Jobs/Careers

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
Chaps
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Jobs/Careers

Unread postby Chaps » 19 Sep 2008 20:14

What does everyone one do for a living? Like for me I am VP of Sales and Service for a pharmacutical automation company and a paid on call firefighter for the Grand Rapids Twp. Fire Dept. in Michigan

omgdenise
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: Jobs/Careers

Unread postby omgdenise » 19 Sep 2008 20:22

I want to do something in the medical field..
I want to be a Pediatrician or a Post-Natal Nurse.

Something with babies/kids.. :D :smile:

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Katy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby Katy » 19 Sep 2008 20:31

First and foremost, I'm a Mommy to my 15 month old son, Jedi. :biggrin:

Secondly, I work on the front end of a grocery store (Big Y is the name of it for those that are curious, but you'll only find them in CT and MA) and I am trained for a variety of things. Sometimes I just run a register and be a regular ol' cashier, sometimes I work in the customer service desk, sometimes it's my job to watch and assist customers with our self-check registers, and lastly, near the beginning of this year I was trained to be a Head Cashier which I love because it means I basically run the whole front end and get to be a boss. This is going to sound so nerdy but there is nothing I love/enjoy/appreciate more than watching a customer go from red in the face pissed to walking away with a smile on their face, telling me that they'll be back. It's really satisfying for me and it seems to make the job (and all the other crappy stuff that goes along with it) worth it. I'm hoping to move further up in the chain of promotions or maybe even just be trained in different departments of the store but only time shall tell.

A big :hug: to everyone that didn't fall asleep while reading that. :laugh:

hshiau
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby hshiau » 19 Sep 2008 20:45

i wanna rock! :rock:

seriously, i want to act. :cool: did one national commercial and thought about pursuing it a bit more. really should have gotten my SAG card if only for the cool factor.

but seriously, probably too seriously, i'm a technology guy working on bank of america's countrywide acquisition. i'm one of the guys trying to figure out how to merge our applications and infrastructure together.

Crystal
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Crystal » 19 Sep 2008 21:55

I'm a Certified Veterinary Techician aka an Animal Nurse. :smile:

tonymony13
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby tonymony13 » 19 Sep 2008 22:05

I too work at a Grocery Store. I work in our produce department and enjoy using machetes to cut fruit as well as throwing stuff when the boss is gone. :biggrin:

I also worked as a bill poster this summer for an advertising company. Yes, I was the guy on the billboard with the stupid safety harness on.

"Cards are a nice sentiment, but I mean, everyone just wants the loot!" ~Shim

Pwneress
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Pwneress » 21 Sep 2008 10:44

I most recently decided I want to be a cop.

:cool:

Samsung
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Samsung » 21 Sep 2008 10:53

This:

My avatar is always watching.

Justine
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Justine » 21 Sep 2008 11:42

Well I'm not working yet but my biggest dream would be to be in a band... It may seems to be a bit *complete it cause I can't find a word* but I'd love to start something with passionate and motivated people (+ I could progress with them ) but unfortunately I don't know anyone who want it as much as I do. I hope someday I'll find cool people, even if it's just to play for fun.

Here was the story, now let's be more realistic ^^

I've started my last year in high school and so in July, if everything's OK, i'll have my HC diploma.
In France, at the end of our 1st year in high school, we choose to belong to 1 section (scientific, economic or literary) and since I didn't know (and still don't) what to do then, I choose the scientific one because it let you do lots of things.
I'd love to study in the USA and then do something that allows me to travel.
If I can't do it, I'll try to become a physiotherapist or something like that.

Congrats to everyone who read it. :laugh:
I could talk about carrers for hours... It's an obsession since I can't make a decision ><

Kara
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Kara » 21 Sep 2008 11:44

sam, im not quite sure what that is... but i like it.
and gigi, the animation made my day.

ive recently been a bagger, cashier, and i worked at DQ.
i some how have been fired from all three.
but when i do grow up, i either want to be a tattoo artist,
a surgeon, or really go out and pursue the rock-star life i really want.

"Angels lift me, Are you with me?"

nicolenice
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby nicolenice » 24 Sep 2008 09:04

Well right now I am a baker for BP but not my dream job. I have no idea what my actual dream job is. My job is stressful for the first 4 hours so busy but after that it calms down, except my coworkers love to bring their drama to work so that keeps me entertained in the down time. :biggrin:

Mari
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Mari » 24 Sep 2008 14:37

Well up until about 6 hours ago I was working for a bank, at the moment I am not working at all as I am packing up and leaving this city. Will be temping where I am going probably still in the finance sector, but all this is not permanent.

I have a couple of degrees in design and my goal at the moment is to land a PhD scholarship, I am looking for opportunities more or less all over the world, but haven't had any luck yet. My passion is colours and I'd like to work with colour consultancy in design or marketing, or within colour forecasting. Oh and then it is the dream of one day becoming a crazy Professor... :biggrin:

~Mari~

chikguitaristnan
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby chikguitaristnan » 24 Sep 2008 14:52

well..im an entry level piping designer for an engineering firm here in houston. currently the client i work for is exxon. i do alot of computer aided design and well book keeping. we are the people who draw up and design refineries, plants, waste systems, water systems and well pretty much anything that has to do with pipes. i dunno if i would say this is my dream job but its what i do to achieve status in a world where that is important. if i could i would turn my hobbies into things i could get paid to do. or i would travel the world and make money by making and selling hemp necklaces, bracelets, rings, and well pretty much anything really. until i can do that though.. im working on my chemical engineering degree, working my 6-5 desk job, and starting a catering company cause i love to cook. along with that i bartend private parties on the wkends for extra cash and great stories :biggrin:

one love

Mari
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Mari » 25 Sep 2008 02:32

~Mari~

chikguitaristnan
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby chikguitaristnan » 25 Sep 2008 05:20

one love

ToniB
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby ToniB » 25 Sep 2008 08:58

I am an inside salesperson at an engineering company. It is a fairly technical knowledge based position. Not what I thought I'd do when I grew up, but it is a really good company and I work with good people, which is hard to find these days! I've been at this company for 11 years, and unless I win the lottery, I will probably retire from here.

Hey, it's gonna be okay. Hey, we're gonna laugh at this one day.

chris11394
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

jobs

Unread postby chris11394 » 29 Dec 2008 16:11

wat jobs do u have?

I deliver the east range shopper every weekend and the mesabi daily news every morning
I also babysit for my aunt

Cassandra
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cassandra » 29 Dec 2008 21:12

I sometimes help out at my little sisters daycare Some of those kids are really annoying just yelling and crying But they are so cute ^^ Which means you can't be mad at them :angrytongue:

I also babysit my nephew xD

DNRpuppy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby DNRpuppy » 29 Dec 2008 21:41

Certified McDonalds burger taster with a PHD in psychology just to throw people off a little.

I make sure that before your mouth comes in contact with a burger that you will be lovin' it.

jersey
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby jersey » 29 Dec 2008 22:02

I'm a college student majoring in criminology and psychology. During breaks I work at a company called LifeCell that deals with donated human skin from cadavers (cause skin is an organ). The skin is "processed" and then sent out to hospitals around the world for burn victims, surgeries, etc. Oh, since highschool it's been fun trying to explain what my summer job is... :laugh:

"Have you ever confused a dream with life? ... Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted."

Return to “Random”