2017 New Year's Resolutions and Goals

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
stephb
Site Admin
Site Admin

2017 New Year's Resolutions and Goals

Unread postby stephb » 01 Jan 2017 08:31

It's a new year which means it is resolution time! What are your New Year's resolutions or goals? Tell us below.

Steph

vegawriters

Re: 2017 New Year's Resolutions and Goals

Unread postby vegawriters » 02 Jan 2017 13:25

Oh, I swear every single year I won't fall into the resolution trap and every year I do. So I might as well stop denying it. ;)

1) To write 350,000 words this year. This includes 12 new short stories. (1 per month.)
2) To submit to at least 6 places that are taking short stories.
3) To submit to the local queer magazine regarding a column on bi issues.
4) To finally have a come to jesus meeting with my editor at the magazine I work for because I'm really tired of not getting paid.
5) To submit the novel that is almost finished (final edits ahoy).
6) To get to the gym 5 days a week/walk the dog an hour on the days I don't do that.

Really, that's where my focus is.

Pick up a pen and fight a war for the right to dream.
- Live/The Sanctity of Dreams

Shows
March 12, 2014/HCIRT/SLC, UT

Kship2001
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby Kship2001 » 02 Jan 2017 16:20

I'm going to keep my resolutions simple this year or else I'll give up by mid January. Just want to put a few things down I really need to work on & one for fun. :notebook:

1. I'm determined to not only stop using my credit cards for all my shopping "needs", but to pay most of them off. :princess: :shame:

2. I'm going to use my treadmill 3-4 times a week & stick to my food plan (sounds less scary than diet lol) :cheer:

3. I'm going to continue having a blast going to all my Sick Puppies shows & as many concerts as I can manage (preferably without messing up goal #1) :band:

That's all I've got. Simple. Although the first two take a lot more effort than they should :hi: :argh:

Crazy is just fine cause I like where I'm going :sp:

sickestpup
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby sickestpup » 04 Jan 2017 04:48

Last year was my first year really getting into doing a new years resolution and sticking to it. So I'm definitely keeping up with it this year.

Last year was:
Not drinking so much (I had a real problem using it to escape my home life)
Losing weight
Hitting as many shows as possible no matter what's going on
Let it go.

The first one is a work in progress for sure. I still enjoy drinking a lot but I'm learning not to run to it when I have a problem.
I lost 22 lbs last year. Working on another 30 at least.
I went to 9 SP shows, prolly my most in a years time.
Still learning to let things go. This one is at the top of the list for this year.

The only thing I'll add I think is spending more time with my family and that includes my SP and SPWC family. I will be travelling to as many shows as I can get to.

vegawriters

Unread postby vegawriters » 04 Jan 2017 20:36

Pick up a pen and fight a war for the right to dream.
- Live/The Sanctity of Dreams

Shows
March 12, 2014/HCIRT/SLC, UT

luckypony
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby luckypony » 14 Jan 2017 09:13

I wish to try as much new games as possible! I love online games, I often play at http://www.kizigamesxl.com/ . I also want to travel a lot. For example, go to China or Japan :smile:

Return to “Random”