Politics O sweet Politics!

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
jazzyd
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Politics O sweet Politics!

Unread postby jazzyd » 10 Jun 2008 15:42

So how many of you have been following the race for the white house?
I am sooo happy that Obama won!!! and I hope that Clinton wants to be his VP I think that they would make a great team!
I honestly think that Obama will become president *keeps fingers crossed*

nicolenice
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Politics O sweet Politics!

Unread postby nicolenice » 10 Jun 2008 15:45

I have not been following to closely lately but I thought I heard that Hilary didn't want to be his Vice Pres

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 10 Jun 2008 15:48

Honestly, I think this November it'll just be another Douche or Turd campaign =[

.....but I guess I'll have to vote for the less lame one.

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

Susanna
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Susanna » 10 Jun 2008 15:51

// hops off admin pedestal and becomes normal person.

Any democrat - and I do mean ANY - will get my vote. A freakin' side show carnival monkey in a tutu doing the can-can will do more good than any republican.

Ahem.

// Back to my normal administrative role.

plus44
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby plus44 » 10 Jun 2008 15:53

I say Mark should run for president (since emma and shim aren't natives XD)

jazzyd

Unread postby jazzyd » 10 Jun 2008 15:53

haha thanks for joining us "norms" Susana!
lol @ Monkey

nicolenice
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby nicolenice » 10 Jun 2008 15:54

Stephanie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Stephanie » 10 Jun 2008 16:05

plus44
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby plus44 » 10 Jun 2008 16:06

thats why I stay quiet and watch like this ----> :o

jazzyd

Unread postby jazzyd » 10 Jun 2008 16:06

but but we all love each other here right?
No matter if we turn into monsters?
lol

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 10 Jun 2008 20:45

An Obama/Clinton ticket would be amazing. One can only dream....

DNRpuppy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby DNRpuppy » 10 Jun 2008 21:01

I'm not a huge fan of Clinton, but I would be overjoyed to see Obama take the big chair.

Donna
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Donna » 10 Jun 2008 21:53

Susanna, I remember you telling me that during one of our phone conversations and I love it :razz:
I admit that I do not follow politics very closely but with what I have seen these past 4 years I know we definitely need a democrat in the house so my vote would go there. The last I heard Hillary is backing Obama 100% and I thought she did want to be the VP, unless that has changed .

I believe in nothing, not the day and not the dark. I believe in nothing but the beating of our hearts

Zach
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Zach » 10 Jun 2008 21:57

Aha, a thread that I'm sure will start some fun action. I will withhold my political views as they tend to be slightly extreme. Let's just put it this way: to call me a liberal would be an insult. Conservatives are on the right, liberals are on the left, and then about 35 km farther to the left there's me and Jesus (and no, I'm not comparing my morality, spirituality, or humanitarianism to that of Jesus--no blasphemous behaviour intended). ;)

And by the way, I can't take credit for that comparison as one of my professors in high school said that (and mind you, he's a priest).

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 11 Jun 2008 04:41

nicolenice
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby nicolenice » 11 Jun 2008 10:25

Donna hopefully you are right. I hope hilary does go with obama it would be great.

And in highschool I did not know what the difference between liberal and conservative was. It was never explained to me. But then I took a government class it was a debating class. so much fun. my teacher asked us to identify what we were 2 weeks into the class and i told her i was a liberal then she told me I was the most far left liberal she had ever met even more than her she was shocked. It was just so funny to me and I thought i would share.

plus44
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby plus44 » 11 Jun 2008 10:35

I've never really cared about who was president. But now i do because now I have meredith and another friend thinking about joining the military. I would rather have a "liberal" win because I don't want meredith to be sent off to fight a war. My other friend can't shoot a target within 2 feet of him so he'd just do paper work.

dressedupaslife
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby dressedupaslife » 14 Jun 2008 09:34

I wanna put my conspiracy theory out there as to why Hillary would want to be on the ticket in November. If by chance Obama got elected, I believe that somehow Hillary would become president before the end of the first term.

I'm sending out a signal to the possibility of you...
'Cause right at this moment, I know you're connected to a part of me that I don't even know myself.

Zach
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Zach » 14 Jun 2008 09:56

nicolenice
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby nicolenice » 14 Jun 2008 11:17

Return to “Random”