Do bats make good pets?

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Chaos_3
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Do bats make good pets?

Unread postby Chaos_3 » 29 Oct 2008 17:11

I think that they are positively adorable, and I wasn't quite sure that exotic pet stores would sell them, and if they did, would they make good pets?
(I know you'd have to keep them in a darker lit area, because they have sensitive eyes...)

Samsung
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: Do bats make good pets?

Unread postby Samsung » 29 Oct 2008 17:34

My avatar is always watching.

Donna
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Donna » 29 Oct 2008 18:11

I was thinking the same thing- probably not a good idea - but I do think that they are adorable and very cool :biggrin:

I believe in nothing, not the day and not the dark. I believe in nothing but the beating of our hearts

Susanna
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Susanna » 29 Oct 2008 18:37

My son LOVES that book Stellaluna and I'm sure he'd LOVE a bat, too. I'm guessing the closest (which is not that close) you can come to a cool pet is a sugar glider.

Donna
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Donna » 30 Oct 2008 11:51

Sugar gliders are too adorable !!! And Stellaluna is an aamzing book - I like it too :biggrin:

I believe in nothing, not the day and not the dark. I believe in nothing but the beating of our hearts

Matthew
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby Matthew » 30 Oct 2008 21:29

i had a bat in my house this summer, it was not a pleasant experiance haha :crazy:

Chaos_3
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Chaos_3 » 04 Nov 2008 19:41

Gah.. Bummer.
We have bats in our barn, and I was so tempted to take one down..
But I'd rather see them live healthily and happily in our barns eating bugs and such, than starve and become stressed because of a strange environment.

Donna
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Donna » 05 Nov 2008 17:56

^^^he is too darn cute :biggrin: I agree with letting them be out in the wild..I'm sure it's much better for them.

Samsung
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Samsung » 05 Nov 2008 18:40

Awww :biggrin:

My avatar is always watching.

Return to “Random”