for anyone that is not a citizen here that would like to work in my country, would have to obtain a visa, and get the proper paper work through a temporary employment beuru. The beuru would then be responsible for assigning the worker to an employer that has registered with the beuru saying they would like to employ non-citizens legally. The wages would be sent to the beuru by the employer for the employee, to be sure all appropriate taxes are taken out before the non-citizen is paid. When the temporary work permit is expired the non-citizen must return home and reapply to start the process over. Non-Citizens wishing to become citizens must go through regular channels with the INS.
Last edited by dressedupaslife on 10 May 2008 15:03, edited 1 time in total.

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 10 May 2008 20:10

^^^ WTF? I know I shouldn't respond, but that post just made me ill. You think people should be shot for trying to cross the border? What the hell kind of country do you think we live in?! You feel like because someone wasn't born in this country, they're of lesser importance than you or someone who was, that their lives are that expendable? MY country this, MY country that....we're all people. We're fortunate to live in this country...have you ever tried to imagine yourself walking in the shoes of someone who is in a poverty stricken country where it's impossible to get ahead? You have people who are living in unbearable conditions, have nothing, children who are starving, living in dumps....and if people try to cross the boarder to make a better life for themselves...they should be shot? This country was built on immigration. Unless you're of Native American decent, the only reason YOU are here, is because your ancestors came here to make a better life for themselves. People don't risk their lives to come over on a raft from Cuba for fun. They don't leave their families to work their asses off for less than minimum wages because it sounds like a good time. Sure, illegal immigration is a problem. But killing people or making them suffer more than most of them already have isn't the answer.

And...I'd like to point out that the Empire State Building was built nearly entirely by Irish immigrants who lived in tent camps outside of New York City (granted, they were legal immigrants). Interesting little fact for you.

As far as the fence....I hate it. It reminds me of the Berlin Wall. Not to mention, any sort of wall or barrier is going to impede the natural movement of wildlife. This is possibly the greatest offense of any border fence. That and the Earth belongs to all of us (at least it should, anyway). I don't believe in the morality of borders. People should be able to move freely upon the land in the same manner as animals. That and I'm not fond of thinking of a fence keeping me IN. If I want to leave, I want to be able to get out.

Zero
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Zero » 10 May 2008 20:47

^^^If you were running for President, I would so vote for you.

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 10 May 2008 20:51

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 10 May 2008 21:16

^You'd still get my vote Becky, and I feel that getting pissed too easy shouldn't be a problem. I mean, so does McCain right? lol =x

(he cussed out Senator John Cornyn o.O)
Last edited by Serge on 10 May 2008 21:17, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Random”