What are you reading?

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
Sheila
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

What are you reading?

Unread postby Sheila » 18 May 2008 20:51

hey there... just wondering, what are you guys reading these days?

I just recently finished a book of poetry by Eric Victorino called "Coma Therapy". He was the lead singer of a band called Strata. It was actually one of the first times I've read poetry on my own...in the past I've been forced to read it because of school :P
The book was really good, some of the poems gave you insight into what it's like to be a touring musician, while others were just about events that took place in his life.

Now, I'm about to start reading "the Husband" by Dean Koontz. I'm a big fan of his books so I'm looking forward to reading this.

So, what about you?

aussiemcluvn
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

What are you reading?

Unread postby aussiemcluvn » 18 May 2008 21:13

^havent read the poety one. sounds like it might be good though =]

hm... well i just recently read "The Herion Diaries: A Year in the Life of a Shattered Rockstar" by Nikki Sixx and it was AMAZING! and "Velocity" by Dean Koontz. both fantastic.

so now im reading "Into the Wild" its a pretty good book so far

Sheila
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

What are you reading?

Unread postby Sheila » 18 May 2008 21:29

*le gasp* Velocity was the last Koontz book I read!! I loved it :)

Into the wild sounds familiar....not sure why...who wrote it?

aussiemcluvn
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

What are you reading?

Unread postby aussiemcluvn » 18 May 2008 21:32

wasnt it? i thought i had it figured out but... NO!! ha ha it was awesome

um... the made Into the Wild a movie, which is FABULOUS! but the author of the book is Jon Krakauer

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

What are you reading?

Unread postby Serge » 18 May 2008 21:42

Letters to a Young Poet

....I just got my copy, it's amazing and so inspiration. If you're a writer, you MUST get this, it's like the Bible of writers lol.

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

Kemmy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

What are you reading?

Unread postby Kemmy » 18 May 2008 22:20

^^ really? I've never heard of it but it sounds like something I'd like to check out...

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

What are you reading?

Unread postby Serge » 18 May 2008 22:22

Ohh, it's a MUST read, do check it out as soon as you can :D

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

nicolenice
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

What are you reading?

Unread postby nicolenice » 19 May 2008 01:40

I have just started a book called The Next Killings. It is a story about killings at a private catholic school. Don't know much else just started it seriously.

Samsung
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

What are you reading?

Unread postby Samsung » 19 May 2008 01:42

My avatar is always watching.

Donna
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

What are you reading?

Unread postby Donna » 19 May 2008 11:28

I'm about to start reading "99 Coffins" by David Wellington - it's a historical vampire tale. I saw this book at B&N a few weeks after seeing the movie 30 days of Night and had to buy it. I've always loved vampire stories, even as a kid :P

on a sidenote...my most favorite author is Stephen King...he is just amazing, I have read almost all of his books . I have Everything's Eventual which consists of some short stories - all on the freaky/oddball side of course :)
Dean Koontz is great as well, I've read alot of his stuff.

I believe in nothing, not the day and not the dark. I believe in nothing but the beating of our hearts

tara

What are you reading?

Unread postby tara » 19 May 2008 12:43

I am reading Scar Tissue by Anthony Kedis, it's really good
i've actually been reading it since christmas, haha
i read quite a bit when i first got it, but then when i started working in January i haven't really read very much, but i still read it now again, take it to work sometimes and read when it's slow and theres no one there.

I wanna read the book that Slash wrote, and i wanna read that Heroin Diaries one too

aussiemcluvn

What are you reading?

Unread postby aussiemcluvn » 19 May 2008 18:24

okay im gonna respond to many ppl in this one so yeah... lol

Serge: might have to check that out sounds amazing

Sam: yeah so far the book is really good. oo you must watch the movie. its awesome sauce

Donna: i love stephen king too!! one of my favs

Tara: i didnt know Slash wrote a book?! i must read it. and the heroin diaries is a very very good book too

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

What are you reading?

Unread postby Serge » 19 May 2008 18:59

If you do check it out, let me know how you like it :D

It's a very short, but brilliant read.

nicolenice
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: What are you reading?

Unread postby nicolenice » 21 Jul 2008 12:55

Sick Puppies fan forum :tongue:

dressedupaslife
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby dressedupaslife » 21 Jul 2008 13:30

Hmmmm I've never noticed this thread before. I don't get alot of spare time for leisure reading,but when I do, I usually pick up something by Stephen King, Tom Clancy, Michael Crichton, or Dean Koontz. I am currently reading the latest by Dean Koontz called Odd Hours.

I'm sending out a signal to the possibility of you...
'Cause right at this moment, I know you're connected to a part of me that I don't even know myself.

hshiau
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby hshiau » 21 Jul 2008 13:41

i've got a couple of things going on at the same time, depending on my mood. one is Dante's Inferno. slowest read ever since i'm reading the translations as well as the commentary. other thing is sci-fi....The Nonborn King by Julian May (part of the Sage of Pliocene Exile series).

Samsung
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Samsung » 21 Jul 2008 13:47

I love Dantes Inferno

My avatar is always watching.

hshiau
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby hshiau » 21 Jul 2008 13:58

have you read the rest of the Divine Comedy as well?

H8theCause
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby H8theCause » 25 Jul 2008 08:03

Ive been reading Dan Brown's Angels and Demons. He is the author who wrote the Davinci Code. I love all of his work because he includes really organizations and statistics, so it is difficult to seperate reality from fiction.

mellowyellow
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby mellowyellow » 25 Jul 2008 11:01

I've been reading FEAR by Jeff Abbot :D

Return to “Random”