iPod Help Needed...

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Regan
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

iPod Help Needed...

Unread postby Regan » 08 Mar 2009 18:06

My iPod refuses to sync. It was fine for a bit, then I tried to sync it once, and my computer crashed. Now, every time I plug it into my computer, the iPod itself says it's plugged in, and my computer picks it up as a mass storage device, rather than displaying the name of my iPod. iTunes doesn't pick it up and then doesn't respond, so I have to close it. When I open iTunes again, my computer crashes. This sort of thing happened before but not as severe, so I brought it to the Apple store. The guy restored it on his Mac, and it was fine. He said it was a PC-related virus. So this time I gave it to my friend who has a Mac, and the exact same thing happened to her. Anyone have any idea what's going on? I'm going to bring it to the Apple store if I can't find anyone who knows what to do, but in the mean time, any help is greatly appreciated! :hug:

If I were a vegetable, I'd be a radish, because I'm only kind of rad.

ToniB
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: iPod Help Needed...

Unread postby ToniB » 08 Mar 2009 18:18

Wow, what a bummer! I wouldn't have a clue what to do if mine did that (except cry). Try not to be like me and keep it together...

Best of luck!

Hey, it's gonna be okay. Hey, we're gonna laugh at this one day.

Regan
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Regan » 08 Mar 2009 18:24

^Believe me, I've cried quite a bit over this. :wink:

Stephanie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Stephanie » 08 Mar 2009 19:56

That is a really odd problem and I wish I could be of more help but I'm new to iTunes/iPod. Maybe a more seasoned user will be able to assist you but... Could it be that somehow the 'automatically synch when ipod is connected' option has been unticked or something? Maybe you need to tool around in the iTunes preferences. Have you downloaded any new updates for iTunes or are in need of one?

Sorry to hear about your problem. Electronics can be so troublesome...

Hope you get it figured out. :hug:

Regan
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Regan » 08 Mar 2009 20:00

^Thanks. Yeah, I already tried manually transferring files, but it still didn't work... :noclue:

miket_825
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby miket_825 » 08 Mar 2009 20:18

Do you have an antivirus program on your computer? If not, I would go find one of those open source virus scanners online (from a reputable source, of course) and run it and quarantine the virus(es) on your comp. Completely reboot your comp. Then, I would try to reboot your iPod by simultaneously holding the middle and bottom positions i think. When it's completely rebooted, I would try to plug it in to your comp. IF iTunes recognizes it, but won't sync right, make sure all of your music/podcasts/vids ect. are backed up on your comp (or somewhere else i.e. external HD) and click the Restore button in iTunes. This will reset your iPod to its original factory settings and erase EVERYTHING off of it.. it'll be like you brought it brand new. After that's done, I would plug it in and see if it works. Beyond that, I have no help for you except for looking at the Apple support forums at apple.com. Sorry Reg. :hug: I hate iPod trouble... mine is my BFF. :)

Witnesses report seeing a nude group of seemingly random people stealing lawn gnomes in the light of day...

Kemmy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Kemmy » 08 Mar 2009 20:45

Something similar happened to me once. I had a bit of a meltdown :tongue:
In my case, my computer didn't crash but iTunes refused to recognize my iPod and all the songs/data were taking up space on the device but when I tried to use them, it said that the iPod was empty :confused:

I tried just about everything. What I had to do was restore my iPod to factory settings (which erases all your songs, settings, etc) after making sure all my songs were still on my hard drive to be transferred later. And it still didn't work. I also had to uninstall and reinstall iTunes. FIVE HOURS OF STRESS AND WORK LATER, I was able to start loading my songs again. I'm not suggesting this necessarily because we had slightly different problems but it's what I had to do. Scary.

I hope you can get your iPod fixed. :cry:

Regan
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Regan » 08 Mar 2009 21:02

^That also happens to me. It just says no music, no videos, no podcasts, etc.

And Mike, I have Norton, and I just did a scan so I know I don't have any viruses.

Thanks to everyone. I love you guys. :hug:

miket_825
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby miket_825 » 08 Mar 2009 21:07

Witnesses report seeing a nude group of seemingly random people stealing lawn gnomes in the light of day...

zero123

Unread postby zero123 » 09 Mar 2009 22:02

Usually when my ipod starts messing up all I do is reset it, and it usually works, but my computer has never crashed due to it, or itunes. Try resetting it, though I'm not sure if it'll work. To reset it, switch hold on, then off, then press Menu and the middle button for a couple seconds. (I think)

I can count

Regan
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Regan » 10 Mar 2009 15:25

I went to the Apple store today, and the guy gave me a new iPod. So I guess it wasn't fixable. But I'm happy now.
Last edited by Regan on 10 Mar 2009 18:46, edited 1 time in total.

ToniB
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby ToniB » 10 Mar 2009 15:44

Wow! not a bad deal huh? How old was yours?

Hey, it's gonna be okay. Hey, we're gonna laugh at this one day.

Regan
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Regan » 10 Mar 2009 15:50

10 months. That's the only reason I didn't have to buy a new one. My warranty has two months left.

miket_825
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby miket_825 » 10 Mar 2009 17:52

Sweet! Yay for Regan! :biggrin:

Kemmy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Kemmy » 10 Mar 2009 18:58

Return to “Random”