What are you reading?

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
decadence21
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: What are you reading?

Unread postby decadence21 » 25 Jul 2008 11:43

I don't really have time to read a book these days.
It sux cuz I really love to read.

So, I'm reading a Blender magazine. :tongue:

aka Sarah

Donna
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Donna » 25 Jul 2008 21:45

I was at the local B & N tonight and got this one: "I wanna be your Joey Ramone" by Stephanie Kuehnert.
The synopsis on the back reads :

Punk rock is in Emily Black's blood. Her mother , Louisa, hit the road to follow the incendiary music scene when Emily was 4 months old and never came back.
Now Emily's all grown up with a punk band of her own, determined to find the tune that will bring her mother home. Because if Louisa really is following the music, shouldn't it lead her right back to Emily?

One of the reviews on the back reads:

Teeth. Punk. Combat boots. Attitude. Feminism. Family. Girls with guitars. Relationships that jack you up. Sharp things of the not-good kind. Friendships. Love...It's all here ; it's all pure and real.

It sounds amazing and I can't wait to read it ..of course I have a ton of other things to do this weekend so it may be a few days before I start it :tongue:

I believe in nothing, not the day and not the dark. I believe in nothing but the beating of our hearts

Mari
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby Mari » 27 Jul 2008 04:50

OK I'm in danger of sounding really pretentious here, I'm reading "In search of Schroedinger's cat" by John Gribbin, which is, wait for it, a history and introduction to quantum physics. Told you I was a geek... :laugh: I always tend to read popular science books on holiday as I read them considerably slower than other books. But seeing as holidays are in a minority, pity really, I tend to read fiction just haven't finished the holiday books yet. :tongue:

~Mari~

cpeisley
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby cpeisley » 06 Aug 2008 02:16

Harry Potter 7 J.K. Rowling, it's actually quite good

:band: Rock on

Chaos_3
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Chaos_3 » 21 Aug 2008 13:40

Heroin Diaries again, again. (3 time reading.) It's just that good. Lol.
I actually just finised Nobody Likes You - a biography about Green Day.
Flipping through magazines every now and then.

Pwneress
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Pwneress » 21 Aug 2008 22:26

I believe it's called "Chasing The Ghost" I picked it up at a Barnes & Noble, only read like a few pages but I've been meaning to pick it up and read it but I haven't had time :cry:

nicolenice
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby nicolenice » 22 Aug 2008 13:03

Go Ask Alice I have had the book for years but just started it yesterday. I percrastinate :wink:

nicolenice
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby nicolenice » 26 Aug 2008 16:00

BrettL
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby BrettL » 28 Aug 2008 11:57

uhhhhhhhh... read?

:moon:

Justine
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Justine » 28 Aug 2008 16:30

I'm reading Mystic River of Dennis Lehane ! I haven't finished it yet but I really like it ! And after I'll watch the movie to compare !
I also have bought some books for my Philosophy class... I'll have to read them after. :smile:

Kara
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Kara » 28 Aug 2008 16:53

im reading "are you there vodka?...its me chelsea..."
by chelsea handler...
so far its pretty good.

"Angels lift me, Are you with me?"

Samsung
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Samsung » 28 Aug 2008 17:55

The Scarlet Letter.

Its pretty good so far. :D

My avatar is always watching.

Shamrock
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Shamrock » 30 Aug 2008 03:48

This thread.

heavensangel
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby heavensangel » 30 Aug 2008 09:24

^^^^^OMG me too :wink:

Jamie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Jamie » 31 Aug 2008 13:24

Im currently reading HUMANITY AN INTRODUCTION TO CULTURAL ANTHROPOLOGY. It sucks! I got half way through the chapter this afternoon and I fell asleep for like 20 minutes. After that I move onto ETHICS IN PRACTICE, SELF LEADERSHIP, and CONTEMPORARY MORAL ISSUES. College is a ball! :tongue: :crazy:

Mari
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Mari » 31 Aug 2008 13:34

~Mari~

Maddie-O

Unread postby Maddie-O » 01 Sep 2008 00:01

I just started reading "Frankenstein," its for school though but its pretty interesting so far. I mean I've always heard about it from other people but It's gonna be interesting to read the actual story.

HeartShapedCuffs

Unread postby HeartShapedCuffs » 29 Sep 2008 18:24

I'm reading Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer and Pop Goes the Weasel by James Patterson...they're awesome..

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 29 Sep 2008 18:33

Kara
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Kara » 29 Sep 2008 18:46

im seriously going to freak if another person tells me to read twilight...
..i cant stand the bumperstickers of it on facebook..

"Angels lift me, Are you with me?"

Return to “Random”