Chipin Project: Help Sock

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
billeh
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Chipin Project: Help Sock

Unread postby billeh » 29 Oct 2012 13:01

Sock is a sweet kitten who loves to play and climb on things. Give her a toy mouse and she will go crazy on it for hours.

Sock is a part of a feral group of cats that lives around my apartment complex. Many of the cats hang out in front of my apartment for food and lovins.

About a month ago and a half ago, Sock came over and we could tell somethingwas wrong with her tail. She had sustained some form of trauma which resultedin a broken tail. Her tail didn't seem to be bothering her, so we let her be.She wasn't in pain and went about like normal, just with a stiff tail.

A month later, the middle part of her tail started to lose fur. We caught her and treated the area with Neosporin. After a week or so the area healed. Then the end of her tail started sloughing off fur. The area was a bloody, gooey mess, so we caught her again and treated her tail as we had before.

This treatment didn't work on the end of the tail. There is poor circulation and an infection in the end, which is starting to cause her pain. At first she didn't react when her tail was touched. Now she tucks her tail in between her legs and holds it against her tummy. This makes it difficult for her to walk.

We took Sock to see the vet to see what could be done before the infection spreads and kills her. He suggested removing the tail.

We're asking for help paying for Sock's treatment so that she can get better. She is FIV and FLV free, and once tamed, would be a great pet. We're hoping to improve her health and then find her a loving home.

Sock needs the surgery soon to remove the infected area. Please help us save this little kitten!

We appreciate anything you can give towards the cause.

Thank you!

-Sam & Dave

I'll do what I wanna do, 'cause I wasn't built to lose.

Show me where it hurts, and I will make it worse.
9/30/07, 9/20/08, 5/23/09, 8/14/10- Pointfest, St. Louis, MO
5/1/10-Rolla, MO
12/13/09, 12/13/10-Hoho Show, St. Louis, MO
4/24/10-Tulsa, OK

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Random”