How does everyone feel about...

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
Becky
Founder
Founder
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby Becky » 20 May 2008 05:01

morwen1031
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby morwen1031 » 20 May 2008 06:54

I used to be a mod over at the official WB Harry Potter forum, and we had severe problems there keeping the NC-17 HP fictions off the board.

I think there's things to be said for and against fan fiction. I'm not really one for reading it, or writing it, but some of what I've seen is really good; a lot of the writers are obviously very talented. There was a woman who wrote Xena fan fic whose work was so impressive that she was actually asked to write several scripts for the last couple seasons of the show....so there is definitely legit, good, readable stuff out there.

That being said, there's tons of crap out there too, and unfortunately enough I think it kind of outnumbers the good stuff and subsequently gives the entire genre a bad rap.

I'll probably never like reading it, but I think so long as it doesn't get too Mary Sue-ish you're cool....decent spelling and grammar helps too ;)

Just as an aside, if anybody has ever read the book "Mortified" (which is basically just a collection of people's really pathetic and lame journal entries/poems etc. written when they were kids) there is a positively HILARIOUS Duran Duran fan fic in there...yeah, Duran Duran. You'd have to read it to believe it.

Morwen1031

Sick Puppies World Crew Ambassador - New York
Welcome Wagon Team Member
Such is the way of it, to find and lose, as it would seem to those whose boat is on the running stream...

Samsung
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Samsung » 20 May 2008 07:02

LOL, I wanna go find that book.
Duran Duran?
Thats just weird. lol

My avatar is always watching.

Katy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby Katy » 21 May 2008 05:04

Thanks, Becky.

aruna

Unread postby aruna » 21 May 2008 18:20

Return to “Random”