Food, Recipes, etc.

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
dressedupaslife
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: Food, Recipes, etc.

Unread postby dressedupaslife » 07 Sep 2008 04:59

Jami,

Well, let me know how it turns out for you love. This is now one of my favorite ways to do chicken, Aussie style lol. :laugh:

I'm sending out a signal to the possibility of you...
'Cause right at this moment, I know you're connected to a part of me that I don't even know myself.

dressedupaslife
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby dressedupaslife » 24 Oct 2008 17:33

Ingredients

6 Twinkies
Popsicle sticks
4 cups vegetable oil
Flour for dusting
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons vinegar
1 Tablespoon oil
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions

Chill or freeze Twinkies for several hours or overnight.
Heat 4 cups vegetable oil in deep fryer to about 375 degrees.
Mix together milk, vinegar and oil.
in another bowl, blend flour, baking powder and salt.
Whisk wet ingredients into dry and continue mixing until smooth. Refrigerate while oil heats.
Push stick into Twinkie lengthwise, leaving about 2 inches to use as a handle, dust with flour and dip into the batter. Rotate Twinkie until batter covers entire cake.
place carefully in hot oil. The Twinkie will float, so hold it under with a utensil to ensure even browning. It should turn golden in 3 to 4 minutes. Depending on the size of your deep fryer, you might be able to fry only one at a time, two at the most.
Remove Twinkie to paper towel and let drain. Remove stick and allow Twinkie to sit for about 5 minutes before serving.

I'm sending out a signal to the possibility of you...
'Cause right at this moment, I know you're connected to a part of me that I don't even know myself.

Jamie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby Jamie » 24 Oct 2008 19:43

I cannot believe I havent contributed to this thread yet! Here is a cake I am making for a halloween contest. If any of you have work halloween parties, consider making this.

Kitty Litter Cake

100% would make this again
Review this recipe
Read reviews
Send to a friend
print recipe
1 package spice cake mix
1 package white cake mix
1 package white sandwich cookies
1 package vanilla pudding mix
green food coloring
12 small Toosie rolls
1 brand new, unused kitty litter box
1 brand new, unused pooper scooper

Prepare cake mixes and bake according to directions. Prepare pudding mix and chill until ready to assemble. Crumble white sandwich cookies in small batches in blender, they tend to stick, so scrape often. Set aside all but about 1/4 cup. To the 1/4 cup cookie crumbs, add a few drops green food coloring and mix using a fork. When cakes are cooled to room temperature, crumble into a large bowl. Toss with half the remaining cookie crumbs and the chilled pudding; gently combine. Line new, clean kitty litter box. Put mixture into litter box. Put three unwrapper Toostie rolls in a microwave safe dish and heat until soft and pliable. Shape ends so they are no longer blunt, curving slightly. Repeat with 3 more Tootsie rolls and bury in mixutre. Sprinkle the other half of cookie crumbs over top. Scatter the green cookie crumbs lightly over the top, this is supposed to look like the chlorophyll in kitty litter. Heat remaining Tootsie Rolls, 3 at a time in the microwave until almost melted. Scrape them on top of the cake and sprinkle with cookie crumbs. Serve with a new pooper scooper.

chikguitaristnan
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby chikguitaristnan » 29 Oct 2008 11:24

one love

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Random”