Gonna need some support here gang

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
CrewMom
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Gonna need some support here gang

Unread postby CrewMom » 08 Jul 2008 23:14

Ok so I have Congestive Heart Failure..not pretty I know and my dumb ass is STILL smoking...can you say Idiot? Anyway the weather here in Fresno is hella hot and I can't even go outside let alone walk from my living room to my bathroom without having to stop to catch my breath. I have fluid on or in my lungs and need to go to the doctor but have no health insurance. So I made Missy hide my cigarettes tonight and this is it. I just wanna be able to breathe and be around long enough to eventually see my grandkids or grandpuppies hehe I know it's gonna be hard but it has to be done. Wish me luck!

decadence21
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: Gonna need some support here gang

Unread postby decadence21 » 08 Jul 2008 23:26

You can do it!!!
It's obvious that you can be very determined.
I wish you strength and self-control!!!+
You have my support!!!
:hug:

aka Sarah

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby Serge » 08 Jul 2008 23:43

Best of luck to you, we believe in you.

If there's a will, there's always a way<3

.....I know that saying is cliche, but it's cliche because it's true :)

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

Pwneress
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Pwneress » 09 Jul 2008 00:12

I have the biggest faith in you, you don't even know, yeah I don't know you super well, but from the few times I've spent time with you I can tell you're one strong amazing woman.

Katy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Katy » 09 Jul 2008 05:06

*hugs* Shari...Good for you for having Missy do that. It's at least a step in the right direction! I wish you the best of luck. My Nana and my father-in-law both have COPD and A/C is a must in the summertime for them because of the humidity, so I can understand what you're talking about. I know you can do it!

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 09 Jul 2008 05:13

Good luck, Shari!!!

mellowyellow
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby mellowyellow » 09 Jul 2008 05:48

Bueno Suerte, amiga! :rock:

dressedupaslife
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby dressedupaslife » 09 Jul 2008 07:58

Shari,

You can do this Shari !!! I was a smoker for over 15 years and I quit cold turkey a year and a half ago. If I can do it you can too. If you're gonna go cold turkey, then just having Missy "hide" your cigarettes isn't doing you any good !!! She needs to destroy them, because you are DONE smoking !!! It was kina hard the first couple weeks, but I kept telling myself how gross and disgusting it was, and that I was only killing myself if I kept smoking. That self convincing really helped me. After about 6 weeks I had no desire to light one up at all because they were repulsive to me. Food even started tasting better after quitting !!! Ohh yeah, another thing you must do, is NEVER purchase another pack to have around "just in case" !!! Everytime ya "feel" like going to buy a pack, take that money and put it in a jar and save it. When I saw how much money I was wasting on that disgusting sh*t, it really helped too. You have my support Shari, this is one time in your life where you win by quitting !!! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Brian
xox

I'm sending out a signal to the possibility of you...
'Cause right at this moment, I know you're connected to a part of me that I don't even know myself.

Samsung
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Samsung » 09 Jul 2008 08:17

:hug: :hug: Oh Shari, best of luck to you.

You can do it. :biggrin:

My avatar is always watching.

Kemmy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Kemmy » 09 Jul 2008 08:30

Good luck, Shari!

Brian is right, leaving cigarettes around will not help. I used to smoke also and as long as the temptation is there, it is very easy to get back into it. You can do it! We're all here to support you whenever you need it
:hug:

Zach
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Zach » 09 Jul 2008 08:36

I have faith in you that you will be able to kick this habit. It is an incredibly difficult one to shake, but you've already displayed the motivation to stop. I will keep you in my thoughts.

nicolenice
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby nicolenice » 09 Jul 2008 09:26

Shari,

I am sorry to hear that you have Congestive Heart Failure but I am so glad that you are trying to do something to help it out. I agree with Brian don't have Missy hide them, completely destroy them. And no don't keep one or two just in case becaus eit will just lead to another pack. I have faith in you 100%. If you need someone to scream and yell to just let us know we will be there for you. Keep us updated on your success. :hug:

Donna
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Donna » 09 Jul 2008 10:11

Good Luck Shari - I quit cold turkey quite a few years ago and I have faith that you can do this :hug:
You seem like a strong woman with amazing determination (look at all those myspace pages you've done :cool: )
so this will be a hurdle you can jump over . We are all here for you for support and well wishes!!

xx

I believe in nothing, not the day and not the dark. I believe in nothing but the beating of our hearts

Lisa
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Lisa » 09 Jul 2008 11:10

Just hang in there Shari, you can do it! :smile:

solacematt
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby solacematt » 09 Jul 2008 11:38

You can do it, just remember lots of people have faith in ya :)

Stephanie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Stephanie » 09 Jul 2008 13:29

I'm going to begin sending you good vibes, and I wish you luck trying to kick the habit. I know you can do it. :smile:

nicolenice
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby nicolenice » 10 Jul 2008 14:24

Hey Shari this is something for you.

Missy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Missy » 11 Jul 2008 22:13

Thank you guys! I know I'm not her, but I appreciate these kind words as well. I ALWAYS support my mom in this, and it doesn't work. I hope it will work this time because quite frankly, I would be completely lost without her. (She has no idea I am writing this right now) I know she can do it, it's just a matter of having everything go right. I really don't know what I would do if the cigarettes won and I lost my mom... And I'm crying now, so I am gonna go. But thank you again for the support! Keep the vibes comin' guys!

Shamrock
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Shamrock » 12 Jul 2008 04:20

I believe in you Shari! You can do this! :rock:

dreamchayser

Unread postby dreamchayser » 13 Jul 2008 07:28

You have a heart of steel and the determination to boot! Even though I don't know you and haven't spoken to you (have only been on the boards a few weeks), I just wanted to let you know that you two are in my prayers and I hope all works out for the best..

::::BIG HUGS::::

love and blessings...
Chrissy :rock:

Tears can be dried, but the heart... never...

Return to “Random”