Your username's origin

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
Cassiiie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Your username's origin

Unread postby Cassiiie » 29 Dec 2011 16:45

my username has nothing to do with my real name :p
I introduced a friend of mine to a band called flyleaf,and i had him listen my favourite song wich is "Cassie", so everytime he listened to that song, he thought of me :)
that how i got stuck with that name...i just tried to make it more unique to be able to use it everywhere

ColorfulDetonation
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby ColorfulDetonation » 29 Dec 2011 18:35

My username is ColorfulDetonation because I like the band My Chemical Romance, and my Fabulous Killjoy name is Colorful Detonation. I chose that name for my character because I LOVE art and being bright and colorful. Like an explosion of colorfulness xD

~Michaela Lee~

ShadoWolf
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby ShadoWolf » 21 Feb 2012 16:52

I like wolves, I like darkness. Put them together.

Thing is, "ShadowWolf" looks really awkward with two w's in a row, so I knocked the w off of shadow and now I use it or ShadoWolf0913 (if ShadoWolf is taken) on pretty much everything. The 0913 is my friend's birthday, September 13. I would have done my own birthday, but it's November 11 which would be 1111, so it's kinda boring. :laugh: Thanks to my choice of a username, I now have the nickname "Shado" with my friends. :biggrin:

Now I'm stuck here,
Trapped all alone.
But it's not my time,
I don't want to go.
You can't take me,
Break free these chains.
You can't have me,
I want to live again.

patioumbrella
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby patioumbrella » 18 Apr 2012 13:37

It might of been the random band name generator on Guitar Hero World Tour. :laugh: It just kind of stuck with me, I guess.

8/23/10

HushedDispatch
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby HushedDispatch » 26 May 2012 21:38

Originally hushed is a gamer tag. Before husheddispatch i was Grawr]RH[. i got grawr from a girl i had been crushing on and rh was a clan tag i put on during my time playing starcraft one. i carried it till i was playing americas army 3 and my mic broke. then i wanted to have a new name anyways because grawr was through my teen years and rather immature in reputation. i wanted to have something that had multiple meanings. i was good at AA3 when it came to sneaking and eliminating the enemy. silentassassin and all the usual names were taken. so i thought about words meaning roughly the same thing that are rarely used. Hushed Dispatch. Silent connection to the end.

Skinwalker
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Skinwalker » 19 Jul 2012 09:03

Mine is from my slight (by slight I mean VERY slight) native american ancestors. A Skin-walker is a witch that can transform into any animal if it is wearing its pelt. Its common in Navajo lore. The cool thing about skin-walkers is they believed that they could steal another humans skin by staring deep into their eyes. I found them fascinating so I took out the dash and made it my username.

Lose your pride, lose your patience, lose your mind. But whatever the case may be, NEVER LOSE HOPE!
SMILE!!! Let everyone know you are a lot stronger than you were yesterday
Sometimes what holds you together & what tears you apart are the SAME things!

Shows so far (Just starting): 5/4/2013

RIP2 Nightmare

Unread postby RIP2 Nightmare » 22 Jul 2012 15:52

My username is my xbox live gamertag haha. The name Nightmare came from A Nightmare on Elm Street since it's one of my favorite horror movie series.

Starception
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Starception » 14 Feb 2013 18:45

Well, in this cult (which is basically a forum group, but on VampireFreaks they're called cults). In the cult PostF*ckers, we put a star emote next to the name of verified members in their user title.
Like this

The star emote looks like this

I recently became an admin of that cult, and I was updating members user titles who posted in the verification thread, and thought to myself: man this is basically a starception.. :tongue:

Ceallach
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Ceallach » 17 Jun 2013 14:09

Mine's simple - it's the Irish Gaelic spelling of my real name. It means 'warrior' and my last name (also Irish) means 'ocean.'

Pato Banton has a song called "Ocean Warrior" and I love it.

My mom must've known something when she chose my name (wouldn't take any argument from my dad). I'm a saltwater addict: surf, sail, fish, you name it. Also an avid conservationist, especially regarding our oceans & shores.

MUSIC SPEAKS WHEN WORDS FAIL

WonSickPuppy
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby WonSickPuppy » 18 Jun 2013 18:17

Rose
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Rose » 19 Jun 2013 18:43

Mine's changed a bit... You see Rose is my real name, :laugh: , it's a lot easier to introduce myself to people at shows if they already know my name.

Portland ME, 11/26/10, Bangor ME, 7/31/11, Boston MA, 9/20/12,
Portland ME, 8/14/13

dlcramer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby dlcramer » 19 Jun 2013 19:20

chandra
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby chandra » 20 Jun 2013 09:16

It's so interesting to read these little tidbits, I always wonder what the stories are behind people's usernames!
Mine's boring, it's just my name haha :tongue:

Feel free to come hang out with me on the book of faces: http://www.facebook.com/chandra.sylvio

*J*
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby *J* » 20 Jun 2013 14:16

aquarius215
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby aquarius215 » 22 Oct 2013 16:05

I am an Aquarius and my birhtday is February 15. Couldn't be more simple or unoriginal. lol

crochetmama215@yahoo.com
Don't let someone tell you you're no one...Odd One
What's inside of me is invisible to most, even in clear view
Where did the time go? Hell if I know
I tried to be someone else, but nothing seemed to change. I know now this is who I really am inside.

NatalieSP

Unread postby NatalieSP » 24 Oct 2013 08:54

I came up with my username by using my first name and I thought I'd include sick puppies in it because they are amazing! :smile: :biggrin: :tongue:

Juliesnaps
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Juliesnaps » 27 Oct 2013 09:16

Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Dana » 27 Oct 2013 09:37

Hmmmmm i don't remember where I came up with mine :laugh:

#2017ForDavid :sp:

David
Ambassador Guardian
Ambassador Guardian

Unread postby David » 27 Oct 2013 11:48

GingerSnaps is such an awful movie, but I watched it. You're right. It hilarious in not making any damn sense.

I DO!!!!

Return to “Random”