Hot Topic Story (involves nightmare Before Christmas)

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
rockedbritt
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Hot Topic Story (involves nightmare Before Christmas)

Unread postby rockedbritt » 12 Oct 2008 21:01

So I was in Hot Topic today buying the Nightmare Before Christmas Revisted cd and the person "ringing me up" was all, "Oh my god this cd sucks!"
and I was all woooowwwww (Didn't say it out loud though)
And then he was all "No offense!"
And I said, "Have you heard it?"
And he was all "YES LIKE TEN BILLION TIMES!!"
And then I said "Why does it suck?"
And he was all "It's just a bunch of poser bands."
And I, shocked, said, "What makes them posers?"
Then he said something that I didnt really hear. But I remember he said he like the All-American Rejects song.
And then I said, "I like Manson's and Amy Lee's best"
And he said "I HATE Amy Lee, and I hate Hayley Williams!"
And I was all "Well, she isn't on there"
And he was all, "Yeaa but she's on your chest!!" (I was wearing a Paramore t-shirt) (And a SP hoddie for the record :smile: )
Then he gave me my total and what-not and he leaned over the counter and pretty much whispered,"Have you ever heard of Garbage?"
And I said "No"
And he said,"Thats why."
Then he gave me my change and I left.

WEIIRRDDOOOOOO!!!

Hi, I'm Brittany and I'm in love with Sick Puppies.

frodolover36
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: Hot Topic Story (involves nightmare Before Christmas)

Unread postby frodolover36 » 12 Oct 2008 21:13

o wow what a jerk. i would have been so angry!

The name's Nikki

"I don't consider myself a guitarist, or even a vocalist for that matter, I'm a rockstar."
~Shimon Moore

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby Serge » 12 Oct 2008 23:08

Poser bands? =o

....Rise Against, Shiny Toy Guns, and The Album Leaf are FAR from poser. (the latter isn't even that popular and I was surprised to see them on there in the first place)

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

Katy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Katy » 13 Oct 2008 04:19

:angrytongue: @ Hot Topic. They bad-mouthed Amy Lee when I was there trying to hang posters for the SP show as well.

chikguitaristnan
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby chikguitaristnan » 13 Oct 2008 06:24

ok so i worked at hot topic back in the day and it sucked. alot of the workers there listen to under ground music which is cool and all but i always hated how they would pick on people for listening to what they liked.just cause he isn't into it doesnt me he needs to be rude. i used to get at my employees for that. hot topic was started to spread music not knock it. craziness. funny how all those people called bands and such posers because they went mainstream but come on you work at hot topic, that was made to make all music mainstream.

one love

Pwneress
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Pwneress » 18 Oct 2008 14:54

what losers, if they were to ever bad mouth Amy Lee when I'm taking my little sister shopping there....psshhhh.

No I don't normally shop there I only went there to shop for myself actually back in 2006 to get new Ev. shirts and they actually liked Ev. and helped me find all the shirts =P

Return to “Random”